5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone Trade for the New Altima?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2000, 04:46 PM

Hey guys i just got back from San diego, we stayed in LA Jolla. Damn its nice there...
Anyways...
I got to thinking, if the new altima is gonna be what we hear it is and is only like 25k loaded, how many of you would trade the max in?? Im pretty sure i would, but only for a loaded one with 240hp v6 and only if it is like 25 or 26k
Would anyone else??

Adam
Old 12-31-2000, 04:51 PM

If I have to I would. The newer Maximas will get bigger and I don't like the sound of that. The Altima will the VQ anyways, right? So it will be the similar to the Max.

The heck with that. Where's my new Z!?
Old 12-31-2000, 05:40 PM

Sounds good

That new 2002 Altima sure looks good on paper.....my lease is up on 2003...perfect timing!
Old 12-31-2000, 05:46 PM

I tell you what concerns me about the Maxima: it is getting bigger with each generation. I don't want a Crown Victoria or Avolon sized car. I want a sports sedan. Maybe with the 6th generation Max the Nissan Sports sedan will be the Altima
Martin
Old 12-31-2000, 07:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

nahhhhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by martinf
I tell you what concerns me about the Maxima: it is getting bigger with each generation. I don't want a Crown Victoria or Avolon sized car. I want a sports sedan. Maybe with the 6th generation Max the Nissan Sports sedan will be the Altima
Martin
forget the new gen altimas and maximas...
i ain't selling my car!!!!
hehe

-peace
Old 12-31-2000, 07:50 PM

I would not trade for the Altima simply because of the present stigma about the Altima's as we know them today.

My thoughts are that you purchased the Maximum for a reason. We did not purchase the Altima because it was a cheaper version of the Maximum sedan. You wanted the Maximum because it was large (for the most part) and was a good performer. An Altima would be nothing more than a Maximum wanna-be (e.g. the more luxorious versions of the Nissan components), with the exception of the V-6 engine thrown in there. This is just like us Maxima owners installing a bunch of Infinity parts on our vehicles simply because we were too cheap to buy an Infinity in the first place, even though they are similiar in many ways.

Perhaps there could be interior or body modifcations to bring the new Altima more in line with were the Maximum is today. However, the Maximum will get it's own upgrades/perks in that the Maximum engine displacement will be larger.

I am presuming it will all be relevent in that the Maximum may get larger, but the engine will get larger as well. The same applies to the Altima in that it will grow in size, too.

I doubt very seriously the new Altima, with the Maxima V-6, will remain the same size. That would equate to putting a V-8 in a Chevette. The engine would be heavier than the sum of its parts.

My .02 cents.
Old 12-31-2000, 08:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ok ok ok .....but....

Originally posted by mdeal
I would not trade for the Altima simply because of the present stigma about the Altima's as we know them today.

My thoughts are that you purchased the Maximum for a reason. We did not purchase the Altima because it was a cheaper version of the Maximum sedan. You wanted the Maximum because it was large (for the most part) and was a good performer. An Altima would be nothing more than a Maximum wanna-be (e.g. the more luxorious versions of the Nissan components), with the exception of the V-6 engine thrown in there. This is just like us Maxima owners installing a bunch of Infinity parts on our vehicles simply because we were too cheap to buy an Infinity in the first place, even though they are similiar in many ways.

Perhaps there could be interior or body modifcations to bring the new Altima more in line with were the Maximum is today. However, the Maximum will get it's own upgrades/perks in that the Maximum engine displacement will be larger.

I am presuming it will all be relevent in that the Maximum may get larger, but the engine will get larger as well. The same applies to the Altima in that it will grow in size, too.

I doubt very seriously the new Altima, with the Maxima V-6, will remain the same size. That would equate to putting a V-8 in a Chevette. The engine would be heavier than the sum of its parts.

My .02 cents.
why do you keep on typing "maximum"? it's uh....MAXIMA!

HEHE....

-peace
Old 12-31-2000, 08:30 PM

Re: ok ok ok .....but....

maybe he likes the magazine
Old 12-31-2000, 08:31 PM

My thoughts are that you purchased the Maxima for a reason. We did not purchase the Altima because it was a cheaper version of the Maxima sedan. You wanted the Maxima because it was large (for the most part) and was a good performer. An Altima would be nothing more than a Maxima wanna-be (e.g. the more luxorious versions of the Nissan components), with the exception of the V-6 engine thrown in there. This is just like us Maxima owners installing a bunch of Infinity parts on our vehicles simply because we were too cheap to buy an Infinity in the first place, even though they are similiar in many ways.

Perhaps there could be interior or body modifcations to bring the new Altima more in line with were the Maximum is today. However, the Maxima will get it's own upgrades/perks in that the Maxima engine displacement will be larger.

I am presuming it will all be relevent in that the Maxima may get larger, but the engine will get larger as well. The same applies to the Altima in that it will grow in size, too.

My .02 cents.
Old 12-31-2000, 08:32 PM

I fixed it. I don't know why "maximum" was on the brain. I will punish myself.
Old 01-01-2001, 09:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Keeping the Max.

I would not trade in the Max, they are great cars. I don't need to be upside down all the time either. Keep the Max and get a used 1997-present 540i. Drive a 1997-present 540i and some of you might say the same. Don't get me wrong, I will always own a Nissan it starts at my roots.