5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I finally bought my Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 02:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I finally bought my Maxima

I just replaced my '94 Altima with an '03 Maxima SE 6 sp w/ HLSD. I had a hard time deciding between the new Altima, the 5th gen Maxima, the G35 sedan, and the 6th gen Maxima. Those like me who owned the 1st gen Altima (which has the nicest velour I have ever seen/felt in any car) were especially let down by the new Altima's interior, even though it's still a really good car. The G35 sedan, while quite nice, is a bit pricey for me and stills lacks a manual trans. Waiting to decide what to buy until info came out on the 6th gen Maxima wasn't easy, but I did. I still don't know what to think about the new Maxima design. So anyway, in mid-January I searched inventory of midwest Nissan dealers on Nissandriven.com (now Nissanusa.com), and several days later bought my Majestic Blue, Frost leather int, SE 6 speed and couldn't be happier. Nearly over the break in period: 920 miles on it so far. I especially want to thank Kevin and all you Maxima.Org members for this awesome resource for Maxima fans.

Oh, one question, which is faster, the Altima or the Maxima?
Old 02-08-2003, 04:37 PM

Re: I finally bought my Maxima

Originally posted by spauldingsmails
I just replaced my '94 Altima with an '03 Maxima SE 6 sp w/ HLSD. I had a hard time deciding between the new Altima, the 5th gen Maxima, the G35 sedan, and the 6th gen Maxima. Those like me who owned the 1st gen Altima (which has the nicest velour I have ever seen/felt in any car) were especially let down by the new Altima's interior, even though it's still a really good car. The G35 sedan, while quite nice, is a bit pricey for me and stills lacks a manual trans. Waiting to decide what to buy until info came out on the 6th gen Maxima wasn't easy, but I did. I still don't know what to think about the new Maxima design. So anyway, in mid-January I searched inventory of midwest Nissan dealers on Nissandriven.com (now Nissanusa.com), and several days later bought my Majestic Blue, Frost leather int, SE 6 speed and couldn't be happier. Nearly over the break in period: 920 miles on it so far. I especially want to thank Kevin and all you Maxima.Org members for this awesome resource for Maxima fans.

gotta love majestic blue maxes. we'll say the maxima is faster for the sake of arguement.
Old 02-08-2003, 05:43 PM

Nice choice in the 2k3 and welcome to the .org!
Old 02-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Nice choice, though!
Old 02-08-2003, 06:42 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Re: Re: I finally bought my Maxima

Originally posted by slickrick

gotta love majestic blue maxes. we'll say the maxima is faster for the sake of arguement.

Welcome to the org! Happy Modding
Old 02-09-2003, 12:52 PM

Congrats. I bought mine 1 week ago. Its white with Titatnium and Moonr
Its glacier white with frost interior. Very attractive and very quiet.
Enjoy
Old 02-09-2003, 12:55 PM

Nice color. Thats the same combination I have. Put some clear corners on it and it will really bring out the paint.

Jesse
Old 02-09-2003, 02:52 PM

Congrats on the new Blue Max. I wish you many years of happy trouble free and safe driving. Stay tuned on the Forums!!!!