5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

heweeeeeeee!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 12:30 PM

heweeeeeeee!!

My max's antilock brake saved my **** last night.... literally it saved my front end.... i was driving through a city street, fruitridge, between stockton blvd and hw99, to all the sac people, and was distracted by a lexus gs300 or 400 coming the oposite way...

Next thing i know, the car in front of me, a ford thunderbird has its brake lights on, but i was still rolling at least 30 mph... instinct kicked in and i slammed on the brake pedal... for a moment i thought i was gonna rear-end the t-bird but felt the pulsing action of the ABS, and came to a dead stop about 1 foot or 2 shy of hitting it. It was so dang close, my heart was thumping faster than the pistons in the max... Luckily the road surface was dry cause it was raining all day... those blowtenzas would have probably screwed me over if it were wet... Also if i were in my 86 toyota pu, i've would have ate the t-birds bumper and possibly more... I'm just glad i was driving my max last night.

Anyway, i figure i'd better pay attention to the traffic ahead rather that the opposing traffic the next time i'm on such a road.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:38 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I am but a simple unfrozen caveman moderator, your title frightens and confuses me.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by TimW
I am but a simple unfrozen caveman moderator, your title frightens and confuses me.
..what is that title all about???
Old 12-17-2002, 12:55 PM

just to say...

Originally posted by SupaFly

..what is that title all about???
what a relief that i had abs brakes to save my **** from the pain and agony of a potential accident...
Old 12-17-2002, 12:56 PM
jjs

Re: just to say...

Originally posted by koostermax

what a relief that i had abs brakes to save my **** from the pain and agony of a potential accident...
one of those expressions that just DOES NOT translate well into written words!
Old 12-17-2002, 01:32 PM

the best 'mod' for emergency maneuvers in the max.

Old 12-17-2002, 01:47 PM
Banned

the best 'mod' for emergency maneuvers in the max.

Anyhow, ABS on dry pavement is actually worse than no ABS. ABS is really only good for wet or slick roads, so that when your wheels are about to lock up the system pulses them, preventing lock up, and thus you can still maneuver the car instead of having them lock up and just sliding.

I guess the brakes are really good though!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 01:55 PM

yeah, honestly the abs is great in the max.. but sometimes you dont know if the abs kicked in or you just warped you rotors. :/
Old 12-17-2002, 01:55 PM
rilla dope

Haha, good call... (jingle)Unfrozen Caveman Moderator!(/jingle)