5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

when

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

when

should i buy a 03, i was planning on waiting til mid-late august, so i can have enough saved up to get good payments

but will they still have a slightly large amount of them in that timeframe?

looking for a SE 6speed fairly loaded... everything cept navigation

btw, ill be going from a 4banger chevy s10 to a 255hp maxima, i think ill be happy
Old 03-05-2003, 01:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

no there will be none left.

if i was u i would get it end of this month or early next month. i just got mine and i payed invoice i think i payed like couple hundred under invoice. i payed 26600 for a GLE fully loaded except nav.

take care
Old 03-05-2003, 05:33 AM

Re: when

Originally posted by bspainter
should i buy a 03, i was planning on waiting til mid-late august,
6 spds will be gone by then. Start looking @ 2004s.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:41 AM

2004's are out this month. The car you are looking for is probably very difficult to find by now....
Old 03-05-2003, 06:17 AM

Originally posted by badabing
2004's are out this month. The car you are looking for is probably very difficult to find by now....
Yep. But why the hell is the resale value so bad? I don't get this market. People are begging to get 6SP Maximas but when you trade a Max in you get nothing for it!

Even when I was looking for a 1999 maxima, it was a PITA to find a 5 speed. I ended up getting a 2k3 instead and I'm REEAAAALLLLL happy I did

As others have said, act quickly...there will be none left at that time (new that is).
Old 03-05-2003, 06:24 AM

One reason resale is so bad is the used car market. Who wants to buy a used car when you can get 0%-2.9% financing for a new car. Plus many cars are selling for around invoice. Used car rates are 5-6%. If the dealer can't sell the used cars on its lot why would they want to give you a lot of money for your trade-in....
Old 03-05-2003, 06:50 AM

Originally posted by maximaman14
One reason resale is so bad is the used car market. Who wants to buy a used car when you can get 0%-2.9% financing for a new car. Plus many cars are selling for around invoice. Used car rates are 5-6%. If the dealer can't sell the used cars on its lot why would they want to give you a lot of money for your trade-in....
True...I was thinking it would go with the supply and demand. If many people want a 6SP and there are not many available I figure that would drive up the price. Guess not.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:06 AM
jjs

Originally posted by spta97

True...I was thinking it would go with the supply and demand. If many people want a 6SP and there are not many available I figure that would drive up the price. Guess not.
Actually, they just go auto. Thing is, a 6 speed is not a necessity. Not everyone wants one or can drive one. However, everyone can drive an auto. There are not enough 'enthusiasts' to really impel the market to act in one way or another, at least not for a family car like a Max.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:16 AM
jjs

Actually, they just go auto. Thing is, a 6 speed is not a necessity. Not everyone wants one or can drive one. However, everyone can drive an auto. There are not enough 'enthusiasts' to really impel the market to act in one way or another, at least not for a family car like a Max.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:45 AM

Originally posted by jjs

Perhaps it would be different in a private sale. I know I would not have bought this car in an auto.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:47 AM
jjs

Perhaps it would be different in a private sale. I know I would not have bought this car in an auto.
Got me. I agree though...when I was shopping for a second vehicle, tha main deciding factor was the manual. At the time, the Max was the only sedan with one I liked (and didn't feel like dropping $32K+ on).
Old 03-05-2003, 12:08 PM

Originally posted by jjs

yeah. besides the people on the org, for the most part people dont mod their maxes because they are either old or just wanted a nice 4 door car that is quick. many people do not want 6 speeds.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i thought like most other cars they wouldnt be out til like october

i HAVE to wait til august to buy a car, from what i've seen of the 2004 i dont like it near as much as the 03, it may grow on my from now til then however

i had my heart set on a 2003 SE with a 6 speed
Old 03-05-2003, 04:54 PM

good luck finding a six speed in august...better start now
Old 03-05-2003, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by max...to the ma
good luck finding a six speed in august...better start now
Yeah you can say that again. The '04 Maxima goes on sale officially today (only one problem -almost no dealers have any to show you, not even one). You may strike a better deal next year if you want a used 6 sp. Quick question relating to this topic: Why do most '02/03 owners skipped on the nav system? Is it mainly due to cost?
Old 03-05-2003, 09:19 PM
jjs

Originally posted by NyMaxedOut

Yeah you can say that again. The '04 Maxima goes on sale officially today (only one problem -almost no dealers have any to show you, not even one). You may strike a better deal next year if you want a used 6 sp. Quick question relating to this topic: Why do most '02/03 owners skipped on the nav system? Is it mainly due to cost?
From what I have read it is a combination of the cost and the fact that (if I am not mistaken) it is CD based and you need to keep loading CD's for other areas. That combined with the fact that many owners hate the Bose system so they swap out the stereo for an aftermarket one and often get an aftermarket Navi system as well.

Any comments from those who have done this???
Old 03-06-2003, 06:46 AM
Banned

Originally posted by NyMaxedOut

In my case, it was a combination of factors. #1, I didn't want to pay at least another grand for it (MSRP on it is $1999, but they probably end up selling them for cheaper). #2, The CD changer would have a magazine that you would need to load in the trunk, but I much prefer in-dash loading. #3, I really don't need directions like that, I'm pretty good at remembering roads, and finding my way around, so the only reason why I WOULD get one is for the "bling bling" look, but I ain't paying a G for it though! #4, I had a hard time finding a loaded 6 sp as is, and I didn't see ANY that also had the Navi (although I did see the autos with Navi).

And to the guy looking for an 03 6 sp in August, Nissan has finished production of 03s, so you'd have a HELL of a time finding one right now, and in August I imagine you won't find any (new ones that is).