5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

got a ticket in fl.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 04:12 PM

got a ticket in fl.

i was driving in the fl keys when i accelerated to pass slower traffic who were in the left lane and then i look up and i see a fhp car. i knew right then i was nailed. sure enough i see him pull out into traffic and pull me over. my question is how do they assess how much $ each ticket is in fl. i know that going 14+ over is a certain fee but i was going 68 in a 45 (apparently). my ticket was 171, i say i was going about 63 but by saying i was going 63 would that essentially lower my ticket, if not ill just pay the fine as is. and of course go to driving school.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:25 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I don't have anything useful to add here but never speed in the keys. :/ They are ruthless.. of course 68 was just asking for it (even tho it was passing). Just be glad you didnt hit a Key Deer..

thats the most horrible part of driving down there, a hour+ at 45 in the max. Its cruel..

thankfully I didnt get at ticket when this was taken (everglades)

they dont write tickets for speeds like that
Old 03-10-2003, 04:29 PM

Originally posted by TimW
I don't have anything useful to add here but never speed in the keys. :/ They are ruthless.. of course 68 was just asking for it (even tho it was passing). Just be glad you didnt hit a Key Deer..

thats the most horrible part of driving down there, a hour+ at 45 in the max. Its cruel..

:
they dont write tickets for speeds like that :nervous
i know i know i was warned by my friends to not speed at all. i just couldnt deal with traffic because right before than it was a standstill for 20 min. and i was trying to find the mile markers cuz i was real close to my friends house. i was late for going out to short key. i dropped into 3rd gear in my auto and i wasnt watching my speed and i looked up and i saw him. i knew i was nailed that sec i saw him. i tried every trick in the book i have read here and it still didnt work. he was an *** too. i hate the fhp and now i have a legit reason why.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:42 PM

I HATE THE COPS IN MIAMI..... AND THE F.H.P IS EVEN WORSE THEY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO (THESE PEOPLE ARE THE REASON WHY SOME COPS ARE REFFERED AS PIGS) HOWEVER I MIGHT BEABLE TO HELP YOU OUT, WHEN I GOT MY TICKET LAST YEAR I TOOK IT TO SOME POEPLE CALLED TICKET BUSTERS AND FOR 70 BUCKS THEY TOOK CARE OF EVERYTHING....I HAD NOTHING GO ON MY RECORD, AND MY INS. DIDN'T GO UP. SO CALL 411 OR CHECK OUT YELLOW PAGES BUT CALL THESE GUYS THERE PRETTY GOOD
Old 03-10-2003, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by tgomaximase03
I HATE THE COPS IN MIAMI..... AND THE F.H.P IS EVEN WORSE THEY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO (THESE PEOPLE ARE THE REASON WHY SOME COPS ARE REFFERED AS PIGS) HOWEVER I MIGHT BEABLE TO HELP YOU OUT, WHEN I GOT MY TICKET LAST YEAR I TOOK IT TO SOME POEPLE CALLED TICKET BUSTERS AND FOR 70 BUCKS THEY TOOK CARE OF EVERYTHING....I HAD NOTHING GO ON MY RECORD, AND MY INS. DIDN'T GO UP. SO CALL 411 OR CHECK OUT YELLOW PAGES BUT CALL THESE GUYS THERE PRETTY GOOD
oh dont worry about it. my dads a lawyer and does this everyday. its just that he won't do a ticket out there because its a waste of time. im just gonna plead guilty go to driving school and pay a lesser fine.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:52 PM

To tgomaximase03,
Please don't write in Caps... Us org. members don't like replys in caps...

Thanks...

Also, Yes I live in MIA, and yes the FHP is a pain in the azz... I hate them,... But as far as Miami cops go, I ran into some cool azz ones... Just be real with them and they will be real with you... Never try to BS a ticket, just say you were speeding and next time you'll take it easy... Maybe he might let you go... My bros a cop and he says he lets people go all the time, as long as they don't cry and try to BS him...
Old 03-10-2003, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by 02'maxed-out
To tgomaximase03,
Please don't write in Caps... Us org. members don't like replys in caps...

Thanks...

Also, Yes I live in MIA, and yes the FHP is a pain in the azz... I hate them,... But as far as Miami cops go, I ran into some cool azz ones... Just be real with them and they will be real with you... Never try to BS a ticket, just say you were speeding and next time you'll take it easy... Maybe he might let you go... My bros a cop and he says he lets people go all the time, as long as they don't cry and try to BS him...
i tried the exact same thing and he wasnt having any of it. but he was fhp. i've also heard miami cops are cool. but i dont travel around there much to find out the hard way.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:28 PM

I've gotten pulled over for garbage with these dycks.... its not that i dislike them its just ive ran into some real jerks.... I ran into the same cop three straight days LOL thats some great luck huh.... regardless ive yet to get a ticket for speeding or something like that ive gotten my ticket fir not using caution when i crashed but who cares!! The irony of the story is that im majoring criminal justice
Old 03-10-2003, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by tgomaximase03
I've gotten pulled over for garbage with these dycks.... its not that i dislike them its just ive ran into some real jerks.... I ran into the same cop three straight days LOL thats some great luck huh.... regardless ive yet to get a ticket for speeding or something like that ive gotten my ticket fir not using caution when i crashed but who cares!! The irony of the story is that im majoring criminal justice
Old 03-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Wat

Re: got a ticket in fl.

hire a traffic lawyer to get rid of the points
Old 03-10-2003, 11:35 PM

Re: Re: got a ticket in fl.

Originally posted by E55AMG2
hire a traffic lawyer to get rid of the points
i have 1... my dad.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:08 AM

I hope he can get you out of it...
Old 03-11-2003, 01:15 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: got a ticket in fl.

Originally posted by slickrick

i have 1... my dad.
You said before he is busy and its not worth it for him so you are gonna go to driving school. Hiring soomeone else is better than going to driving school.

Thanks for starting this thread, I got pulled over twice a couple of weeks ago and got a ticket I still have to take care of. Miami police are pretty cool, they let me off about a year ago. FHP and Plantation police are the worst.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:01 AM
It's chrome alright...

Originally posted by 02'maxed-out
To tgomaximase03,
Please don't write in Caps...
and don't blame the cops because you got caught doing something illegal 3 days in a row. You say "they're pigs"... I think "you're dumb."

I love it when people do stuff wrong then blame the cops for catching them

slickrick: Just curious, what are you going to use for an excuse for fighting it?
Old 03-11-2003, 07:10 AM

Noone likes getting tickets
But if you speed be prepared to get one.
It wasn't the cops fault that you were speeding.
If you can't do the time don't do the crime.
Use protection when you speed. That's all.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:59 AM
Banned

they dont write tickets for speeds like that
I didn't find cruising along in the keys at 45 that grueling, it was kinda nice to see America in a way......of course, I did it in a Dodge Intrepid rental car, and we all know that thing doesn't go past 45!
Old 03-11-2003, 08:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

FHP was so so cool to me!

About a month ago I was doing 110 Mph and I got busted, he pulled me over and ask for my licence and registration. He asked me if I was racing that other car that got away, I told him I was late for work. I gave him my license but I couldn't find my registration. So I'm about to hand him my old one and hope he don't notice, as I am handing it to him he goes "Sir you know your bumper light are white, those are illegal and your turn signals are white also. So do me a favor change them and slow down, HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!"
He let me off! What a nice guy. All that time I was thinking "man who is going to bail me out on a sunday morning!"
Old 03-11-2003, 08:29 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: got a ticket in fl.

Originally posted by Hobert

You said before he is busy and its not worth it for him so you are gonna go to driving school. Hiring soomeone else is better than going to driving school.

Thanks for starting this thread, I got pulled over twice a couple of weeks ago and got a ticket I still have to take care of. Miami police are pretty cool, they let me off about a year ago. FHP and Plantation police are the worst.
going to traffic school is cheaper than hiring any attorney other than my dad. he would do it but that requires him going to the keys and i'd rather pay the lesser fine and go to traffic school rather than him go to court in the keys. plantation police are just dumb. at a party last year some kid peeled out on the street slammed into a car which then hit 2 more cars. and the ppd did not even give him a sobriety test.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by Rogo98SE

Use protection when you speed. That's all.
I don't think Trojan makes one big enough to fit the Max.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:05 AM

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe

and don't blame the cops because you got caught doing something illegal 3 days in a row. You say "they're pigs"... I think "you're dumb."

slickrick: Just curious, what are you going to use for an excuse for fighting it?
nothing. pay the fine and go to traffic school. i dont have time to mess around in the keys because spring is still in session. however if it wasnt spring i would def. go back because my friend knows the people there because its such a small town and could work out a deal but i just dont have time.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:07 AM
OG and counting...

a) Check out www.speedtrap.org
b) If you think Floridians have it bad with their highway patrol, you have not run into the gauntlet that is IL, IN, MI, OH and WI. Out of the 5, OH is the worst followed by MI, IN, IL, and WI. All 5 states are notorious for nailing speeders. IL and IN have unmarkeds that look like average vehicles.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by PrinzII
a) Check out www.speedtrap.org
b) If you think Floridians have it bad with their highway patrol, you have not run into the gauntlet that is IL, IN, MI, OH and WI. Out of the 5, OH is the worst followed by MI, IN, IL, and WI. All 5 states are notorious for nailing speeders. IL and IN have unmarkeds that look like average vehicles.
yeah. my dad told me ohio is the worst. we went to the football hall of fame from PA and he wouldnt go over 5 mph of the limit.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:18 AM
OG and counting...

IL from the MO border to Effingham on I-57 is just as bad. The worst part of that stretch is around Cairo. There are so many hills, curves, and off ramps that the troopers and county mounties can hide in that area. Couple that with the fact that IL also has some LS-1 powered Z28s and some Mustang GTs in the fleet with dual firing radar and the outcome ain't always pretty.

Also, IL is notorious for doing the Wolfpacks during the summer months.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by PrinzII
IL from the MO border to Effingham on I-57 is just as bad. The worst part of that stretch is around Cairo. There are so many hills, curves, and off ramps that the troopers and county mounties can hide in that area. Couple that with the fact that IL also has some LS-1 powered Z28s and some Mustang GTs in the fleet with dual firing radar and the outcome ain't always pretty.

Also, IL is notorious for doing the Wolfpacks during the summer months.
Please be advised of the following in IL:

- on I-88 west of Naperville Road there is a gray Pontiac Grand Prix 4 door that is being used by the state troopers.
- On I-355, south of I-290, there is a black Camaro state trooper car.
- Around I-355 Army Trial Toll Booths, airplane survaillence is used to monitor speed, I was catch by one of these 2 years ago.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:34 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

speaking of , this thread will probably get deleted soon.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:45 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

speaking of , this thread will probably get deleted soon.
Thank God for that...useless post.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:24 PM

are u sure about that

Originally posted by bobcat

I don't think Trojan makes one big enough to fit the Max.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe

For starters i didn't do anything illegal for three days.. So how does that make me dumb?..I was pulled over in a dark area for supposedly having illegal tints(my tints were not really dark i think they were a 17). The second day i was driving and they same guy pulled me over and said that they were looking for a black maxima with tints, the guy stops me and has me sitting down in the middle of the street for about an hour and he searched my car finding nothing....The best part was that he felt like a d*ck after...and the third day i pull up to a light and i look next to me and i see the same guy.... and he just rowed down his window and said whats up.... Its not that i consider all cops pigs....Its just out of all the cops in miami, I say every other cop takes advantage of his/her authority figure.... Now to be politically Correct those cops that do take advantage of his/her authority i consider a "pig"..... By the way you seemed a little sensitive about the way i referred to them as pigs... Are you a cop??
Old 03-11-2003, 04:48 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Alright...
Old 03-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: got a ticket in fl.

Originally posted by slickrick

going to traffic school is cheaper than hiring any attorney other than my dad. he would do it but that requires him going to the keys and i'd rather pay the lesser fine and go to traffic school rather than him go to court in the keys. plantation police are just dumb. at a party last year some kid peeled out on the street slammed into a car which then hit 2 more cars. and the ppd did not even give him a sobriety test.
Last year(maybe 2), I think I paid $70 for the lawyer and about $120 in court fees. That was a little less than I would have paid for traffic school plus the reduced violation.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: got a ticket in fl.

Originally posted by Hobert

Last year(maybe 2), I think I paid $70 for the lawyer and about $120 in court fees. That was a little less than I would have paid for traffic school plus the reduced violation.
yeah my dad charges 70 but im just doing traffic school and to reduce the fine. my court fees will be about $50. traffic school is $40.