5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Those darn sales reps.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2001, 03:33 PM
Sdogg'sMAX

For those of you who don't know, I bought a AE Max last saturday. Dealer said it would be in by monday so I didn't worry. Well its friday =( Still no car. We called them and they said it could come any time now. When asked what was the latest possible time to expect it, they said they didn't know. They say its going through some import modifications(something to due with preping the car after it being shipped from Japan) and it could take a day, it could take a month, it could take several months. They said not to worry because they had a VID number. Vehicle Identification Number. My dad says not to worry and that as long as they have that number, the car will show up sooner or later. What should I do guys? Some dealers really **** me off.

Old 01-12-2001, 04:58 PM

Thats lame. I don't know much about this since I bought my car while it was in stock. "going through some import modifications" sounds like either 'we don't know where the car is' or 'its going to be much later than we told you' either way I would push for a concrete date. If they stick to their story ask for a description of the "important modifications" if that doesn't work, go up the manager food chain.
Old 01-12-2001, 06:01 PM
maxima2000

i think you only wait for a week or less...(not sure) cuz the dealer has the vin#, that's mean the car is shipping toward to US. They already got the incoming invoice.
don't worry...just wait...but make sure u MUST see the car before u sign anything from the dealer!!
cuz i paid [fully loaded] price, and i get a non-leather seat!! they said they make a mistake...BS...(got i didn't sign that document first)

be careful!

Old 01-12-2001, 06:34 PM
Sdogg'sMAX

We already signed!!!

We signed last saturday. I'm not too worried about the options though. These AEs ususally fully loaded and nothing less. What I am worried about is how long it'll actually take. I've waited a week. I don't want to have to wait another.