5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

HID Anti-Theft bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 10:18 AM

HID Anti-Theft bolts?

Another MAX owener mentioned that he installed "HID Anti-Theft Bolts" on his new '03 Max. i just bought the same car and there's been quite a rash of these lights being stolen near where I live. Does anyone know where I get buy and install theses HID Anti-Theft bolts or an HID Anti-Theft kit?
Old 03-10-2003, 02:45 PM

Courtesynissan

Courtesynissan.com about $58 for the kit.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:13 PM

Re: HID Anti-Theft bolts?

Can I get them at any Nissan Dealer and what is the part number?
Old 03-10-2003, 06:12 PM

Re: Re: HID Anti-Theft bolts?

Originally posted by kriese515
Can I get them at any Nissan Dealer and what is the part number?
I recently wrote Nissan's Consumer Affairs folks regarding the theft of their Xenon HIDs... This was their response. The part number is at the end of their email....

Thank you for contacting Nissan North America, Inc. and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance.

We at Nissan are distressed to learn of the theft of your vehicle's Xenon HID headlights. It is most unfortunate whenever thieves or vandals damage someone else's property, particularly their vehicle. Nissan is proud of the engineering that has gone into producing your Maxima. However, as you are undoubtedly also aware, Nissan vehicles are not unique in being equipped with new generation Xenon HID headlight technology. Nor are Nissan vehicles the only target of thieves and vandals. However, because Nissan takes its commitment to its customers and its product quality very seriously, we have carefully investigated this situation. We have concluded that there are no defects in the materials or workmanship related to your vehicle's Xenon HID headlights and related components, and that this situation is therefore due to the criminal conduct of others.

Nonetheless, please be assured that your concern is very important to Nissan North America, Inc., and its dealerships. Accordingly, to aid the New York Police Department's efforts to curb this type of criminal conduct, we have supplied the police with a number of our Xenon HID headlights for their use in conducting sting operations. To date, the New York Police Department (NYPD) has made several arrests because of these operations. In addition, Nissan has developed an anti-theft kit which customers may purchase to help discourage theft of their Xenon HID headlights. This kit is part number 65601-6Y300.

Thank you very much for bringing your concern to our attention. If you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to email us.

Sincerely,

Asli
National Consumer Affairs