5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Angel Eyes Complete for 5th gens...LINK INSIDE...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 06:51 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Angel Eyes Complete for 5th gens...LINK INSIDE...

GROUP DEALS FORUM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=181509
Old 01-14-2003, 07:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 01-14-2003, 07:23 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Re: Angel Eyes Complete for 5th gens...LINK INSIDE...

the distributor has posted all info required for the production of the 5th Gen Angel Eyes....first 50 deposits of $50 will be the ones that get the startup price of $180 for the kit, so 130 will follow after the new mods are created. after that, the price will jump up, so anyone who wants to get in on it now, first 50 ONLY get it at 180 with a deposit of $50 to help production costs. the IS300 guys did this the EXACT same way and as pictures showed...their angel eyes project was a success.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

reply to questions posted @ THREAD
Old 01-15-2003, 04:22 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6
reply to questions posted @ URL=http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=181509]THREAD[/URL]
he has a response on page 1 and 2 more on page 2.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:23 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by PoLo

he has a response on page 1 and 2 more on page 2.

bumpin it up for any late comers or anyone who doesn't check the group deal forum....

damn, at 766 views in less than 2 days, everyone and their mother was interested. i should be recieving a list of people who've already paid and as soon as we reach the 50, i will anounce it to confirm that production will begin.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:24 PM
2-Wheelin it...

bumpin it up for any late comers or anyone who doesn't check the group deal forum....

damn, at 766 views in less than 2 days, everyone and their mother was interested. i should be recieving a list of people who've already paid and as soon as we reach the 50, i will anounce it to confirm that production will begin.

bumpity bump bump
Old 01-23-2003, 11:00 PM

bumpity bump bump
I put this on that link but people may miss it because it is such a big link.

Got a few questions. If I get the Angel Eyes, will they be on at night along with my xenon headlights? How do I put them on during the day without having the xenons on? How do I take the face plate off of the headlights? Isn't that bad for the lights? Sorry, they are jusy new to me.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by floridabornmax

Got a few questions. If I get the Angel Eyes, will they be on at night along with my xenon headlights? How do I put them on during the day without having the xenons on? How do I take the face plate off of the headlights? Isn't that bad for the lights? Sorry, they are jusy new to me.
?
Old 01-23-2003, 11:26 PM

PoLo should you tell him or should I? I guess I will.
-The Angel Eyes can be on with your existing Xenon headlights if you wish to do so.
-You can have them on during any time of the day either wiring it via to your parking lights or through a seperate switch.
-To remove the plastic lens on the headlight you can either put them in the oven or use a heatgun/hair dryer.
-Using a heatgun/hair dryer is not bad for the lights nor is an oven.
-Heres a VIDEO clip on how the IS300 guys installed their Angel Eyes.
Hope this info helps but if not contact either PoLo or Umnitza for any additional questions.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:35 PM

Originally posted by clipse

-The Angel Eyes can be on with your existing Xenon headlights if you wish to do so.
-You can have them on during any time of the day either wiring it via to your parking lights or through a seperate switch.
-To remove the plastic lens on the headlight you can either put them in the oven or use a heatgun/hair dryer.
Hope this info helps but if not contact either PoLo or Umnitza for any additional questions.
Alright, that should help now. Do they make the xenons look brighter at night? So I am actually going to bake my lights?
Old 01-23-2003, 11:41 PM

Besides, they also look a tiny bit more professional then I do, haha. It took me awhile to put my 2k2 headlights on and I had step by step directions.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:46 PM

Alright, that should help now. Do they make the xenons look brighter at night? So I am actually going to bake my lights?
-I don't know if they make them brighter for our Xenon Headlights,
but for more info regarding this check out UMNITZA INC. and judge for yourself by looking at ther BMW videos.
-If weary of your "headlights being in the oven",I suggest using the heatgun/hair dryer method instead and pry it with a butter knife.
Hope this helps. If not, contact either PoLo or Umnitza for additional info.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:47 PM

this wasn't clear in the post or i just did't see it
it said its for 5th gen max, and the lights are different on 2k-2k1 and 2k2-2k3 as we know it, will it fit both or just the newer ones?
Old 01-23-2003, 11:48 PM

-I don't know if they make them brighter for our Xenon Headlights,
but for more info regarding this check out UMNITZA INC. and judge for yourself by looking at ther BMW videos.
-If weary of your "headlights being in the oven",I suggest using the heatgun/hair dryer method instead and pry it with a butter knife.
Hope this helps. If not, contact either PoLo or Umnitza for additional info.
I'm going to check it for sure. Thanks for your assistance.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:04 AM

Cthemall: The Angel-Eyes Kit that is being offered will only fit on 2002-2003 models unless you have a 2000-2001 with the 2002-2003 Xenon headlights modded on your car then they will fit also.
floridabornmax: No problem,"I try to..."
Old 01-24-2003, 01:25 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

bump
Old 01-24-2003, 05:51 AM
2-Wheelin it...

ok, i'll add onto this with some technical babble.
these lights aren't designed to go on with anything specifically. it's all about how you wire them. you can choose to wire them so that they turn on with certain functions.
let me start with a relay and explain how it works. a basic relay has 3 connection points (we'll call them A, B, C in this example) a wire comes from the battery (power source) to connection A. another wire goes from connection B to the unit (in this case, the angel eyes). now, A and B are not connected. this is why C exists. you wire connection C to anything you want. C acts as a remote turn on wire, which means that when C recieves any energy, it forces A and B to connect. so, C never acts as a power source, it is just a means of controlling when units are on. this is how an aftermarket fog system is usually wired and also how an amp is wired. all amps have huge wires powering them. but then they have a thin wire (remote turn on) and all it does is when a signal is sent (a very light signal) it makes the amp turn on.

now you understand how relays work. now, most likely this is how EVERYONE will do the angel eyes. like i said before, the angel eyes turn on depending on how you wire them. if you dont' use a relay and you run it to directly to the battery, then it will be on 24/7 (stupid). if you tap a switch into that, then you can manually controlt he power, but technically they can be on 24/7 as well. now, you can put a relay and no switch. run a wire from battery to relay, relay to angel eyes, and then the remote turn on, well you can put it wherever you please that there is a power source. for example, your parking lights. tap the wire and run it to connection C. it will not drain energy from the corner lights. it will simply send a signal to the relay, which connects points A and B, so that power from the battery will power the angel eyes. if you kill the power on the remote turn on (connection C) then it disconnects the connections between A and B, and the angel eyes turn off.

for those that did the fog light rewire, this is how it was done. the wire that was snipped was really a remote turn on wire that turned on only when the headlights were on. those who did the rewire sent that wire to the corner lights. and now you only need the corner lights on to turn on the fogs.

so, you can put a relay and tap connection 'C' to a corner light, the headlights even (i dont know why, but you could) hell you can even tap them into the turn signals (which would cause the angel eyes to blink when you turn, another dumb idea, but to each his own) but what i'm saying is that they turn only how you wire them. they dont' have to turn on any special way.

i hope this helps some of you not so electronically savy people.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:00 AM

I wonder if it would be possible to wire them so that they could be on all the time when I'm driving during the day (sorta like daytime running lights), and then when my auto HIDs kick in, they would turn off. If that's possible, that's definitely how I'm gonna do it. I would think that the HIDs would take away from the cool effect, but I will have to see once they are in (assuming they are made).
Old 01-24-2003, 06:06 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by MrCollegeGuy
I wonder if it would be possible to wire them so that they could be on all the time when I'm driving during the day (sorta like daytime running lights), and then when my auto HIDs kick in, they would turn off. If that's possible, that's definitely how I'm gonna do it. I would think that the HIDs would take away from the cool effect, but I will have to see once they are in (assuming they are made).
yeah, it can be done...it's all about how you wire them.

but it's a tough wiring system. let me think. i do believe that there are reverse relays, which mean that connections A and B are always connected and when a signal is sent from connection C, then A and B disconnect (opposite of a normal relay)
i think this is called a normally closed relay.

so for the always on part, you can run a normally open relay to the accessory wire in the car. this would have them on only when the car is on. then put a normally closed relay in between the the accessory and relay connection and run that relay's remote turn on to the headlights. with this method. the angel eyes would stay on while the car is on, and then if at any point, the headlights turned on, a signal would cause the normally closed relay to open, therefore killing the connection between the accessory and the other relay, therefore killing the power on the angel eyes.

sounds confusing, but if you draw it out, it makes sense. it's a good idea. i actually like it a lot.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:15 AM

yeah, it can be done...it's all about how you wire them.

but it's a tough wiring system. let me think. i do believe that there are reverse relays, which mean that connections A and B are always connected and when a signal is sent from connection C, then A and B disconnect (opposite of a normal relay)
i think this is called a normally closed relay.

so for the always on part, you can run a normally open relay to the accessory wire in the car. this would have them on only when the car is on. then put a normally closed relay in between the the accessory and relay connection and run that relay's remote turn on to the headlights. with this method. the angel eyes would stay on while the car is on, and then if at any point, the headlights turned on, a signal would cause the normally closed relay to open, therefore killing the connection between the accessory and the other relay, therefore killing the power on the angel eyes.

sounds confusing, but if you draw it out, it makes sense. it's a good idea. i actually like it a lot.
Thanks, man! I'm excited
Old 01-24-2003, 09:27 AM

Wanna make it more complicated electronically, but more effective? How about this idea?
When a new 5-series drives by, you notice the angel eyes on the high beams but not on the low beam projector due to the HIDs. Even though the HIDs are bright, nonetheless you notice the angel eyes on the High beam projector. This leads to this idea. You connect it such a way that you can have the both angel eyes light up as you want it to, but when the HIDs are lit (low beams), the angel eye piece surrounding the low beam projector turns off (that one only), but leaving the one connected to the high beam projector lit. That gives it a mean looking effect, and it will still be noticeable with the HIDs lit. You can go further and connect it so that when the High beams are lit, both angel eyes pieces shut off.

Now check this out. Unlike the 5-series projector, or the IS300 lights for that matter, when our hids are lit, if you look, only the top part of the entire projector is lit, therefore with an angel eyes piece covering the entire projector, you'll be able to still see the half of it lit, and the piece surrounding the High Beam projector. I think that i'll look sweet like that. We'll have to see it on with the lights on the car and everything, but i think it'll be noticeable with the HIDs lit. Not from far, but when getting closer and you pass the car. SWEEET.

What do you guys think?
Old 01-24-2003, 09:32 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by sorcereur
Wanna make it more complicated electronically, but more effective? How about this idea?
When a new 5-series drives by, you notice the angel eyes on the high beams but not on the low beam projector due to the HIDs. Even though the HIDs are bright, nonetheless you notice the angel eyes on the High beam projector. This leads to this idea. You connect it such a way that you can have the both angel eyes light up as you want it to, but when the HIDs are lit (low beams), the angel eye piece surrounding the low beam projector turns off (that one only), but leaving the one connected to the high beam projector lit. That gives it a mean looking effect, and it will still be noticeable with the HIDs lit. You can go further and connect it so that when the High beams are lit, both angel eyes pieces shut off.

Now check this out. Unlike the 5-series projector, or the IS300 lights for that matter, when our hids are lit, if you look, only the top part of the entire projector is lit, therefore with an angel eyes piece covering the entire projector, you'll be able to still see the half of it lit, and the piece surrounding the High Beam projector. I think that i'll look sweet like that. We'll have to see it on with the lights on the car and everything, but i think it'll be noticeable with the HIDs lit. Not from far, but when getting closer and you pass the car. SWEEET.

What do you guys think?
easy....you get 2 light boxes per set of angel eyes. 1 for the left headlight, the other to the right,correct.
instead, you wire it so that the 2 rings wired to 1 light box are for the low beams only and the other 2 rings are for high beam. then you wire 1 light box (low beam) as per the instructions i said before (tapped into corner light AND headlight) and then the other lightbox, only tap into the corner light, so when the headlights turn on, the high beam ones stay on.

is that what you meant?
Old 01-24-2003, 09:33 AM

What do you guys think?
I don't think that would be possible based on my understanding, but correct me if I'm wrong. Basically the way I understand it is that if you have them on, they both (high and low beams) have to be on at the same time. They are just fiber receiving light. I Guess if they were both lit off of seperate bulbs it would work, but I don't know if that's the case or not. I like the idea, though.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:12 AM

easy....you get 2 light boxes per set of angel eyes. 1 for the left headlight, the other to the right,correct.
instead, you wire it so that the 2 rings wired to 1 light box are for the low beams only and the other 2 rings are for high beam. then you wire 1 light box (low beam) as per the instructions i said before (tapped into corner light AND headlight) and then the other lightbox, only tap into the corner light, so when the headlights turn on, the high beam ones stay on.

is that what you meant?
Now THAT is a good idea. =)
Old 01-24-2003, 10:19 AM

DAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN! This just went from kinda confusing to frickin confusing!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2003, 10:45 AM

Cthemall: The Angel-Eyes Kit that is being offered will only fit on 2002-2003 models unless you have a 2000-2001 with the 2002-2003 Xenon headlights modded on your car then they will fit also.
floridabornmax: No problem,"I try to..."

:P
Old 01-24-2003, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by MrCollegeGuy

EXACTLY! That is the only way I would get them! If they run during the day or whenever my xenons aren't on but turn off when I turn my xenons off that would be BA! Plus people will probably see them and ask how I did that and where I got them.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:23 AM

is that what you meant?
Exactly PoLo. That's the way you do it. You'll have to wire it so that the angel eye pieces on the low beam projectors are one circuit, and the ones on the high beam projectors are one circuit; each with its own light box. That way you can do it as such. I'm going to be doing it the simple way with one light box, but i threw the idea out there for whoever is interested.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:29 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Exactly PoLo. That's the way you do it. You'll have to wire it so that the angel eye pieces on the low beam projectors are one circuit, and the ones on the high beam projectors are one circuit; each with its own light box. That way you can do it as such. I'm going to be doing it the simple way with one light box, but i threw the idea out there for whoever is interested.
sorry buddy.
from what i understand the angel eyes COME with 2 boxes. only 2 rings per box, so you'll have to wire 2 boxes up, not just all the rings onto 1. i only assume this because if you see the link below, it's a picture of an angel eye kit for a BMW E46, and as you can see, it comes with 2 light boxes, so i assume it's designed in a way so you only have 2 rings per box.

E46 Full Kit
Old 01-24-2003, 01:43 PM

sorry buddy.
from what i understand the angel eyes COME with 2 boxes. only 2 rings per box, so you'll have to wire 2 boxes up, not just all the rings onto 1. i only assume this because if you see the link below, it's a picture of an angel eye kit for a BMW E46, and as you can see, it comes with 2 light boxes, so i assume it's designed in a way so you only have 2 rings per box.

E46 Full Kit
That's all good. There is a box behind each light assembly. i.e.: A box behind the left healight assembly, and one behind the right assembly. Each box is responsible for both rings in each assembly. If someone wanted to wire it the way i said above, they'll have to have 2 boxex per assembly (1 box per ring) then; Since the box has to be immediately behind the assembly. How big are the boxes, is there enough room to work with if you wanted to do that? I think that's the last set of questions i have about this wiring. That's hella confusing, i don't know why anyone would like to wire it like that but, to each his own.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:12 AM
2-Wheelin it...

That's all good. There is a box behind each light assembly. i.e.: A box behind the left healight assembly, and one behind the right assembly. Each box is responsible for both rings in each assembly. If someone wanted to wire it the way i said above, they'll have to have 2 boxex per assembly (1 box per ring) then; Since the box has to be immediately behind the assembly. How big are the boxes, is there enough room to work with if you wanted to do that? I think that's the last set of questions i have about this wiring. That's hella confusing, i don't know why anyone would like to wire it like that but, to each his own.

bump...and the answer is hopefully they'll fit if the fiber optics are long enough. he said they were 2 feet long. perhaps if they in the middle, we'd find a nice spot for them. who knows...when i get my kit, i'll take various pics of all the pieces so we can start coming up with various wiring schematics...
Old 01-27-2003, 10:34 AM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

sorry buddy.

E46 Full Kit
marco, that set also has 8 rings.. we only need 4