5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

New Here - What Color?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 07:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

New Here - What Color?

Hey guyz, I am new here and I need some help finding out the color of my 2000 Maxima SE. Just bought it last week and need to get some touch-up paint for some chips.

The car is white, but I don't know if it is the Artic White Pearl or the Icelandic Pearl. How can I tell?

Bringing the car in tomorrow to get SES light checked out. It has been on for a week or so - checked the gas cap, did everything suggested but still hasn't gone out.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Will post pics soon.

J
Old 02-27-2003, 07:31 AM
jjs

Re: New Here - What Color?

Originally posted by eyedigit
Hey guyz, I am new here and I need some help finding out the color of my 2000 Maxima SE. Just bought it last week and need to get some touch-up paint for some chips.

The car is white, but I don't know if it is the Artic White Pearl or the Icelandic Pearl. How can I tell?

Bringing the car in tomorrow to get SES light checked out. It has been on for a week or so - checked the gas cap, did everything suggested but still hasn't gone out.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Will post pics soon.

J
Look for the color code label. It will tell you there.

The SES light might be a bad 02 sensor. I had one go at about 31K miles. No noticeable driving quality changes and I did not let it go long enough to see if it hurt mileage or anything else.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:20 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: New Here - What Color?

Originally posted by jjs

The SES light might be a bad 02 sensor. I had one go at about 31K miles. No noticeable driving quality changes and I did not let it go long enough to see if it hurt mileage or anything else.
JJS

Thanks for the info but just where is the color code label. I looked on the doors, and the only unusual label there was grren (I think) on the drivers door with some numbers on it. Is this it?

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a bad O2 sensor as well for my problem. I have heard goo dthings about the dealer I am getting it fixed out so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

J
Old 02-27-2003, 08:26 AM
jjs

Re: Re: Re: New Here - What Color?

Originally posted by eyedigit

JJS

Thanks for the info but just where is the color code label. I looked on the doors, and the only unusual label there was grren (I think) on the drivers door with some numbers on it. Is this it?

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a bad O2 sensor as well for my problem. I have heard goo dthings about the dealer I am getting it fixed out so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

J
I could be wrong, but I think it might be on the door jam between the driver's side doors.

If you are going to the dealer anyway, they should surely be able to tell you.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Color?

Originally posted by jjs

I could be wrong, but I think it might be on the door jam between the driver's side doors.

If you are going to the dealer anyway, they should surely be able to tell you.

Center console compartment under lid ...
Old 02-27-2003, 08:34 AM
jjs

Re: Color?

Originally posted by optimus1

Center console compartment under lid ...
Don't be so quick with the bubba.

That is the tire info placard.

And I just went to my car...guess it is not the door jam label...that has manufacturing data and weights.

Time to try under the hood.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:28 AM
Zog

Re: Re: New Here - What Color?

Originally posted by jjs

Hey are you alright jjs ? There was nary (sp?) a search reference or slamming comment anywhere in your reply.

J/K

I thought it was in the door jamb also.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:33 AM
jjs

Re: Re: Re: New Here - What Color?

Originally posted by zoggfatha

Hey are you alright jjs ? There was nary (sp?) a search reference or slamming comment anywhere in your reply.

J/K

I thought it was in the door jamb also.
Someone noticed!!!! Woooo-hoooo!!! I know, I know...out of character.