5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cloth to Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 07:02 AM

Cloth to Leather Interior

Just curious how much it would cost to replace cloth seats w/ leather. Any ideas on places to research this? I think Ebay might be a place to look. Maybe junk yards?? Is this a worthwhile endeavor? Any information would be helpful. I saw in the group deals forum where a lot of people are doing the leather seat group deal, but it is only for upgrading current leather.

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:26 AM

I think there is currently a Group Deal going on (in the group deals forum) with leatherseats.com, they are offering the leather interior for around $550 I think.

Link
Old 03-12-2003, 07:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Cloth to Leather Interior

Originally posted by HSVMaxima
a lot of people are doing the leather seat group deal, but it is only for upgrading current leather.Thanks.

faq: most dealers have a shop (locally) that change cloth to leather as an option. Maybe a dealer could refer you to their shop? my .02
Old 03-12-2003, 07:31 AM

Just curious how much it would cost to replace cloth seats w/ leather. Any ideas on places to research this? I think Ebay might be a place to look. Maybe junk yards?? Is this a worthwhile endeavor? Any information would be helpful. I saw in the group deals forum where a lot of people are doing the leather seat group deal, but it is only for upgrading current leather.

Thanks.
Do the group deal for leatherseats.com; a local shop will charge you an arm and a leg.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:42 AM

Re: Re: Cloth to Leather Interior

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT
Do the group deal for leatherseats.com; a local shop will charge you an arm and a leg.
but the leatherseats.com GD doesn't include installation. i would think that finding someone to install the leather would cost more than buying the material itself. where is a good place to go for installing? in the atlanta area. does anyone know? thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:44 AM

Re: Re: Re: Cloth to Leather Interior

Originally posted by skandalouz

but the leatherseats.com GD doesn't include installation. i would think that finding someone to install the leather would cost more than buying the material itself. where is a good place to go for installing? in the atlanta area. does anyone know? thanks in advance.
Do it yourself. Many many many org members have installed it themselves. They can give you pointers, but they all agree it's fairly easy to do. Too bad I can't search for install tips...
Old 03-12-2003, 07:48 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cloth to Leather Interior

Do it yourself. Many many many org members have installed it themselves. They can give you pointers, but they all agree it's fairly easy to do. Too bad I can't search for install tips...
what about on the doors? do they give you leather for that too? the door detailing? i would think that's the hardest part. i actually might consider doing them myself if i find a how-to for it.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:52 AM

I think the group deal is just for the leather to go on the seat. It does not include the seats themselves. One of the posts said this was only for people who currently have leather seats.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:54 AM

I think the group deal is just for the leather to go on the seat. It does not include the seats themselves. One of the posts said this was only for people who currently have leather seats.
i dont think you need the whole seat itself to change from cloth to leather. i think the installation requires that you take off the cloth, or leather, off of the seat and wrapping it with the new one. this is what i just assumed, so i may be wrong.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:08 AM

Thanks.
I have cloth myself and did some research. Classic Soft Interior(located off 141 peachtree industrial) does installation of leather seats. They charge about 400(depending on the leather) for installation. It costs about 1300 for the leather and installation if you get the leather from them. That's a lot of money and i regret not getting leather with the car now.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:17 AM

Re: Re: Cloth to Leather Interior

Originally posted by naerok

I have cloth myself and did some research. Classic Soft Interior(located off 141 peachtree industrial) does installation of leather seats. They charge about 400(depending on the leather) for installation. It costs about 1300 for the leather and installation if you get the leather from them. That's a lot of money and i regret not getting leather with the car now.
Especially, seeing as how it only adds like $450 value to the car.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:17 AM

Yes it's just for the leather that goes on the seats. Why would you need all new seats? They are the same internally.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:39 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cloth to Leather Interior

Originally posted by skandalouz

what about on the doors? do they give you leather for that too? the door detailing? i would think that's the hardest part. i actually might consider doing them myself if i find a how-to for it.
Yeah, Leatherseats.com's GD sounds like and excellent offer. I want it myself except I spent all of my tax return money on new wheels, tires, struts, and springs. Maybe in a few more months when the mod bug starts digging its teeth in deeper.

Yes, they provide everything you need. The door detailing and even customized stitching! Check it out in the GD forum.

I sound like a commercial for Leatherseats.com and I don't even know the guy
Old 03-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Zog

If you go to the leatherseats.com page there are instructions on how to install it. Look at those and gauge whether you think you could do it. I REALLY WISH I HAD 500 bones, i want custom leather.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:42 PM

Yes it's just for the leather that goes on the seats. Why would you need all new seats? They are the same internally.
I thought so too. Like it said, they just made it sound like it was only for people w/ leather to begin with. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:40 PM

hop on the GB for leatherseats now while its still good...
Old 03-13-2003, 08:03 AM

Originally posted by 02'maxed-out
hop on the GB for leatherseats now while its still good...
I'm slowly but surely working on the wife. So far she is coming around. Good thing because I was little afraid to mention it for fear that I would get

I have until the 31st. Installation still scares me though.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:37 AM

my dad had leather put on instead of cloth in his avalon recently and it cost 1000 from the dealer. probly not the cheapest way to go, but they did a real nice job
Old 03-13-2003, 10:58 AM

Originally posted by bigdo26
my dad had leather put on instead of cloth in his avalon recently and it cost 1000 from the dealer. probly not the cheapest way to go, but they did a real nice job
Was that just installation cost or did it include the cost of the leather itself too?