5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Good-Bye

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 06:10 AM

Good-Bye

The gig is up. My 2000 SE goes back to the dealer today because the lease is up. Absolutely loved the car, but it is a little pricey. Have loved the Org, and will probably check back from time to time.

Happy Modding!

Boyfunk
Old 01-28-2003, 06:17 AM

Re: Good-Bye

Originally posted by boyfunk
The gig is up. My 2000 SE goes back to the dealer today because the lease is up. Absolutely loved the car, but it is a little pricey. Have loved the Org, and will probably check back from time to time.

Happy Modding!

Boyfunk

Good luck
Old 01-28-2003, 06:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Happy Modding!

Boyfunk

Adios
Old 01-28-2003, 07:23 AM

Happy Modding!

Boyfunk
What will you get in place the max?
Old 01-28-2003, 07:26 AM
RussMaxManiac

A Sentra.

Maxima is not pricey at all.

Old 01-28-2003, 07:32 AM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
A Sentra.

Depends on your means. Don't make fun of someone because they don't have enough money or feel comfortable carring the payments for a Maxima. If you feel that way, go to the BMW board and have them laugh at your Max...I don't think it's cool to make fun of others in this way.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:34 AM
F---ing Kangaroos

A Sentra.

Your an as$! Who the hell are you make fun of someones financial situation.
Just because the maxima is not pricey to you doesn't mean it's not pricey to everyone else.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:35 AM
jjs

A Sentra.

Unnecessarily arrogant answer. Actually, depending on his finances (and the prioritization of other things in life...some of us do live for more than what we drive), a Max CAN be pricey. By the way, he never mentioned that he was going for new, so the relative amount spent can grab a pretty decent used car, especially with the glut of them around.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:39 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by spta97

Depends on your means. Don't make fun of someone because they don't have enough money or feel comfortable carring the payments for a Maxima. If you feel that way, go to the BMW board and have them laugh at your Max...I don't think it's cool to make fun of others in this way.
Okay, maybe you guys can't read.

So he can stay in the family and get a cheaper payment he should look at the Sentra Spec-V. But the Maxima isn't that pricey for 22k. Especially used.

Old 01-28-2003, 07:46 AM

Okay, maybe you guys can't read.

So he can stay in the family and get a cheaper payment he should look at the Sentra Spec-V. But the Maxima isn't that pricey for 22k. Especially used.
$22K is a lot of money to a lot of people....regardless what it is for.

From the tone of your response it sounds like you did not intend to make fun of the guy but at the same time you can't make judgement calls on other people's finances. When I first bought my house, $5 was a lot of money to me!
Old 01-28-2003, 07:51 AM
jjs

Originally posted by spta97

$22K is a lot of money to a lot of people....regardless what it is for.

From the tone of your response it sounds like you did not intend to make fun of the guy but at the same time you can't make judgement calls on other people's finances. When I first bought my house, $5 was a lot of money to me!
Here! Here!

Also, Russ obviously is oblivious to the fact that regardless of the base price or even negotiated price, alot of other factors come into play pertaining to 'affordability'. Depending on the dude's credit rating it can dramatically alter how much $$$ is required down on a car (even may make another lease undoable), how much the long term price of the car will be (hell, not everyone gets the 0.0% or cheap rates some of us do), etc. Also, place of residence and driving record can cause payments for the overall ownership of a vehicle to become prohibitive.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:06 AM

Thanks!

Thanks for having my back everyone. Russ - I don't believe that you were trying to bag on me, but you do have to put into perspective that $22k is alot of money. We rationalize the affordability by spreading ourselves thin with the incomes that we make. Debt equity financing - it's the American way...

I am pleased that you, and many other Org members are able to be Maxima owners. My priorities have changed due to the need and desire to take care of and provide for my family. I do not ask for your understanding of my situation, rather, I wish you well, and hope for your continued success in whatever path you end up on.

Thanks Org!

boyfunk
Old 01-28-2003, 08:10 AM
jjs

Re: Thanks!

Thanks for having my back everyone. Russ - I don't believe that you were trying to bag on me, but you do have to put into perspective that $22k is alot of money. We rationalize the affordability by spreading ourselves thin with the incomes that we make. Debt equity financing - it's the American way...

I am pleased that you, and many other Org members are able to be Maxima owners. My priorities have changed due to the need and desire to take care of and provide for my family. I do not ask for your understanding of my situation, rather, I wish you well, and hope for your continued success in whatever path you end up on.

Thanks Org!

boyfunk
Classy answer!!

Good luck!

Old 01-28-2003, 08:10 AM

Thanks Org!

boyfunk
Amen! Best of luck to you.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:12 AM
Jedi Knight

Thanks Org!

boyfunk
classy
Old 01-28-2003, 08:17 AM
RussMaxManiac

Thats the type of response I like to see. Maybe others should learn from that!

Anyways, I had to make the same decision a while back and moved to the Sentra because of my job that I lost a while back. I then got a better job, moved back into the Maxima, and even got a Acura CL-S now which is even more expensive.

But sometimes I regret having such a expensive car, because that money could be used else where. But after driving it each day, its worth it.

Old 01-28-2003, 08:22 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

No comment.

Thats the type of response I like to see. Maybe others should learn from that!

Anyways, I had to make the same decision a while back and moved to the Sentra because of my job that I lost a while back. I then got a better job, moved back into the Maxima, and even got a Acura CL-S now which is even more expensive.

But sometimes I regret having such a expensive car, because that money could be used else where. But after driving it each day, its worth it.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:32 AM

good luck with the sentra - the spec-v's got awesome looking interiors IMO, great handling as well
Old 01-28-2003, 08:53 AM

What ever you get don't leave the NISSAN family, especially to go to a HONDUH.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:54 AM
I'm needing a caw

RESALE owns JOO!

Originally posted by SteVTEC
No comment.

Old 01-28-2003, 09:14 AM
OG and counting...

Thanks Org!

boyfunk
boyfunk; I wish you well in whatever you decide to drive. Please come back and visit some time.

Russ; Normally, I don't speak when you practice your routine of "open mouth-insert foot" but what you said was condescendingly arrogant. Who are you to say what is inexpensive and expensive to another person? The man has clearly stated that his family is a priority over an automobile. Maybe one day you will finally grow up and realize that providing for a family is more important than a set of Comptech headers for your CL-S.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:24 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Russ you should just stop posting.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:51 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Chris91SE
Russ you should just stop posting.
NEVER! If I haven't stopped in 7 years, I will never stop!

Old 01-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by Jeff92se
RESALE owns JOO!

de·pre·ci·a·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-prsh-shn)
n.
A decrease or loss in value, as because of age, wear, or market conditions.
Accounting. An allowance made for a loss in value of property.
Reduction in the purchasing value of money.
An instance of disparaging or belittlement.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:08 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by PrinzII

boyfunk; I wish you well in whatever you decide to drive. Please come back and visit some time.

Russ; Normally, I don't speak when you practice your routine of "open mouth-insert foot" but what you said was condescendingly arrogant. Who are you to say what is inexpensive and expensive to another person? The man has clearly stated that his family is a priority over an automobile. Maybe one day you will finally grow up and realize that providing for a family is more important than a set of Comptech headers for your CL-S.
They were OBX($340) not Comptech($1K+????).

BTW, Russ how's that CL-S tranny holding up?
Old 01-28-2003, 12:10 PM
jjs

Re: Re: Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by IceY2K1

More to the point...

when's the next trade in?
Old 01-28-2003, 12:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by jjs

More to the point...

when's the next trade in?

My guess 350Z or if he's got the taste for the 2D luxo now, G35 coupe.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:46 PM

Re: Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by PrinzII

DOH!
Old 01-28-2003, 02:02 PM

Now now

Originally posted by Dohcser
What ever you get don't leave the NISSAN family, especially to go to a HONDUH.
I will probably wind up with a Pilot in about a year.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:07 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Thanks!

It blew up 2 weeks ago. I just got the car back last week.

New tranny, ecu, and resurfaced front rotors at 13,500 miles under warranty.

Old 01-28-2003, 02:13 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks!

It blew up 2 weeks ago. I just got the car back last week.

New tranny, ecu, and resurfaced front rotors at 13,500 miles under warranty.
Did you remove ALL mods(including headers) before you took her in? Did they hassle you about warranty repairs?

Also, any explaination why? Or what happened? Were you "racing" at the track or anywhere when it died?

Come on, I need DETAILS.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:18 PM

Goodbye funk doctor.. Thanks for the clears. I really love'm and nice price ...
Old 01-28-2003, 02:25 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks!

Did you remove ALL mods(including headers) before you took her in? Did they hassle you about warranty repairs?

Also, any explaination why? Or what happened? Were you "racing" at the track or anywhere when it died?

Come on, I need DETAILS.
They knew I had mods on the car from my previous oil change. But I did remove all the stuff and sell it. Not keeping this car for another year. I plan to get out of it in 8 months.

Nope, driving to work, it started to surge, shift gears, hard shifting, and slipping 2-3. The normal problems it shows when its dieing.

But never had problems with warranty coverage. Glad on that.

Old 01-28-2003, 02:28 PM
jjs

A-HA!!!!!

I KNEW a trade in was coming!!!!
Old 01-28-2003, 02:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks!

They knew I had mods on the car from my previous oil change. But I did remove all the stuff and sell it. Not keeping this car for another year. I plan to get out of it in 8 months.

Nope, driving to work, it started to surge, shift gears, hard shifting, and slipping 2-3. The normal problems it shows when its dieing.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Good luck
Old 01-28-2003, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks!

Old 01-28-2003, 04:11 PM

Never a dull moment here on Maxima.org is there?
Old 01-28-2003, 04:15 PM

Happy Modding!

Boyfunk
Hasta la vista, baby. Good luck and come back from time to time.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:33 PM

Au revoir, your a gentleman and a bright spirit.

Good luck.

AA

Quick Reply: Good-Bye