5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Pulled over...AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 11:01 PM

Pulled over...AGAIN

So I drop my friend off at his house at about 11:00pm and my car is supposed to be home at 11 also, but I live less than a mile away. I pull out of his driveway and give it about 50% throttle just enough to hear the throat of my injen to about 25mph in a 35mph area, and in the open lot next to me I get a f**kin spotlight in the eyes! I act on impulse and take a right into a neighborhood, go til a stop sign, turn left, go straight, turn left, and almost at the end of my evading circle the cop catches up to me. I was doing about 27 in the 25 to make it look like I was minding my own business.

Right as I turn onto the major street near my house, my phone rings and its my dad, and i'm like 'F**k dad there is a cop behind me and he's gonna pull me ov...(cop lights turn on)...er. I pull over just as my dad is driving up. The cop gets out and says to me 'license please.' I'm like, nice just a warning. I tell the officer that my dad is right there and I told him I was getting pulled over. He looks down at me and says 'son, I'm not worried about dealing with him, I'm dealing with you.'

My dad stops and rolls down his window and says my name and the officer says 'sir keep going.' My dad says, its ok officer this is my son. Again the officer repeats 'sir keep going.' My dad asked if he could pull behind the cop cars and once again the officer repeats 'sir keep going.' At that point I knew I was going to get a ticket.

The officer asks me what I was doing and I told him I was going home and he said, what was with the detour, and I told him that I was scared and I didn't know what to do. The officer then told me that I should have just kept going on my way because he was GOING to give me a warning but that he did not like the little follow the leader. He goes to the back of the car and starts talking to the other officer who had joined us. He then comes up to the car and asks me to get out. Thinking this was a field sobriety test I got out of the car as perfectly as I could have done and he asks me to come to the back of my car.

He tells me to stand at an angle to the back and asks me to read my license plate. I repeat, sir I cannot read it. And he says 'uh DUH, we can't either from that angle. These covers aren't illegal until they cover your license plate, then they are illegal.' I say to him that I have a screw driver in my car and that I will gladly remove it, break it, and we can both take it to throw it out, or that he can take it from me, to which he responds 'i don't want it.' He then asks me whose car this is, and I say it is my dad's and he asks me how old I am and I say 16 and he thought I was trying to lie to him. He then asks me whether I know what happens to a 16 year old with a ticket, and I say no, even though I do since I have gotten 2.

He asks me to call back my dad and I do and he lectures my dad and I on why license plate covers are no good, and tells me that if a cop ever pulls out behind me to drive normally and not get scared and turn since that is obvious. In the end he let me off with a warning. I was scared sh!tless though!

I have the worst luck with the law.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:20 PM

Dood, that sucks! Good thing you only got off with a warning.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Zack wtf is with u and the cops? U know better then to put up the license plate cover, even I knew cops pull u over 4 that. Why do u think I dont have 1? Dont get me wrong im not trying to blame u here but the way u "evaded" (or tried to) from the cop is just wrong man. If ur flooring it (yes I know u were at 50% throttle, I didnt 4get) should not matter until u pass the speed limit. Until that point he has no reason to pull u over. This time the reason was obviously ur plate over, he probably wouldnt have followed u if he didnt see u take off so fast makin the turns, in a way it kinda provoked him. If a cop rides on ur @$$ just go the speed limit and bust out with cruise control and let him follow as long as he want, ive done that dozens of times. After about 5 min he'll just pull next to u, give u a dirty look (which usually stand 4 smartass ) just smile back (which usually stand 4 FU!) and that the end of that. keep out of trouble man, and hit me up whenever u guys decide on a meet again, been kinda busy lately.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:56 PM

Yeah man, I know, but I was scared sh!tless. I hadn't been doing anything and he f**kin blinded me with his spotlight. What in the hell kind of bulbs are those, they are the brightest damn things ever!!!
Old 02-22-2003, 11:59 PM

Yeah, by the way, he said that the reason why he even looked at the road in the first place was because he could 'hear' me accelerating. Injen CAI's fault.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:00 AM

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050
Yeah man, I know, but I was scared sh!tless. I hadn't been doing anything and he f**kin blinded me with his spotlight. What in the hell kind of bulbs are those, they are the brightest damn things ever!!!
you think you got it bad!...i got pulled over by a ****in tahoe police suv....WTF!!!
Old 02-23-2003, 12:16 AM

I told you Least you got to keep your license.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:19 AM

Haha yeah. I'm in a lose-lose situation with officers of the law. I speed, i get a ticket, I give a car a love tap, i get a ticket, my blowtenzas make a screech I get a warning, my intake makes a growl, i get a warning. Maybe I should just take out the floorboars and start flinstoning my a$$ around town!
Old 02-23-2003, 12:24 AM

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050
Haha yeah. I'm in a lose-lose situation with officers of the law. I speed, i get a ticket, I give a car a love tap, i get a ticket, my blowtenzas make a screech I get a warning, my intake makes a growl, i get a warning. Maybe I should just take out the floorboars and start flinstoning my a$$ around town!
You'd end up getting tickets for going too slow then.....and Hitman, check the regional forum.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:37 AM

Originally posted by Y2KSESteve

You'd end up getting tickets for going too slow then.....and Hitman, check the regional forum.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:59 AM

Originally posted by rob van dam

you think you got it bad!...i got pulled over by a ****in tahoe police suv....WTF!!!
yeah i see those on the turnpike.
Old 02-23-2003, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by rob van dam

cops should not get full-size SUVs
Old 02-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Wow cops love us teenagers. I got pulled over for speeding up too fast b/c a car switched lanes as I pulled on to a major street and started riding me hardcore, so thinking it was a drunk i accelerated and it was a cop riding me. He then asked me if this was my car and I said yes and so he gives me **** and starts asking me where I work and how I paid for it. Then he tells me he could arrest me for lying to him. I am like wtf? He then tells me its not my car its my dads car and that I can't lie to the police b/c they can tell. I consider it my car, I paid for most of it but its my dad for insurance reasons. Well I was thinking that he would think that I stole it, when you see a bunch of teenagers in a car late at night would probably thought we were joyriding. Well he gave me a $400 dollar reckless driving ticket for the sudden speed up, never even passed the speed limit. Well I fought it and won, because he never showed.