5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I Am ****ed Off At Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 09:40 AM

I Am ****ed Off At Nissan

When I first purchased my 02 Max I was happy and now I am PO at Nissan. First of all there service is lowsy and they don't know how to keep there current customers happy. I am still waiting on my replacement sunroof reflector. Nissan doesn't even have an eta on when I might get it, eventhough I like the Max without it. But the point is that Nissan can't even get a sunroof reflector replacement fixed. Let me not tell you about the dozen of chips of paint I have, what a lowsy paint on a $27,000 vehicle. Also, what about the wind noise??? It is music to my ears. And yes I have went to Nissan to service the noise, but all they did was put some glue in the inside of the door between the window. The noise stopped and then two days later music to my ears once again. I haven't went back. Nissan really doesn't know how to service there vehicles. Oh yeah, let me not talk about the squeky brakes,,, damn they are a discrace. No wonder Nissan offers Brembo brakes on the 350Z.
To all that are seeking a compensation from Nissan on the 15hp difference from the altima, Car and Driver's new issue is on the stand. I bought it and there is an interesting article on the Hyundia Tiburon, Hyundia has false advertised that car on hp too. I don't know the precise amount because I don't have the article in front of me, but Hyundia is offering like some extended warranty, but that is like only 5hp off... Our Maxima's are of by 15hp, which is alot to some and the main reason why I bought the Maxima over the Altima. I recently e-mailed Car and Driver and hope you will too... You can contact them at editors@caranddriver.com.....
Old 11-19-2002, 09:42 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Re: I Am ****ed Off At Nissan

Originally posted by 02'maxed-out
When I first purchased my 02 Max I was happy and now I am PO at Nissan. First of all there service is lowsy and they don't know how to keep there current customers happy. I am still waiting on my replacement sunroof reflector. Nissan doesn't even have an eta on when I might get it, eventhough I like the Max without it. But the point is that Nissan can't even get a sunroof reflector replacement fixed. Let me not tell you about the dozen of chips of paint I have, what a lowsy paint on a $27,000 vehicle. Also, what about the wind noise??? It is music to my ears. And yes I have went to Nissan to service the noise, but all they did was put some glue in the inside of the door between the window. The noise stopped and then two days later music to my ears once again. I haven't went back. Nissan really doesn't know how to service there vehicles. Oh yeah, let me not talk about the squeky brakes,,, damn they are a discrace. No wonder Nissan offers Brembo brakes on the 350Z.
To all that are seeking a compensation from Nissan on the 15hp difference from the altima, Car and Driver's new issue is on the stand. I bought it and there is an interesting article on the Hyundia Tiburon, Hyundia has false advertised that car on hp too. I don't know the precise amount because I don't have the article in front of me, but Hyundia is offering like some extended warranty, but that is like only 5hp off... Our Maxima's are of by 15hp, which is alot to some and the main reason why I bought the Maxima over the Altima. I recently e-mailed Car and Driver and hope you will too... You can contact them at editors@caranddriver.com.....
FYI- When the server times you out, your post still goes up.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:27 AM

Re: I Am ****ed Off At Nissan

Originally posted by 02'maxed-out

There have been so many theards lately just like yours with people whinning about their maximas......check out the thread....."If you dont like your MAX sell it!!) and that is exactly my advice to you.....did you not research the max prior to purchase? Everyone knows about the paint chips...get a clear bra...brakes are decent for class and size of vehicle, the wind noise i cant comment on....mine doesnt have it, evidently nissan has huge back order on the sunroof defectors because of mass defect...had mine replaced already.....heck you said you like you max better without it, why complain so much about it....
Old 11-19-2002, 10:52 AM

Re: Re: I Am ****ed Off At Nissan

Originally posted by JAKE02

There have been so many theards lately just like yours with people whinning about their maximas......check out the thread....."If you dont like your MAX sell it!!)
Yeah, try selling your 2k2 max when a new one is $22.5k Go to nissan's web site, they have great deals on the max.

I unfortunately owe $24k on my car, it wholesales at $17k...my car is a 2k2..how do I sell it without getting f'ed? I like my max, but I deserve to get what I paid for. Makes me wonder if i should get that g35 or avoid nissan like the plague.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:19 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

had mine replaced already.....heck you said you like you max better without it, why complain so much about it....
He's not complaining about that directly. He's complaining that they dont really seem to care. Like the radio replacements.

You and that thread are missing the point. If he didnt like his maxima, he would sell it. Notice the thread title, he's mad with Nissan, not his Maxima. He just wants the service he is owed.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:21 AM
Banned

If its Nissan's service quality that you hate, is it because of one dealership, or every dealership you've been to? Believe it or not, some people here don't actually have any issues with their dealership service depts (probably few and far in between) but they're out there. Otherwise, if your really unhappy with your car, your best bet is to try and sell it, or hope that you can get a good deal on a trade in for something else.

Good Luck!
Old 11-19-2002, 11:30 AM

I agree.. I have to drive 30 mins to the dealer I use.. I pass three other Nissan dealers 2-3x larger on the way but the little Nissan place out in the sticks (not really) takes care of me.. wish I had found them a few years ago
Old 11-19-2002, 11:36 AM
Zog

I don't know about you guys, but as far as i can remember, almost all dealerships are a difficult to deal with. I remember when i was really young (12 or so years ago) and my parents were always *****ing about getting stuff right at the dealership.

It's not just nissan, and i don't feel like i'm really going out on a limb in saying that here. There is a reason why lexus, bmw, mercedes are more expensive. Yes, they are better cars, but not mind blowingly better.

When you pay for a car, you are paying for service too.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:43 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

is Nissan so different?

do you really think any other car company (or any type of company) would be that much different?

american business is based on marketing, not quality or service or anything else.

most companies don't bend over backwards for their customers, because they don't need to. they sell products anyways. it's a business decision. there are some exceptions, but for the most part, it just isn't a business priority.

i understand your frustration - and everyone's who feels like they didn't get what they paid for - but just try not to expend too much energy or raise your blood pressure too high over it. sure, do your best to be an informed consumer, but don't let their bad business sour the enjoyable parts of your car (or other purchase). i think the problem's bigger than nissan.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:11 PM

Honda and VW, no.. but thats no reason to let them off the hook. They are obligated to fix these things. Simple as that. It shouldnt be this hard. Ultimately, it will cost them far more than it costs us.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:16 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally posted by zoggfatha

It's not just nissan, and i don't feel like i'm really going out on a limb in saying that here. There is a reason why lexus, bmw, mercedes are more expensive. Yes, they are better cars, but not mind blowingly better.

When you pay for a car, you are paying for service too.
I have to agree. You are paying for service and reputation when you buy a car. I have an I35, practically identical to the Maxima, however, when I take it in for service, I get treated like royalty (at least compared to most of the Nissan service horror stories I hear). Heck, if I even take it in for something as little as an oil change, they don't gripe one bit about giving my a loaner car for the entire day.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:32 AM

There have been so many theards lately just like yours with people whinning about their maximas......check out the thread....."If you dont like your MAX sell it!!) and that is exactly my advice to you.....~SNIP~
Sounds like some of the people in this thread don't mind taking it in the azz from Nissan. I say F' Nissan, their cheapazz paint and anyone that doesn't like to hear that they suck. Maybe you should only read the "I just love my Nissan and its crappy paint" thread if you don't like the hear about the complaints.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:36 AM

Re: Re: Re: I Am ****ed Off At Nissan

Originally posted by F-Nissan

Sounds like some of the people in this thread don't mind taking it in the azz from Nissan. I say F' Nissan, their cheapazz paint and anyone that doesn't like to hear that they suck. Maybe you should only read the "I just love my Nissan and its crappy paint" thread if you can't like the hear about the complaints.
Nice name you picked!! You guys are holding Nissan NA accountable for dealership problems. If your dealership is not helping you, get the regional rep's phone # and give them a call. They are obligated to at least hear what you have to say.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:49 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I Am ****ed Off At Nissan

Originally posted by 2000 SE

Nice name you picked!! You guys are holding Nissan NA accountable for dealership problems. If your dealership is not helping you, get the regional rep's phone # and give them a call. They are obligated to at least hear what you have to say.
Thanks, I like the name too. I'm not holding Nissan accountable for dealership problems, I'm holding them accountable for the cheap paint job.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:40 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Am ****ed Off At Nissan

Originally posted by F-Nissan

Thanks, I like the name too. I'm not holding Nissan accountable for dealership problems, I'm holding them accountable for the cheap paint job.
I am also not impressed with the paint. BUT (always a but) my co-worker at work has a 01 BMW wagon and his chips are off the chart. He drives the same stretch of highway I do and his has suffered much worse. AND BMW told him basically to suck monkey nuts.

Now dont get me wrong. I think Nissan lied and should be held accountable for the poor paint. I have heard tons of stories about cracks, hair and imperfections under the clear and only being give 200 clams to fix it. Oh gimme a break. And lets talk about the "shooting diamonds" story. Right. I could shoot marshmellows at my paint and get a scratch.

But if you have read at all on this board, pre or post your purchase, you would know that Nissan paint is bad and Nissan is not doing one thing about it at all. It would cost them WAY to much and they will fess up to nothing.
Old 11-23-2002, 10:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MetaOrbit
I have to agree. You are paying for service and reputation when you buy a car. I have an I35, practically identical to the Maxima, however, when I take it in for service, I get treated like royalty (at least compared to most of the Nissan service horror stories I hear). Heck, if I even take it in for something as little as an oil change, they don't gripe one bit about giving my a loaner car for the entire day.
You know, I hear this all the time and I always wonder why Maxima owners don't just take there car in to an Infiniti dealership for service. The dealer would be happy to make some extra $$$ off your Maxima and the service level is generally a dealer thing, not a car thing. In other words, the mechanics and service manager are not going to dial it down just because you drive in with a Nissan instead of an Infiniti. If the Infiniti dealers focus on providing a higher level of customer service, than take your Nissan to an Infiniti dealer.
Old 11-23-2002, 12:11 PM

Well I cant wait to see you start complaining about your Maxima cause when you do I will write this exact same thing that you wrote to the author of this thread. Once stuff start happening to you you will completly agree with all of us.

Chris

There have been so many theards lately just like yours with people whinning about their maximas......check out the thread....."If you dont like your MAX sell it!!) and that is exactly my advice to you.....did you not research the max prior to purchase? Everyone knows about the paint chips...get a clear bra...brakes are decent for class and size of vehicle, the wind noise i cant comment on....mine doesnt have it, evidently nissan has huge back order on the sunroof defectors because of mass defect...had mine replaced already.....heck you said you like you max better without it, why complain so much about it....
Old 11-24-2002, 12:13 AM

I clearly want to state that the Max is a wonderful car in its own category of sedans at $26k, but Nissan did a horrible job with the touching up on the 2k2. Come on, they could have definitly fixed the paint problem...

But to the point, I have all these problems and what am I suppose to do... Well like some Haters would say "sell it if you don't like it!" And I will reply, I never said I didn't like the Max or blame anything on the dealership, but plainly Nissan Corp. Come on, some hotshott CEO is making a ton by using this crappy azs paint on our lovely Maximas and I just want to mention that to my fellow org members who are experiencing the same problems as I .....SO if you are not experiencing ANY problems, DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD.....
All you can say is sell it, sell it, sell it....Don't you think if I had the guts to lose 12k on a trade in or even selling it, I would but for some and I , Money doesn't fall from the sky.....

So, to conclude I feel the frustation and pain as like most of the 2k2 owners do who have had the problems I experieced... I pity you and I. come one, I had a Civic Si 99' and Honda had better service and they didn't have this many problems and I only paid 16k for that car... and no it wasn't slow either 13's and no juice all motor... I just hope Nissan gets it's act together, starting from the CEO and down, especially the one who is calling the shots on the misinterpreted HP on the Max, and again 245 HP on the altima wtf...
Old 11-26-2002, 05:50 PM

lexus, bmw, mercedes are more expensive. Yes, they are better cars, but not mind blowingly better.
So a car costing twice as much or 4 times is not is not mind blowingly better? They are.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I Am ****ed Off At Nissan

Originally posted by 2000 SE

Evidently this young man has never dealt with Nissan dealerships, or Nissan N.A. for that matter.
Old 12-26-2002, 06:13 PM

Yeah, Nissan is a huge dissapointment

Man, I got an '01 AE edition, and from what I can tell, I got a $12,000 car for about $30,000. Nissan really gave it to me.
I've got a good one for you guys!!! Anybody tried hauling 3 normal sized people in the back seat yet w/ an SE? Here's a tip - DON'T! I'm not talking about chunky chicks or anything - just 500 - 550 lbs worth of people, and nothin' in the trunk. Try hitting a moderate bump - BAM! BOTTOMIN' OUT THE SUSPENSION!
Then of course, I've had just about every other problem in the book w/ this car. The only thing I haven't had a problem w/ is the Dealers. Must be better on the East Coast or something.
I've just about had enough! I'm thinking about trading my car in for a Mazda 6 - it seems to be a well made car that'll handle, and about all I can afford w/ the hit I'm gonna take getting rid of the 'Max! I'll gladly take the $5000 hit too - at least I won't suffer for hanging on to the 'Max. No more Nissans for me!