5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

RSTB..I can actually tell its on!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 07:07 PM

RSTB..I can actually tell its on!

I've done about everything conceivable to my car other than sub frame connectors. I've got Progress, Tokico, Addco RSB, Courtesy FSTB and just added the Courtesy-looking RSTB.

However, I do notice the car doesn't seem to cone as much in the lane. Seems a tad more stable on the road at 65-70. Where, it used to feel like the car drifted across the coned portion of the lane depending on where I put the 235/40-18s..it now tracks int he lane a bit better.

So...I paid like $40 bucks from dohccivic on E-bay (he sells group buys here too), and think I actually feel something for my 40 bucks.

FTSB 4/10 in terms of feel to value ratio
RSB 8/10 in terms of feel to value ration
Springs/Struts 8/10 in terms of feel to value ratio
RSTB 3/10 in terms of feel to value ratio.....but WTF! It does something. Car handles like a dream once you get that much crap on it.

Whats next...Subframe connectors?
Old 03-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: RSTB..I can actually tell its on!

REALLY?

~limsandy
Old 03-30-2003, 10:26 PM

Yup.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:32 PM

Re: RSTB..I can actually tell its on!

Originally posted by 2kSeattleMax
I've done about everything conceivable to my car other than sub frame connectors. I've got Progress, Tokico, Addco RSB, Courtesy FSTB and just added the Courtesy-looking RSTB.

However, I do notice the car doesn't seem to cone as much in the lane. Seems a tad more stable on the road at 65-70. Where, it used to feel like the car drifted across the coned portion of the lane depending on where I put the 235/40-18s..it now tracks int he lane a bit better.

So...I paid like $40 bucks from dohccivic on E-bay (he sells group buys here too), and think I actually feel something for my 40 bucks.

FTSB 4/10 in terms of feel to value ratio
RSB 8/10 in terms of feel to value ration
Springs/Struts 8/10 in terms of feel to value ratio
RSTB 3/10 in terms of feel to value ratio.....but WTF! It does something. Car handles like a dream once you get that much crap on it.

Whats next...Subframe connectors?
Subframe connectors will increase your ride comfort and improve handling noticeably. In short summary, the SFC's will stiffen the chassis, which will allow the suspension more control, to do what it was designed for in handling the road imperfection/impact. Do your own research on the chassis stiffness and you will find that the most experts will tell you that the stiffer the chassis, the better the handling of the car will be. There are more benefits but you just have to take my word for it. PM me if you have any questions in regards to SFC's.