5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Smoked an S500....sorta

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 02:53 PM
vqman

Smoked an S500....sorta

He was driving kinda "mildy aggressive". His was black with tint, so is my Maxima...two good looking cars, but i'd take the Mercedes any day over my Maxima...just can't afford it. anyway, he wasn't going nuts, but he was looking for the holes in the traffic, and accelerating quicker than most would in their $70,000 grocery getter. He was looking for someone that wanted to play.

So when we got off on an exit, I was right behind him. He was first at the light, I was second. He took off, not REAL fast, but kinda fast, I stayed RIGHT with him. Finally he realized I wanted to play, and switched lanes and gunned it.

I stayed in my lane, and gunned it too.

We were doing about 25 when we gunned it, and I was either pulling on him or staying even with him up until he finally let off the gas...around 80mph...

I don't know if he was giving it 100%...that car didn't look a whole lot bigger than mine. I know the E430 is slightly smaller than the Maxima, but both the S and E-class Mercedes are WAY heavier than a Maxima.

When we got to the next light, I was turning left, and he was turning right. I kinda held up a peace sign, verizon..whatever you want to call it...but he looked ****ed...

maybe he was giving it his all...

your thoughts?

-vq

what do those things run in the 1/4 mile? it was the newer body style. and it was an S500, not an S430...

Old 02-15-2003, 02:58 PM
vqman

damn, just looked up some info on it...

$84,000 MY BAD

and 0-60 in 6.1
1320 in 14.7

2000 Mercedes S500 Performance Numbers

I mostly pulled on the guy...never did he pull on me...that's funny...

For the money, I don't know if I would take the S500 over my Maxima.

I could get a Maxima, a 350Z, and still have money left over to mod the HELL out of both...

nice looking car though...bet it feels stable as HELL at 100+

-vq

Old 02-15-2003, 03:07 PM

I bet when you were going 80 in your Maxima you heard all sorts of noises mostly the wind.

That guy was hearing no noises besides any music he was listening to. Maybe his heart beating.

Thats one reason that car is a million more than the Maxima. It's refined. Also, if you were buying a 350z you wouldn't look at the S500, it's not in the same class. 350z and the SLK230 are in the same class.

I don't mean to rain on your parade so nice win!
Old 02-15-2003, 03:13 PM
vqman

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
I bet when you were going 80 in your Maxima you heard all sorts of noises mostly the wind.

That guy was hearing no noises besides any music he was listening to. Maybe his heart beating.

Thats one reason that car is a million more than the Maxima. It's refined. Also, if you were buying a 350z you wouldn't look at the S500, it's not in the same class. 350z and the SLK230 are in the same class.

I don't mean to rain on your parade so nice win!
actually, when I was taking that left turn, after it was all done...

I was relishing in the fact that my Stone Temple Pilots CD sounded so darn good while it was happening...

the roads around here don't generate alot of tire whine...

sure it was quieter in his car, but he was ****ed, and I was smiling...

maybe he should have considered a Z or a Maxima...

While the Mercedes is quiet, they aren't quiet like a Lexus...quieter than my Maxima, but not Lexus quiet.

and it's not like I drive a heavily modded Camaro...gimme a break brotha!

-vq

Old 02-15-2003, 03:54 PM
vqman

BUMP

can't a fella get some props around here?

street racing is a big and all, but come on! this is an $80,000 sedan that I smoked!

-vq

:attention

Old 02-15-2003, 04:27 PM

Re: BUMP

Originally posted by VQMAN

street racing is a big and all, but come on! this is an $80,000 sedan that I smoked!

-vq

a post like this is only going to elicit comments of cars being more than straightline acceleration. there are 250K bentleys that a 6 spd will out accelerate. what comes next?

S500's are NOT racers - they are ultra luxury sedans that are fast enough for all PRACTICAL necessity. i've sat in an S500 numerous times - not even worth of comparison on any level. those things are deathly quiet going 90mph. not even an iota of windnoise - and i mean, absolutely none.

as for the lexus/benz noise comparison - it's close. i think an LS430 has less engine noise, but high end benzes and bimmers tend to have less windnoise.

i own a maxima, and i'm insulted for the benz that you try to compare a maxima to it

now the new supercharged e55 or s55 is to die for. either car will do 0-60 in the low to mid fours with quarter mile times in the mid 12's.
Old 02-15-2003, 04:47 PM
vqman

Re: Re: BUMP

Originally posted by Young04

a post like this is only going to elicit comments of cars being more than straightline acceleration. there are 250K bentleys that a 6 spd will out accelerate. what comes next?

S500's are NOT racers - they are ultra luxury sedans that are fast enough for all PRACTICAL necessity. i've sat in an S500 numerous times - not even worth of comparison on any level. those things are deathly quiet going 90mph. not even an iota of windnoise - and i mean, absolutely none.

as for the lexus/benz noise comparison - it's close. i think an LS430 has less engine noise, but high end benzes and bimmers tend to have less windnoise.

i own a maxima, and i'm insulted for the benz that you try to compare a maxima to it

now the new supercharged e55 or s55 is to die for. either car will do 0-60 in the low to mid fours with quarter mile times in the mid 12's.
well, the owner of the S500 tried to do a little comparison..."stooped to my level" if yo will...

you've "sat in one" so you know they have "absolutely none" in the noise department?

I never said the Maxima was a better car, I just didn't think I could hang with an S500...sure enough, I can.

It's a big V8...a big expensive car...the driver of the car thought he was in a sport sedan...or he wouldn't have given me the time of day.

Yes, the e55 and s55...even the c32 AMG are to die for...

That thing looked AWESOME...the chrome trim around the bumper, the ultra wide tires, with the wheels that are indented except for where the wheels attatch (you know what I mean?)

It's a better car, but I don't think it's $50,000 better.

so forget the "you could buy a 350Z and a Maxima for that price" and how about you could buy an M3 and a C320 for that price....

you are soooo negative...

sheesh...

-vq

Old 02-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Banned

-vq

you bumped your own thread! That, i'll give you props for!

But as for the street racing part....I mean, c'mon now, even you admit it was a and besides, the Max and the S500, as we all know are in 2 different classes. Everyone here would be justifying their "apples to oranges" theories of who should've won, and why the S500 has more of this then the max, blah, blah, blah.

now if you want a pat on the back for this post, it'll cost ya....
Old 02-15-2003, 05:31 PM
vqman

Originally posted by VQPowerSE

you bumped your own thread! That, i'll give you props for!

But as for the street racing part....I mean, c'mon now, even you admit it was a and besides, the Max and the S500, as we all know are in 2 different classes. Everyone here would be justifying their "apples to oranges" theories of who should've won, and why the S500 has more of this then the max, blah, blah, blah.

now if you want a pat on the back for this post, it'll cost ya....
I got my tax return the other day...how much do you need?

I know they are in two different classes..for crying out loud it's an $80,000 car...I couldn't begin to think about paying for that. My house was only $160,000.

I just didn't think I could do that well against it..being it's in a different class and all..

thanks for the props on the bump...

-vq

Old 02-15-2003, 05:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Smoked an S500....sorta

I don't know if he was giving it 100%...that car didn't look a whole lot bigger than mine. I know the E430 is slightly smaller than the Maxima, but both the S and E-class Mercedes are WAY heavier than a Maxima.

the S class is a big *** car...a lot bigger then out maximas...
its cool to see ppl beat on those kinda cars...
haha
Old 02-15-2003, 05:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: BUMP

you've "sat in one" so you know they have "absolutely none" in the noise department?
you're a really bad or careless reader (or the error could have been when you wrote, i guess). i meant no windnoise and i singled that aspect of NVH out since it is particularly bad in our maxes.

secondly, i respect your opinion and WILL give you props for beating an 80K car in something that it was not meant to do.

just don't ever complain when you get beaten by a modded civic worth less than 20K with all of its mods.

i'm not going to argue with you over the 50K. it's obviously worth more to those of us who don't have it.

so, good job on the sorta kill, as you say.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:20 AM
vqman

Re: Re: Re: Re: BUMP

just don't ever complain when you get beaten by a modded civic worth less than 20K with all of its mods.
i don't give modded civics the time of day...

That's what I thought the Mercedes S500 would do to me...I thought he would ignore me...

The Neon SRT-4...much faster car than mine...do I care? no it's a peice of junk. If the guy in the Mercedes hadn't opted to "play" he wouldn't have been embarrassed...I'm sure he feels my car is a peice of junk too. so what, I don't have the money to buy one of his cars. If you added a digit to my salary, i'm sure I would buy an S500 before a Maxima. But I don't have an extra digit on my salary.

I look down on SRT-4's, and I'm sure that guy still looks down on my Maxima...I don't care, but the look on his face...it was worth the risk of getting a ticket for doing 80 in a 45.

but how am I a bad reader?
you say your experience with the S500 is that you've sat in one...and there is no comparison to the Maxima...I assume you mean fit and finish, quality of materials...etc...

but until you are a passenger (or driver)in one that is moving 80mph, how can you speak of the wind noise in direct comparison to the Maxima?

i'm a careless reader, or you're a careless writer...

-vq

Old 02-16-2003, 09:43 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUMP

I assume you mean fit and finish, quality of materials...etc...

but until you are a passenger (or driver)in one that is moving 80mph, how can you speak of the wind noise in direct comparison to the Maxima?

oh come on. did i ever say that i was sitting in one (numerous times mind you, like i said originally), WHILE IT WAS STANDING STILL!?! when i made the comment about the windnoise, i figured you could make the mental leap of 3 millimeters and deduce that i was SITTING in the car while it was going 90.

fit and finish, and general luxury are not even comparable, but you agree on that.

in case you missed it again...i've sat in ONE S500, NUMEROUS times, while off, at idle, in city traffic and cruising near triple digit speeds. i don't know how i can be any clearer, but it seems like you need thorough delineation - so there you have it for a fourth time now. i'm done niggling with you over asinine details. we agree that the benz is nicer, you just chose to nitpick with me over a result of your own shortcoming in semantical comprehension (id est you're definitely a bad reader - i rescind anything insulting your writing).

"good job on the showing up the snooty benz driver who doesn't give a crap about our cars. you deserve a pat on the back"
Old 02-16-2003, 10:27 AM
JET Speed Lab

you should give ME props for beating a SEL 500 and a Z06 Vette in traffic, when i was driving a 3SPD Neon!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 11:09 AM

Originally posted by ToYLeT902
you should give ME props for beating a SEL 500 and a Z06 Vette in traffic, when i was driving a 3SPD Neon!!!

Old 02-16-2003, 02:35 PM
vqman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUMP

"good job on the showing up the snooty benz driver who doesn't give a crap about our cars. you deserve a pat on the back"
gee thanks for the compliment...

but won't you be that "snooty benz driver" when you get done with law school? I hope you won't give a Maxima the time of day. Especially if you're ever in K.C. Because I'll embarrass you like I did that guy yesterday.

After re-reading your original post, I still don't see why you say I can't read. Arrogant perhaps?

If you had said it to me in person, I would have questioned weather or not you have ever been in one at 90mph.

It's not my reading, it's my general comprehension that is different than yours. Not bad, just different.

I am a technical person. I worked as an Avionics Technician in the Marine Corps on AH-1W Super Cobra Helicopters, and then at TWA as an Avionics Tech. Then I went to DeVry, and now I work for SBC as a Telecommunications Analysist. Everything in these fields that is written is detailed and not left for interpretation by the technician (more so in aviation than telecommunications).

If not, your phones, and our beloved Internet wouldn't be up and running, and pilots and airplanes would be falling out of the sky much more than they do now (you're safer in an airplane than in a car).

I am used tothings being clear cut and not up for interpretation. The way you said it...
Originally posted by Young04 i've sat in an S500 numerous times - not even worth of comparison on any level. those things are deathly quiet going 90mph. not even an iota of windnoise - and i mean, absolutely none.
"those things are quiet" sounds more like hearsay than personal experience...

Your statement would have been more clear if you had said...

Should have been originally posted by Young04
i've been in an S500 numerous times - not even worth of comparison on any level. it was deathly quiet going 90mph. not even an iota of windnoise - and i mean, absolutely none.
"it was quiet" this sounds more like YOU experienced it.

"it was deathly quiet at 90mph" vs. "those things are deathly quiet going 90mph"

my reading skills?

I don't think so....

maybe my reading habits...as I am accustumed to more detailed writing.

-vq

Old 02-16-2003, 03:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUMP

If you had said it to me in person, I would have questioned weather or not you have ever been in one at 90mph.

I am accustumed to more detailed writing

so then. how do you reconcile that? for such a "technical" person ready to jump on someone else's conjugation of a single verb, i would think you wouldn't make those sorts of mistakes. it's even funnier that you made the spelling error as you were asserting yourself to be a detailed writer. double standard?

thanx for your life story by the way. and now you get to hear a bit of mine. as a graduate of an ivy league university and a current student at a top 20 law school, i don't need lectures on the technicalities of parlance. i was, am, and always will be taught to be meticulously attuned to detail.

now let's just drop this nonsense as it is getting out of hand. i had fun joshin' around with you, but let's stop before (too many) personal insults get spewed.

regards, and by the way, i will always love nissan maximas (sans the 6th gen).
Old 02-16-2003, 08:10 PM
JET Speed Lab

Originally posted by Jeff2k1GLE

i said in traffic, not a drag race like most people do... its all on driver skill
Old 02-16-2003, 08:31 PM
vqman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUMP

so then. how do you reconcile that? for such a "technical" person ready to jump on someone else's conjugation of a single verb, i would think you wouldn't make those sorts of mistakes. it's even funnier that you made the spelling error as you were asserting yourself to be a detailed writer. double standard?

thanx for your life story by the way. and now you get to hear a bit of mine. as a graduate of an ivy league university and a current student at a top 20 law school, i don't need lectures on the technicalities of parlance. i was, am, and always will be taught to be meticulously attuned to detail.

now let's just drop this nonsense as it is getting out of hand. i had fun joshin' around with you, but let's stop before (too many) personal insults get spewed.

regards, and by the way, i will always love nissan maximas (sans the 6th gen).
I am more accustomed to READING detailed writing...technicians don't write anything, the engineers do...

do I need to break things down for you as well? I figured a law student could make the 3 millimeter mental leap and figure out that when I said I was accustomed to more detailed writing, that I meant I was more accustomed to READING detailed writing...as I was defending my reading skills.

Good to see your dad bought you a ticket into an Ivy League School, I know, I know, you had to have good grades and an excellent SAT/ACT score also...which required work on your part...but that's not all you need to get into those schools. I bet he bought you your Maxima for graduating.

Congrats on making it through though, top 20 schools aren't top 20 schools for nothing. I have a friend at Carnege Melon (spelling?) getting his MBA...he says its the toughest thing he's done in his life. But he has had a pretty cush life. His dad is worth like 8 digits...he highly doubt he got into CMU without some assistance from his dad...but who really knows...

anyway, I am funding college myself, and I'm paying for my car myself too. Going to school full time, working full time. No support from my $15.00 an hour Father, except the occasional help around the house when I was finishing my basement. He would if he could, but he can't so he aint.

regards, and yeah, you're right, we should stop this before the insults get to personal.

-vq

BTW, my dumb jarhead **** still doesn't know what the spelling error was...can you enlighten me? really I don't know.

Old 02-17-2003, 02:40 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUMP

I am more accustomed to READING detailed writing...
monkey see, monkey do - but this was a leap of 5 mm, so maybe i shoulnd't expect too much. a guy who SEES detailed writing, i figure, should know how to imitate it.

either way, by you using my own argument against me, you just admitted that you are a man of hypocritical double standards - you read things as literally, albeit wrongly, as possible. yet seeing the spelling and grammatical mistakes all over your writing, you'd be greatly misunderstood if the rest of the world didn't read your writing with great flexibility.

Good to see your dad bought you a ticket into an Ivy League School,
you know nothing about me and you know what they say about people who assume. just as an aside, do the math here - if my dad is wealthy enough to have bought my ticket into college, don't you think he would also be wealthy enough to LIKELY buy me something more than a maxima? (note the likely is highlighted here, self-proclaimed textualist. need an explanation, just ask). seriously, go to the campus of any top tier school (i know there aren't any in kansas), and check out the cars being driven - you'll see M3s, CLKs, SLs and the like all over the place. if you have issues with the better endowed, go spew your banter at them.

my dad isn't worth 8 figures, and yeah, my life is/may have been comparatively "cush", but at least i've learned enough not to make wholesale assumptions about people from another socio-economic class. they didn't teach you that at DeVry (sp?)?
Old 02-17-2003, 05:03 AM
It's chrome alright...

-vq

1st, you didn't smoke it
2nd, please don't tell me you actually bumped a thread that's 61 minutes old
3rd, you're right, merc is not a lexus, it's sooo much nicer. You are sooo misinformed. Go to a merc dealer and take a ride in one, then you'll understand. It's obvious from your posts that you've never been in one (a newer one, anyway).
Old 02-17-2003, 05:22 AM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUMP

(i know there aren't any in kansas)

at least i've learned enough not to make holesale assumptions about people from another socio-economic class. they didn't teach you that at DeVry (sp?)?
AGAIN!

VQMAN, let's give you a lesson in life... never, and I mean NEVER, try to win a war of words with a)lawyers, b)stand-up comedians, c)a decent teacher/trainer, or d)a DJ. Anyone who speaks for a living will eat you (not 'you' VQMAN, but the plural 'you') alive.

IBTL
Old 02-17-2003, 05:27 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUMP

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe

AGAIN!

VQMAN, let's give you a lesson in life... never, and I mean NEVER, try to win a war of words with a)lawyers, b)stand-up comedians, c)a decent teacher/trainer, or d)a DJ. Anyone who speaks for a living will eat you (not 'you' VQMAN, but the plural 'you') alive.

IBTL
OUCH!!! thanx for the back man
Old 02-17-2003, 07:30 AM
vqman

1st, you didn't smoke it
well, considering I was smiling, and he was pi$$ed off, it was just as good as winning. He was in front of me, and ended up with my front tires at midsection of his car from 25 to 80mph...if we were side by side I would have had him by a half car...the two cars are about equal in terms of acceleration.

Magazines have them both at around 6.0 to 60mph and 14.7 in the 1320.
Originally posted by Young04seriously, go to the campus of any top tier school (i know there aren't any in kansas), and check out the cars being driven - you'll see M3s, CLKs, SLs and the like all over the place. if you have issues with the better endowed, go spew your banter at them.
I went to Havard, took the tour and all when I was in Boston in April 1999. I went to watch a Red Sox game, and Celtics game...I don't remember seeing anything out of the oridanry in reagrds to cars...and the typical college campus. (Except K-State has WAY more pick up trucks).

Go ahead and keep making fun of me and my inability to read on par with an Ivy League Grad. with a 6 digit income (wife included) we're doing ok for not having gone to a top tier school. She graduated from UNCW with a bachelors in Information Systems and Finance.

In Kansas, a little money goes a long way....100G's in Boston or New York isn't worth talking about...but out here it does well.
3rd, you're right, merc is not a lexus, it's sooo much nicer. You are sooo misinformed. Go to a merc dealer and take a ride in one, then you'll understand. It's obvious from your posts that you've never been in one (a newer one, anyway).

oh, about not having drivin a Mercedes and Lexus...when my wife was getting her new car (2001) we drove a BMW 330, a Lexus IS300 and a Mercedes C320. The only thing we like better about the Mercedes was the exterior styling. It drove solid, but I didn't take it to 90mph to see about wind noise. It was also the slowest of the three. The interior materias were nicest on the Lexus, but they were ugly at the same time. The BMW was the driver, followed by the IS300...then the Mercedes. I wasn't really impressed with the Mercedes.

Sure, these are by no means comparible to the S-class and 7 series. But it's all we could afford. We ended up buying her a Pathfinder with....the VQ...has leather, bose, 6 disc in dash cd player...and wind noise at 70+mph...but much more utility than the sedan's we were looking at.

I can hold my own...the 'plural' me...

either way, by you using my own argument against me, you just admitted that you are a man of hypocritical double standards - you read things as literally, albeit wrongly, as possible. yet seeing the spelling and grammatical mistakes all over your writing, you'd be greatly misunderstood if the rest of the world didn't read your writing with great flexibility.
you were the original double standard setter. You expected me to figure out what you were trying to say without making it perfectly clear, and then expect me to write perfectly clear when you don't?

Then you tell me I can't read, because I wasn't sure what you meant. And you had trouble figuring out that I was talking about being used to READING detailed writing, not writing detailed writing.

I didn't set any standards to double up on. I just said that I am accustumed to reading detailed writing, and that is why I misunderstood what you were saying. I didn't say I expected people on this forum to write as such.

After you started telling me I couldn't read, that's when/why I said I expected it from you....and I didn't get it. Then you start using words like "textualist" come on now...how far are you going to go with using big words to look smart...your Ivy League degree doesn't make you feel good enough about yourself?

Then you have to make fun of a guy that joined the Marine Corps when it wasn't cool (post 9-11 it was cool to be a soldier for a little while it wasn't back in 1993) I was willing to lay my life on the line, to protect you and your Ivy League school...and you have to make yourself feel better by making fun of me?

You're pretty low...but I guess that's to be expected from a young man ambitions to be a double standard setting lawyer.

sorry if that wasn't gramatically correct, I didn't get to go to Princeton...

-vq

how's the blizzard conditions? wish you had a Pathfinder maybe?

Old 02-17-2003, 07:54 AM

maybe the benz driver was mad you were trying to play with him. and didnt wanna waste gas on you. no offense, just putting myself in the mindset of the benz driver. thats like you going 1/2 throtle on a riced out civic just to get him off your tail, you werent racing, just annoyed.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:09 AM
vqman

Originally posted by slickrick
maybe the benz driver was mad you were trying to play with him. and didnt wanna waste gas on you. no offense, just putting myself in the mindset of the benz driver. thats like you going 1/2 throtle on a riced out civic just to get him off your tail, you werent racing, just annoyed.
the 1/4 mile times are the same...and so are the 0-60 times....look at the link i posted on the second post....

he was trying...or he wouldn't have taken his car up to 80mph in a 45 mph...it's a nicer part of Kansas City where we had this encounter, and there are alot of cocky "Young04" types running around...

look at the link I posted...he was trying...he was pi$$ed because he didn't leave my plastic laiden Maxima in the dust.

-vq

Old 02-17-2003, 08:13 AM

the 1/4 mile times are the same...and so are the 0-60 times....look at the link i posted on the second post....

he was trying...or he wouldn't have taken his car up to 80mph in a 45 mph...it's a nicer part of Kansas City where we had this encounter, and there are alot of cocky "Young04" types running around...

look at the link I posted...he was trying...he was pi$$ed because he didn't leave my plastic laiden Maxima in the dust.

-vq
thats all good. but just remember 1/4 and 0-60 mean basically nothing on the street. those benz v8's are beats. dont get me wrong, i love my max. but i wouldnt touch a clk430 or e500 or s500.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:35 AM
vqman

Originally posted by slickrick

thats all good. but just remember 1/4 and 0-60 mean basically nothing on the street. those benz v8's are beats. dont get me wrong, i love my max. but i wouldnt touch a clk430 or e500 or s500.
i did...and I won.

I've got into it with an S430 in traffic once...he couldn't touch me either...I thought the S500 would stand a better chance...but know...

oh, and about the S500 being a beast on the streets...obviously it's not.

an E500 is lighter than an S500, and the E500 would take me.
a clk430 would take me as well...and any AMG Mercedes.

but the S500 and E430 are both drivers races against a 6-speed in a straight line...

sure, they aren't worth comparing at any other level, but acceleration is one area that they can be compared. and it's awful close.
vq

I wish that people wouldn't call them "merc's" It sounds to much like a Mercury...."Benz" is more appropriate if you want an abbriation.

-vq

Old 02-17-2003, 09:27 AM

Then you start using words like "textualist" come on now
firstly, don't flaunt your ignorance.

secondly, your harvard story...do i have it correct that you went to harvard ONCE?? sounds strangely familiar....

how far are you going to go with using big words to look smart?
just one of those things man...if you need to ask, you wouldn't understand.
just because you would strain to incorporate educated vocabulary into your speech doesn't mean that others have to.

p.s. no one is trying to put you down. it's all in your mind. you started being personal first, you were first with your life story, you were first with your proclamations of how technically inclined you are, and you were first to whine about it. i was merely responding to you, and pointing out the inconsistencies in your assertion. sorry if you think you won a race you actually didn't, and sorry if you feel small. come on man, you were an aviations specialist in the military. you're a big man! you should be able to hold your own against some spoiled 22 year old without resorting to how much you make per year (wife included), and making fun of me for using words you've never heard of...shouldn't you?
Old 02-17-2003, 09:46 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Where do you find these races in KC? You're bonestock and you get races all the time. I'm modified and no one wants to play. You are a more aggressive street driver and maybe that's why they "find you" I drive like a grandma on the street.

BTW, I'd take the Benz over a Maxima any day. Big, strong, solid, RWD, V8, IRS, German, etc. Is it worth $50K over the Maxima? In my eyes, YES. However I'd much rather have a new 7-series BMW with some Dinan intake/exhaust work and rolling on some sweet Breyton 19s or the C32 AMG rolling on 19s

Dave
Old 02-17-2003, 09:47 AM

i did...and I won.

oh, and about the S500 being a beast on the streets...obviously it's not.

-vq
you're right vq, i take it alllll back. i had my doubts about this race, but after seeing your quarter mile time of 15 seconds in a 6spd, i must conclude that you are one hell of a driver.

even so, i hate to magazine race, but you yourself said that the S500 runs the 1320 in 14.7. did the vaunted telecomm industry revamp the number system without telling me? even on your best day, you couldn't keep up with a 14.7 second car.

hell, i ran a better quarter mile time than you did in my 2k2 auto.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:59 AM
It's chrome alright...

I can hold my own...the 'plural' me...
does anyone know what this means? "plural me"?

someone please lock this thread... it's getting bloody!
Old 02-17-2003, 10:05 AM

someone please lock this thread... it's getting bloody!
alright alright, i'll back off. i'm just having fun here.

VQ - sorry if i offended you in anyway. i meant no harm. i hope that you didn't get too worked up over this.

take care.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Banned

so let me get this straight.. you are looking for propz because you beat a car that weighs over 1000pds more than yours, is not made for racing, is bigger than your car, yea, ok, good kill

the s500 isn't bought for it's speed, theres a reason why a benz cost more than nissan... even if you had beaten an s55, it still doesn't mean much... because the guy still has an s55
Old 02-17-2003, 10:21 AM
vqman

firstly, don't flaunt your ignorance.
not flaunting my ignorance...just think you are using big words for the sake of using them....trying to sound smarter than you are. no, never heard anyone use the word "textualist" in a sentance before...but it's not like I didn't know what it meant....

But who uses words like that on a regular basis? 2-3% of the population? MAYBE?! I doubt you use that terminology in everyday conversation. Just when you feel like trying to talk over someone's head. (you didn't) You haven't lost me with any of your big Harvard words...just your vague writing style.

just one of those things man...if you need to ask, you wouldn't understand.
well, i hear prozac does wonders...try that instead of using big words that only 3% of the population uses on a regular basis...

just because you would strain to incorporate educated vocabulary into your speech doesn't mean that others have to.
again, prozac works wonders...if you don't feel good about yourself you should try some. I'm sure your daddy can by you some if you don't want the embarrassment of having it on your medical record.

p.s. no one is trying to put you down. it's all in your mind.
telling someone they are a bad reader isn't putting someone down?

you're dumber than I thought....really

does this sound familiar?

you're a really bad or careless reader
what about this?
id est you're definitely a bad reader

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

secondly, your harvard story...do i have it correct that you went to harvard ONCE?? sounds strangely familiar....
my Harvard story...well, I've been to the campus of SDSU, UNCW, KU, KSU, Emporia State, UNC, ECU, Harvard....to name a few (being in the military gave me lots of travel oppurtunity)

Harvard has nicer buildings that the rest, but I didn't notice anything special about the cars there...and I'm always scoping out cars..

you started being personal first,
DADDY! HE STARTED IT!!!

uhh...you told me I was a bad reader. several times...that's when this began...

look at your own post...dipsh!t
Anyone who speaks for a living will eat you (not 'you' VQMAN, but the plural 'you') alive.
what's the "plural 'you'"?

Young04...just having fun? is that how you have fun? making fun of lesser educated people? Get a life...don't you have some homework to be doing?

I come from a poor background and worked my way up to being able to afford a 2000 square foot house, and to $30,000+ cars...

You had your life handed to you on a silver platter...and I still have the faster car...hehe

yeah, take care....a$$hole.

-vq

Old 02-17-2003, 10:21 AM

Originally posted by lsondubz
so let me get this straight.. you are looking for propz because you beat a car that weighs over 1000pds more than yours, is not made for racing, is bigger than your car, yea, ok, good kill

the s500 isn't bought for it's speed, theres a reason why a benz cost more than nissan... even if you had beaten an s55, it still doesn't mean much... because the guy still has an s55
yeah, but there is no way that a max would beat an S55...especially the new supercharged ones - 493hp and 516 ft/lbs, or something like that. 0-60 in the mid fours, and quarter mile in the high 12's. all while coddled in the luxury of an S-class. can you say dream car
Old 02-17-2003, 10:28 AM
vqman

Originally posted by lsondubz

not asking for props for because I beat a car that weighs 1000lbs more than me, but because it costs $54,000 more than my Maxima.

but thanks for staying on subject, and not dragging my better than average (but not up to par with an ivy leaguer's) grammar into the conversation..

oh, and young04...your last post...yeah, no way in hell could a Maxima take any of the AMG Benz's

-vq

Old 02-17-2003, 10:33 AM
Banned

Old 02-17-2003, 10:45 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BUMP

yeah, take care....a$$hole.

[/B]
see you around dude! best of luck with the job and family. hey, if you're ever on the east coast again, don't forget to drop a line so that we can meet up!
Old 02-17-2003, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by VQPowerSE
hehe shows over man. he called me an a$$hole, so i told him to call me next time he's in town.

nothing to watch anymore

Quick Reply: Smoked an S500....sorta