5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2003 Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 05:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2003 Navigation System

Hello:

I am currently looking at purchasing a 2k3 with a Navigation system. I am having difficulty finding at facts regarding the Navigation system. Does anyone know of a URL that describes the features availble with the Nav (CD vs. DVD, CD Region Infor., Street Level Detail, etc...). Any personal opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Marc Tolson
Old 04-09-2003, 06:27 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

Re: 2003 Navigation System

Originally posted by mtolson
Hello:

I am currently looking at purchasing a 2k3 with a Navigation system. I am having difficulty finding at facts regarding the Navigation system. Does anyone know of a URL that describes the features availble with the Nav (CD vs. DVD, CD Region Infor., Street Level Detail, etc...). Any personal opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Marc Tolson
Im not sure exactly what you want to know, but it's cd-rom based not DVD.
It is a single touch screen cd player, as well as an on screen climate control.
The Navigation is awesome ! Ive used it a lot on my trips out of my city. It has a restaurant guide, by food types, ATM, bank locater. It can locate gas stations, hotels, Nissan dealers. You can choose on screen directions, or voice guided w/ on screen. If you go off path, the system automatically re-routes you. It has a ton of features and is well worth it, unless you never go anywhere.

I have found out that it is possible to add a DVD player to the system, but it has to be done by a professional shop and will cost upwards of 1k to do. I will be doing it hopefully this summer.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks alot. Thats exactly type of information I was looking for. I feared that if it was CD based it would lack some of the detail that the DVD based ones contain.

How are the CD's sold ? Does one CD cover the whole US of is it broken up into different CD's for different regions ? Whats the cost for maintenance release of new data ?

Thanks
Marc
Old 04-09-2003, 09:17 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by mtolson
Thanks alot. Thats exactly type of information I was looking for. I feared that if it was CD based it would lack some of the detail that the DVD based ones contain.

How are the CD's sold ? Does one CD cover the whole US of is it broken up into different CD's for different regions ? Whats the cost for maintenance release of new data ?

Thanks
Marc
There are 8 regions...which are 8 cd's...
Old 04-09-2003, 10:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by kloogy
There are 8 regions...which are 8 cd's...
For more info on these CD's you can look at http://www.zenrin.com/
Old 04-09-2003, 03:54 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I know the need for multiple CD's is a drawback, but I have all the regions, and have yet to need the other ones. California is a large state I guess...

Navis is so worth it !