5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Headlight Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 12:22 PM

Headlight Question

I would like to change out my factory headlights on my 2001 SE if it makes sense to. Ideally, I would go for HID's but they are rather pricey and seem to be easy theft targets. I have been reading and doing some searches on the 2001 AE headlights and see that they are different but I am not sure how exactly to make a decision as to whether this would be a worth upgrade. Can someone please explain to me exactly what the differences between the regular 2001 SE and AE headlights are and about how much they cost? I heard the best is going through Dave Burnette at Town North.

By the way, I will have a fun Christmas break adding a Stillen FSTB and RSB to my new-to-me ride. I am sure the instructions I can find through this site will be very helpful. As far as my plan to paint the calipers, I guess I will have to see how much time I have.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:07 PM
The Definitive AE Master

Re: Headlight Question

Originally posted by MaxMSUDawg
I would like to change out my factory headlights on my 2001 SE if it makes sense to. Ideally, I would go for HID's but they are rather pricey and seem to be easy theft targets. I have been reading and doing some searches on the 2001 AE headlights and see that they are different but I am not sure how exactly to make a decision as to whether this would be a worth upgrade. Can someone please explain to me exactly what the differences between the regular 2001 SE and AE headlights are and about how much they cost? I heard the best is going through Dave Burnette at Town North.

By the way, I will have a fun Christmas break adding a Stillen FSTB and RSB to my new-to-me ride. I am sure the instructions I can find through this site will be very helpful. As far as my plan to paint the calipers, I guess I will have to see how much time I have.

Thanks for all the help.
the a.e. headlights are bronze tinted and add a slightly more aggresive look. Please check my homepage for comparison pics.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:10 PM

Re: Re: Headlight Question

Originally posted by Larrio

the a.e. headlights are bronze tinted and add a slightly more aggresive look. Please check my homepage for comparison pics.
Actually, your homepage is what I was looking at the most. I have a few questions for you then. How much was the setup from Town North Nissan? Does bronze tinted just mean how they look OFF or does the actual low/high beam look different when ON?

Thanks.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:43 PM
The Definitive AE Master

Re: Re: Re: Headlight Question

Actually, your homepage is what I was looking at the most. I have a few questions for you then. How much was the setup from Town North Nissan? Does bronze tinted just mean how they look OFF or does the actual low/high beam look different when ON?

Thanks.
if you look closely, it's mostly the lining that is more heavily tinted. The beam pattern and brightness do not look different to me, BUT your turn signals may be a little less whitish/blueish.

the setup should cost you no more than 220 shipped... I forgot since I ordered some other things along with the order
Old 12-11-2002, 01:46 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Headlight Question

if you look closely, it's mostly the lining that is more heavily tinted. The beam pattern and brightness do not look different to me, BUT your turn signals may be a little less whitish/blueish.
I don't know if you just don't want to post it or if you just did not read it but can you please tell me how much this cost you?
Old 12-11-2002, 01:58 PM
The Definitive AE Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Headlight Question

I don't know if you just don't want to post it or if you just did not read it but can you please tell me how much this cost you?
server was slow, i was editing.

your best bet is to call daveb at town north for a quote with shipping to your location
Old 12-11-2002, 02:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Headlight Question

server was slow, i was editing.

your best bet is to call daveb at town north for a quote with shipping to your location
I guess you got some kind of special deal since you aren't telling me even a roundabout price. Anyone else?
Old 12-11-2002, 02:28 PM
jjs

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Headlight Question

I guess you got some kind of special deal since you aren't telling me even a roundabout price. Anyone else?
Like he said, just call DaveB. No secret crap, just call the man.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:30 PM
The Definitive AE Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Headlight Question

sigh, look back up at the original post that i edited with the price.

it's the one right above where you typed "I don't know if you just don't want to post it or if you just did not read it but can you please tell me how much this cost you?"
Old 12-11-2002, 02:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Headlight Question

sigh, look back up at the original post that i edited with the price.

it's the one right above where you typed "I don't know if you just don't want to post it or if you just did not read it but can you please tell me how much this cost you?"
I appreciate it. I forgot about the editing previous posts feature. Doh!