5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Really bad day for DAVEB-Again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 05:11 PM

Really bad day for DAVEB-Again!

Hello all-
Don't know why, but this afternoon Maxwell Town North Nissan decided it was no longer in need of my services. Apparently the new General Manager isn't interested in the Wholesale/Internet parts business. My immediate boss was just as suprised as I was, I guess taking care of your customers is getting less and less important at car dealers. For any of you that have pending orders, I apologize- If anyone needs Nissan parts, I have contacts at other dealers and can probably still help- Feel free to e-mail or PM me. If I end up at another Nissan dealer, I plan to pick up where I left off, but for now I can't recommend Maxwell Town North Nissan.
Regards,
David Burnette
Old 03-06-2003, 05:16 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Re: Really bad day for DAVEB-Again!

Originally posted by DAVEB
Hello all-
Don't know why, but this afternoon Maxwell Town North Nissan decided it was no longer in need of my services. Apparently the new General Manager isn't interested in the Wholesale/Internet parts business. My immediate boss was just as suprised as I was, I guess taking care of your customers is getting less and less important at car dealers. For any of you that have pending orders, I apologize- If anyone needs Nissan parts, I have contacts at other dealers and can probably still help- Feel free to e-mail or PM me. If I end up at another Nissan dealer, I plan to pick up where I left off, but for now I can't recommend Maxwell Town North Nissan.
Regards,
David Burnette
WTF>>>SONS OF *****ES!!!!

Man anything I can do for you email me or contact me. Period. I understand customer service as I work in teh software business....Maybe you could set up shop in one of these god forsaken shops up here and turn their acts around!
Old 03-06-2003, 05:16 PM

Hello all-
Regards,
David Burnette
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully u will find another job soon, there are plenty of dealers arund. Good Luck
Old 03-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hello all-
Regards,
David Burnette
GeeZ! WTF is up with middle management these days? Is Nissan doing that well that customer service is the last thing on their mind?
No wonder their sales were down 12% in Feb. but they made up for the shortfall in the NE region selling tons of replacement HID's. S rry to hear about that!
Old 03-06-2003, 05:30 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

sorry dave
Old 03-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Holy crap. Sorry Dave. That really sucks.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:48 PM

it's hard enough to find someone who's knowledgeable in our cars and all the different things we try to cram into them. even tougher to find someone kind enough to discuss, research, and even recruit parts from all over.

sorry to hear that dave.
that just ain't kosher
Old 03-06-2003, 06:19 PM

After you find a new job mail them a total of all the business they lost in your first month away. Good luck.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

Maaaaannn....sorry dude! I'm sure you'll get picked up soon and get something else going. Best of luck to you.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:26 PM

those bastards! they just dont realize how much you've brought for them. They will soon realize how much they will lose. I am really sorry to hear about this and I am sure that a guy like you will find a better position in other dealer very soon, just like the last time. You have the knowledge and the connection.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Sorry Dave. No wonder you didn't answer when I tried calling today.

Good luck and I hope you pick up where you left off with another Nissan dealer.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:46 PM

Thanks for the support, guys. It really means a lot to me. I'm just kinda still in shock- I throw myself into my job, so it's hard to comprehend such a sudden thing!
Old 03-06-2003, 07:03 PM

DaveB,

That's real bad news. It's their loss and ours. If there is anyone/group we can write to or send a message please do not hesitate to ask. If you wish us to flood Maxwell with we'll take our business elsewhere letters, just say the word.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that you're a great resource that makes a gargantuan difference amongst a body of people (the org) that share a common pastime of modding, maintaining and repairing our cars.

I hope from this, a better opportunity will present itself and soon.

when one door is closed, many more will open - Bob Marley
SHIFT_don't_feel_like_it_right_now (woosh)
Old 03-06-2003, 07:16 PM

Damn this freakin sucks....I was actually thinkin of u today Dave and was going to give ya a call tomorrow to see whats new...Dealing with you over the past couple of YEARS has been incredible...You are more then the "Parts guy" you became a friend where I could just talk to...If ya want to come to Mazda let me know and I see if I can make some calls and get you something out there close to you...PM me if anything or call me, number's in the sig.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:32 PM

sorry to hear that Dave.
I talked to you on the phone several times, you are really good at what you are doing. its their lost
Old 03-06-2003, 07:33 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Who's name goes on the bullet Dave It'll be our little secret...

Seriously though...that really blows mud man. Find a new place quick (want to come to Georgia?) We have real ****ty service here. Could use someone with your skills.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:50 PM

Dave that sucks man.
I hope you pick up where you left off man.

Just drive your car in through the dealer...
Old 03-06-2003, 08:04 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

ugh, what is it about GM's at dealerships.. They are a special breed of know-it-all. And I do mean *special*. You know, after the car business spits them out, it's actually humorous to see them try to interact in a different kind of business. You see alot of them go into restaurant management, about the only other place where treating people like ****/expendable is acceptable. It's unfortunate that many dealerships are like this. :/

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I will certainly be one of the countless customers who will follow you wherever you go. I just hope you go with a Nissan dealer, 'cause I dont need alot of oven mitts or propane and propane accessories but hey, I'd probably order something from you anyway. You could sell refridgerators to eskimos, I'm sure you'll find something better.

Hey, at least you email address will follow you Like the countless others you've gone the extra mile for, dont hestitate to give me a shout if I can assist in any way.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:08 PM

Jeez...

To echo the thoughts of others here, I can't believe they would axe anyone with your skills, knowledge, and demeanor. That is one retarded move on their part...

I say we flood them with phone calls of the like:

US "Hello? Is dave there?"
THEM: "Dave no longer works here. Can I help you?"
US. "Nope." [click]

ARFF!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 08:11 PM

Sorry to hear about this Dave Your great at what you do though so finding a better job should not be a problem.

You can disregard my email today, unless you still have the part numbers handy
Old 03-06-2003, 08:23 PM

Re: Jeez...

Originally posted by saxdogg
To echo the thoughts of others here, I can't believe they would axe anyone with your skills, knowledge, and demeanor. That is one retarded move on their part...

I say we flood them with phone calls of the like:

US "Hello? Is dave there?"
THEM: "Dave no longer works here. Can I help you?"
US. "Nope." [click]

ARFF!!!
US: "Hello? Is Dave, the Maxima GURU there? I have a HUGE order I want to put through."
THEM: "Dave is unavailable, is there anything I can do for you?"
US: "Yes, can I have the part numbers and prices for an AE Valve Cover, a 350z dead pedal, AE pedals, a MEVI........(10 minutes later)... and a 5th gen VQ30DE engine?"
THEM: "I am sorry, but that order seems rather large for one person, who is this again?"
US: "Maxima.org...I am sorry, did you say Dave is unavailable or no longer working there?"
THEM: "Dave is actually no longer working here."
US: "Thank you, goodbye!"

B

p.s. Hey Dave, Brooklyn is great in the summer time! Ask anyone in the NE forum how many Max's there are in NYC!
Old 03-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Hello all-
Regards,
David Burnette
They don't know who the hell they just lost. I can't friggen believe it. Actually, I can, it's Nissan. Why would they want GOOD employees who actually improve their 2nd to LAST rating on Consumer Satisfaction Surveys next to last place Mitsubishi. Dave is the ONLY reason I still have a fricken Nissan! If it wasn't for his knowledge, putting up with my crazy mod ideas, and help(read discounts ), I would have given up on my Max a long long time ago. What a bunch of stupid dumb retarded azzholes. Alright, I'm done venting.

Dave, I don't know who the heck I'm going to call and talk to once every other week with a parts question or part order. I'm so screeeeeewed! My Sentra is going to the big graveyard in the heaven, because there is no way I can pay MSRP on life support.

Dave, who do we write a letter addressing and what's the email address? I figure if these SOBs don't know who they are losing, I might as well tell them. Along with some of the LOYAL members here that I'll encourage to put together a small PERSONAL letter or email on how YOU saved the day or totally helped out on a project.

Who's with me here?
Old 03-06-2003, 08:33 PM
VQ Wizard

Im really sorry to hear about that Dave. We're all confident you'll find another good job real soon.

As for the shortsighted moron, I think we should allow him to notice the stupidity of his ways.

Get us an email address
Old 03-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Dave, please give us the GM's name and e-mail address or business address.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:47 PM

This man was probably the greatest asset to the Nissan Community. I have not heard one negative thing about him ever, and he really cares about the customer. This one time I needed a key code (I could not find mine) and he went way beyond the call of duty to try to find out. He looked up my where my car was originally sold at and called them up seeing if they had a code. Tell me someone else in a Nissan Department that would do that. I am sure that what I say is what most people on this forum will say, is that Dave is what helped keep us sticking with Nissan all this time, and became a friend to us all. Hope the future looks brighter for you Dave, and I pray that you will stick with Nissan even though they gave u the shaft. We’re gonna be lost little lambs for awhile.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:50 PM

Originally posted by asu174
Dave, please give us the GM's name and e-mail address or business address.
As soon as he does that bish is going:

Old 03-06-2003, 09:04 PM

You guys are great- I can't belive the support- I guess it will be time to pound the pavement tomorrow! Some of you have PM
Old 03-06-2003, 09:16 PM

that sux man. they wont know what they are missing until they lose revenue.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Really bad day for DAVEB-Again!

Originally posted by IceY2K1

They don't know who the hell they just lost. I can't friggen believe it. Actually, I can, it's Nissan. Why would they want GOOD employees who actually improve their 2nd to LAST rating on Consumer Satisfaction Surveys next to last place Mitsubishi. Dave is the ONLY reason I still have a fricken Nissan! If it wasn't for his knowledge, putting up with my crazy mod ideas, and help(read discounts ), I would have given up on my Max a long long time ago. What a bunch of stupid dumb retarded azzholes. Alright, I'm done venting.

Dave, I don't know who the heck I'm going to call and talk to once every other week with a parts question or part order. I'm so screeeeeewed! My Sentra is going to the big graveyard in the heaven, because there is no way I can pay MSRP on life support.

Dave, who do we write a letter addressing and what's the email address? I figure if these SOBs don't know who they are losing, I might as well tell them. Along with some of the LOYAL members here that I'll encourage to put together a small PERSONAL letter or email on how YOU saved the day or totally helped out on a project.

Who's with me here?
I'm with you. I had not had the opportunity to call Dave yet. But have only heard awesome things. I'll write in the past tense how I figured my future experience would have been.

Good Luck Dave.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:26 PM

Re: Re: Re: Really bad day for DAVEB-Again!

Originally posted by Hobert

I'm with you. I had not had the opportunity to call Dave yet. But have only heard awesome things. I'll write in the past tense how I figured my future experience would have been.

Good Luck Dave.
EVERYONE send it HERE:

Kevin Worfe, General Manager
Maxwell Town North Nissan
9150 Research Blvd
Austin, TX 78758

Email: kworfe@maxwellauto.com

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2003, 09:35 PM
VQ Wizard

My email has been sent.

Everyone please remember to handle your emails to this guy in a professional, intelligent and articulate manner. He certainly won't care about a bunch of punk kids that curse him out.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by SR20DEN
My email has been sent.

Everyone please remember to handle your emails to this guy in a professional, intelligent and articulate manner. He certainly won't care about a bunch of punk kids that curse him out.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:59 PM

whoa now.. Dave has to have a good reference. I suggest we not put that email here just yet. I'm not sure everyone can be articulate and professional. This is Dave's livelihood here, lets be careful not to burn his bridges for him. Unless of course he'd like to see us show our support. now that would be a different story.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by TimW
whoa now.. Dave has to have a good reference. I suggest we not put that email here just yet. I'm not sure everyone can be articulate and professional. This is Dave's livelihood here, lets be careful not to burn his bridges for him. Unless of course he'd like to see us show our support. now that would be a different story.
good point.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:10 PM

Originally posted by TimW

Send a PROFESSIONAL email or better something more difficult for him to just press "Delete" and MAIL an actual letter.

I've currently dug out several hundred dollars worth of receipts that I intend to copy and mail along with a couple "short" examples of what an AWESOME Parts Guy Dave really is/was.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:18 PM
The Definitive AE Master

whoops, I emailed him already but with a professional heading and address.... so i hope thats okay

sorry to hear dave.. but at least your wanted here on maxima.org
Old 03-06-2003, 10:38 PM

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Send a PROFESSIONAL email or better something more difficult for him to just press "Delete" and MAIL an actual letter.

I've currently dug out several hundred dollars worth of receipts that I intend to copy and mail along with a couple "short" examples of what an AWESOME Parts Guy Dave really is/was.
I couldnt agree more, but again, we dont know the whole story. He could still have things to negotiate. I wouldnt want to sour that for him. If he says he doesnt mind if we contact them, you bet I would I would write. Anyone who cant wait and just has to send something, just keep that in mind.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:53 PM

I just sent my letter. Let us know where you end up Dave....
Old 03-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I just finished sending an email to Mr. Wolfe. I kept it professional, only pointing out the great customer service and knowledge that are characteristic of Dave and how he will be sorely missed. Nothing I wrote could hurt any negotiations.

I agree that we don't know the whole story, but after all of the Org's positive personal experiences with Dave, I do not believe that he did anything to deserve being let go. I guess all we do is hope for the best.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:55 PM

Here is my email to the dealer:

Mr. Kevin Worfe,

I write you today cause I found out that a valuable acquaintance of mine, Dave Burnette, was let go from his position there at Town North...

Mind you I understand there are tough decisions made everyday but I would consider this one a disgrace to the sense of your finest representative in the customer service aspect of the region, the dealership, the brand and the industry.

In times where despite what you may believe about customer satisfaction and the general attitude towards dealerships and the lack luster enthusiasm in which the employees do their jobs, there are fewer and fewer individuals willing to work hard to help out the customers. Dave was the type to listen to what the customer needed and respond kindly and promptly when asked. No excuses, no abrupt answers just to put off the real need. He was obviously a giving and understanding Nissan enthusiast and has made many friends across the nation and beyond with his involvelent in the Maxima.ORG membership.

I bought my Maxima there many years ago and despite my love for the car, the town of Austin and the enjoyment of driving fine cars...I am ashamed of the poor representation displayed by terminating an obviously succesful Wholesale/Internet Parts division.

I can no longer recommend the dealership for any reason as you have lost your best bet for continued success.

Sorry to hear Dave, Best of luck to you.

Quick Reply: Really bad day for DAVEB-Again!