5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I am selling my Maxima and getting a Hyundai XG300

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2001, 08:16 AM

Just kidding!...but this cheap Korean V6 sedan is aimed at cars like the Maxima. It is amazing the amount features Hyundai has been able to pack into this car for the price. I wish Nissan would offer a 5 speed manu-matic tranny like Hyundai does in the XG300. Word is that Hyundai is placing a 3.5 L V6 on this car next year which would have more horsepower than all competitors. Sounds like a sweet deal, but remember Speed, it's still a POS Hyundai!!...Hmmmm

Speed
Old 01-17-2001, 12:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Don't scare us like that!!!

I wonder if a "fellow online bbs member" is legally allowed to sign off on taking someone to a mental hospital...
Old 01-17-2001, 02:55 PM

I was going to write you something nasty until I saw the rest of your text..all I can say is Phhhhhewwww
Old 01-17-2001, 04:08 PM

3 Things......

That car is a total rip of the I30 Front end.

Their Web site is a total rip of Nissan's. (they use little circles to highlight special areas)

Their engine tech is not up to par....no where close. They 3L makes 192hp(respectable) but a crappy 178ft-lbs of torque.
Old 01-17-2001, 04:11 PM

My opinion of the Hyundai:
No matter how hard you polish it, you cannot shine s**t.
Old 01-17-2001, 04:17 PM

The hyundai cars made in Korea are totally different from the ones they bring to the states.
The ones that come to states are made to use mitsubishi parts.

The Hyundai parts in Korea are a hell of a lot better.
And how do you guys know that Infiniti didn't rip the grangeur (xg300) off?

Just a thought
Old 01-17-2001, 06:46 PM

dont be mean

hey dont make fun of hyundai cars pple... they are korean make cars and i am korean...i very much take offence for what u pple are sayin about hyundai... hehe not.. i dont take offence.... but lets not be so mean eh!?! u may hurt sum pples feelings. the cars arent THAT bad.. they make cheep affordable pretty good lookin cars for the pple who dun have as much money as others... i think it is good they are makin good lookin cars for the less rich people of the world... just my opinion...
Old 01-17-2001, 06:50 PM

btw

they yongjun, your max looks pretty nice there! i like the rear clear blinkers.. they are sweet!
soon enough i shall take pics of my max and post them up.. someday...
Old 01-17-2001, 07:19 PM

Re: btw

Originally posted by speedracer
they yongjun, your max looks pretty nice there! i like the rear clear blinkers.. they are sweet!

I'm glad you like

Old 01-17-2001, 08:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

just one thing...

Originally posted by yongjun

I'm glad you like

the XG300 design came out way~~~~~ before nissasn came out with the new I30....
so, who's copying who?
Old 01-17-2001, 10:19 PM

hey with a 10 year power train warrenty I would drive it. You can beat the living crap out of the car and just tell them to fix it. hehe
Old 01-17-2001, 10:23 PM

Re: Re: btw

I'm glad you like

YJ... I like how you have your initials on your car so incase you forget your name, you can get out and remind yourself. Pretty cool!
Old 01-17-2001, 10:30 PM

C'mon guys!

I am Korean, and let's think without prejudice.

First of all, let me say what I am NOT gonna do. I am not gonna give Hyundai more credit than they deserve just because I am Korean. But I will give them credit for what they deserve. Not because I am Korean, but because I, like the rest of you all, is a WELL INFORMED and UNBIASED automobile enthusiast.

Let's not put Hyundai down on this board. I see so many of you calling Hyundais POS, junk, ****, etc....

But that is not true.

I'm not talking just for Hyundais, but for other cars as well, including domestics too. Mustangs, F-bodies, Hondas, you know what I mean. We need to give credit where it is due. We should acknowledge that something is good if it really is good. I LOVE Mustangs! It is a great bargain. I like my Maxima better, but that doesn't mean any other car cannot be as good.

One should learn to judge things based on his or her own logic and reasoning, not based on prejudice. We really shouldn't use this biased approach on anything in life, let alone cars.

Hyundai may not be that great of a car, but they definitely are not pieces of ****. For what you are paying, you are getting a good car. Not only on a relative money scale, but on an abosolute aspect too. Let's leave the money aside for a minute. Hyundais really are not that bad, no matter how much it costs.

Everytime we talk bad about Hyundai, I have to come to the rescue on Hyundai's behalf. This is not intented to be a flame or a wise guy life lesson, but let's stop judging Hyundai on prejudice. They learned their lesson.
Old 01-17-2001, 10:47 PM
RBa

Re: Re: Re: btw

[/I][/QUOTE]

YJ... I like how you have your initials on your car so incase you forget your name, you can get out and remind yourself. Pretty cool! [/I][/QUOTE]

Hahahaahaha!
Old 01-17-2001, 10:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: btw

Originally posted by RBa
YJ... I like how you have your initials on your car so incase you forget your name, you can get out and remind yourself. Pretty cool! [/I][/QUOTE]

Hahahaahaha! [/I][/QUOTE]

are those bullet holes in your max RBa?
just wondering
Old 01-18-2001, 09:59 AM
maxipad

Too bad about the XG300

The head-on view of this car that you see on their website and in printed ads is just gorgeous. It looks like a real European or Japanese luxury sedan.

So it's a darn shame that Hyundai didn't pay much attention to detail for the rest of the car.

The rest of the car (e.g., profile, tail-end) is pretty boring. It's as if they spent most of their exterior design budget on the nose... and didn't have much time or money for the rest of the car.

A shame, really.

Cheers!

Maxipad

Old 01-18-2001, 11:44 AM

Actually

Maybe I was too harsh, granted Hyundais used to be a POS...I am surprised how far they've come and that they have made a car like the XG300. It is not a sport sedan, so it would never compete against the Maxima SE, but if you are shopping for a Camry or Accord and you get an XG300 with so many features and that great warranty for less than $25K it is truly a bargain.
Old 01-18-2001, 11:47 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Actually

Originally posted by speedracer3

Maybe I was too harsh, granted Hyundais used to be a POS...I am surprised how far they've come and that they have made a car like the XG300. It is not a sport sedan, so it would never compete against the Maxima SE, but if you are shopping for a Camry or Accord and you get an XG300 with so many features and that great warranty for less than $25K it is truly a bargain.

why are you parked in grass? you drive a 'so-much-better-maxima'..act accordingly...
Old 01-18-2001, 12:47 PM

Re: C'mon guys!

Originally posted by ArcticMax
I am Korean, and let's think without prejudice.

First of all, let me say what I am NOT gonna do. I am not gonna give Hyundai more credit than they deserve just because I am Korean. But I will give them credit for what they deserve. Not because I am Korean, but because I, like the rest of you all, is a WELL INFORMED and UNBIASED automobile enthusiast.

Let's not put Hyundai down on this board. I see so many of you calling Hyundais POS, junk, ****, etc....

But that is not true.

I'm not talking just for Hyundais, but for other cars as well, including domestics too. Mustangs, F-bodies, Hondas, you know what I mean. We need to give credit where it is due. We should acknowledge that something is good if it really is good. I LOVE Mustangs! It is a great bargain. I like my Maxima better, but that doesn't mean any other car cannot be as good.

One should learn to judge things based on his or her own logic and reasoning, not based on prejudice. We really shouldn't use this biased approach on anything in life, let alone cars.

Hyundai may not be that great of a car, but they definitely are not pieces of ****. For what you are paying, you are getting a good car. Not only on a relative money scale, but on an abosolute aspect too. Let's leave the money aside for a minute. Hyundais really are not that bad, no matter how much it costs.

Everytime we talk bad about Hyundai, I have to come to the rescue on Hyundai's behalf. This is not intented to be a flame or a wise guy life lesson, but let's stop judging Hyundai on prejudice. They learned their lesson.
You are absolutely right in saying that some people are so unfairly biasing their opinion of other cars here. I've given up on trying to convince people that their Maxima "isn't the best car in the world"...you sort of have to expect that sort of attitude on this site anyways. It didn't used to be this way like four years ago, but well...things change.

Yeah, Hyundais aren't that bad. They used to be, but not anymore. The super warranty is the smartest decision the company ever made.

Old 01-18-2001, 05:03 PM

Re: just one thing...

Originally posted by irvine78

I'm glad you like

the XG300 design came out way~~~~~ before nissasn came out with the new I30....
so, who's copying who?
How?....the I30 Came out in Summer of 99. Here we are Early 01 when this vehicle is comming out. Now assuming equal development time I'm sure they were designing the I30 before the hundai.

How did you know the xg300 came out before the i30?
Old 01-18-2001, 05:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

In my own (always correct) opinion, I think Hyundai's image is mostly the fault of itself. When they first came to the U.S., their products weren't all that reliable. Then a lot of the dealers wouldn't honor warranty work for stuff that really should have been covered. (My brother had an Elantra a few years back and 3 dealers refused to fix the moonroof, even though the car had a bumper to bumper warranty and the car was still within it). Incidents like that get spread around pretty quick and it's hard for a company to repair that damage...Look at Audi and how long it's taken them to slowly dig their way back to anything that resembles a market share. But thankfully, you were just kidding about getting the XG.
Old 01-18-2001, 11:29 PM
TwoMaxMan

The Koreans are comming! Hyundai is doing some good things. They're working hard to recover from their reputation of building junkers. They will no doubt win over many main-stream car buyers looking for value. Perhaps Taurus and Camary buyers will make the switch. However, I feel that Maxima buyers are educated performance seeking loyalists that will never make the switch. (Unless they hit the lotto and opt for a Bemmer.) I hope I'll be able to say the same in five years.