5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 07:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Help!!

I hope someone can help me!!

My brother who is some-what mechanical, decided to install my Injen CAI for me today. He somehow managed to crack the mass air flow meter in the process of removing my airbox. (I swear if he wasent my bro I would have hit him so hard at this point) anyhow, I then find out from two different Nissan dealerships that this assembly is around $522 My question is, does any after market company make a Mass air flow meter for the Max that is of quality? and alittle cheaper? For the time being he's going to put it all back together and use alittle duct tape to ensure no air leakage. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 02-13-2003, 08:11 PM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Help!!

http://www.exploremaine.com/~joeho/tape.htm

let them know it's up to 102!

Originally posted by 00SESoonToBe
I hope someone can help me!!

My brother who is some-what mechanical, decided to install my Injen CAI for me today. He somehow managed to crack the mass air flow meter in the process of removing my airbox. (I swear if he wasent my bro I would have hit him so hard at this point) anyhow, I then find out from two different Nissan dealerships that this assembly is around $522 My question is, does any after market company make a Mass air flow meter for the Max the is of quality? and alittle cheaper? For the time being he's going to put it all back together and use alittle duct tape to ensure no air leakage. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 02-14-2003, 04:24 AM

I can't seem to locate any aftermarket MAF meters? can anyone give me any advise as to what to do? I sure as he*l don't want to spend over $500 for a factory one. Thanks in advance
Old 02-14-2003, 04:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The whole MAF only costs about $80 shipped.. I had to replace mines not too long ago. Call up DaveB from Town North Nissan 800-251-7278. Tell him your from the org and he'll hook you up.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:52 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Originally posted by 00SESoonToBe
I can't seem to locate any aftermarket MAF meters? can anyone give me any advise as to what to do? I sure as he*l don't want to spend over $500 for a factory one. Thanks in advance
There really are none available. You need to replace it. Call DaveB at Town North Nissan. You MIGHT just need a $100 part, not the entire sensor assembly.

1-800-251-7278
Old 02-14-2003, 06:11 AM

Originally posted by asu174

There really are none available. You need to replace it. Call DaveB at Town North Nissan. You MIGHT just need a $100 part, not the entire sensor assembly.

1-800-251-7278

I called Dave B. and got the part for $114 shipped second day Fed-Ex. He's a cool guy and a fan of the .org. Thanks guys for the help, I'll be sure to post a follow-up when I finally get it all in place
Old 02-14-2003, 07:02 AM
Banned

Originally posted by asu174

1-800-251-7278
It's DAVEB by the way! Dave B is really ****ed that people are sending him emails asking for OEM parts!
Old 02-14-2003, 07:09 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

exactly, the biggest positive to using Dave is that he'll often find the sub part thats broken and not try to sell you entire assemblies like the local dealer will, saving $100's usually. I'm not sure if the local dealers are just lazy, stupid or greedy (or all). I swear, every time I've walked into a local place, they act like they've never seen a maxima or pathfinder (or whatever car you have).

Local: "Lets see, a light bulb... oh, well the whole dash assembly is $800 and we can have it in two weeks"

Dave: "yeah, I got that, its $400 and two days to your door.. but I could just sell you the bulb for $2.30?"

amazing...
Old 02-14-2003, 07:20 AM
Banned

Originally posted by TimW
exactly, the biggest positive to using Dave is that he'll often find the sub part thats broken and not try to sell you entire assemblies like the local dealer will, saving $100's usually. I'm not sure if the local dealers are just lazy, stupid or greedy (or all). I swear, every time I've walked into a local place, they act like they've never seen a maxima or pathfinder (or whatever car you have).

Local: "Lets see, a light bulb... oh, well the whole dash assembly is $800 and we can have it in two weeks"

Dave: "yeah, I got that, its $400 and two days to your door.. but I could just sell you the bulb for $2.30?"

amazing...
I can also attest to this. I haven't actually bought anything from him, but I did send him an email inquiring some prices. His email reply was prompt, informative, prices seemed very reasonable/good, and he seemed very willing to help.

Very nice guy, and I would also highly recommend him for your OEM part needs.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:07 AM

amazing...

Yea, I definately agree with you on this one. I think the parts guys are alittle lazy and largely focused on making $$. DaveB was a huge help, and always willing to help .org members pay the price we deserve to pay.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:06 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I think Dave takes alot of feedback from the service guys at the dealership about what works and where, plus he knows his way around the parts catalog... those two things are lacking at my local dealers. Makes ordering 1000x easier, the good price is just icing on the cake.

Locally I get alot of "well, we dont sell alot of those..." ok, youre the biggest dealer in a 3 state area and you dont sell/stock wiper replacements, crush washers, replacement bulbs, coils or belts? Damn, what *do* you guys sell? gumballs and coffee for the waiting room?
Old 02-14-2003, 11:04 AM

I think Dave takes alot of feedback from the service guys at the dealership about what works and where, plus he knows his way around the parts catalog... those two things are lacking at my local dealers. Makes ordering 1000x easier, the good price is just icing on the cake.

Locally I get alot of "well, we dont sell alot of those..." ok, youre the biggest dealer in a 3 state area and you dont sell/stock wiper replacements, crush washers, replacement bulbs, coils or belts? Damn, what *do* you guys sell? gumballs and coffee for the waiting room?

Old 02-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Zog

YUP. DAVEB kicks a$$. He quoted me $77 for mudguards and my local dealership wanted like $120. I walked in and told them i could get them from another dealership for $77, and magically their price dropped to $80.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:35 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

wOOt

DAVEB =

If I need ANY OEM parts, regardless of price I order from him. I have saved so much on other item and he is so helpful. Its a no brainer.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:56 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

Originally posted by vito1281

It's DAVEB by the way! Dave B is really ****ed that people are sending him emails asking for OEM parts!
Yeah I did that by accident, WOOPS!