5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My Upgrade-2004 Maxima(deven)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 06:01 AM

My Upgrade-2004 Maxima(deven)

Hello all,
I have moved on ....i just picked up a 3.5 SE 6 speed 2004 Liquid Silver Maxima Thursday. I got all available options, except GPS package. For those who does not like it, because of the shape, do me a favor and please test drive it. I felt the rear is glued to the road with the rear independent suspension. I'm happy with the way it drives and handles(no need for mods- comes modded and the 320 watts bose is a steal for the money), it's just that i have to get use to the Drive By Wire 6 speed stuff ...i was used to my 2001 5 speed and this will take some time to adjust. the shifter makes a lot of noise and you can hear when the cable is moving ...anways that will grow out on me...

i wanted the 350Z, but insurance is a killer for it..

i'm now moving on to the 6th GEN forum and good luck guys...
Old 04-12-2003, 06:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 04-12-2003, 06:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

pics?
Old 04-12-2003, 06:49 AM
NT2SHBBY

good luck with it

Old 04-12-2003, 06:52 AM

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6
pics?
I'm leaving to FL today to break in the motor and i'll take some nice pics in the warm weather out there and post them as soon as i come back.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:55 AM

Re: My Upgrade-2004 Maxima(deven)

Originally posted by Deven2kStickMax
Hello all,
I have moved on ....i just picked up a 3.5 SE 6 speed 2004 Liquid Silver Maxima Thursday. I got all available options, except GPS package. For those who does not like it, because of the shape, do me a favor and please test drive it. I felt the rear is glued to the road with the rear independent suspension. I'm happy with the way it drives and handles(no need for mods- comes modded and the 320 watts bose is a steal for the money), it's just that i have to get use to the Drive By Wire 6 speed stuff ...i was used to my 2001 5 speed and this will take some time to adjust. the shifter makes a lot of noise and you can hear when the cable is moving ...anways that will grow out on me...

i forgot to mention that mine came with a rear spoiler . most of them i seen did not have spoiler in the rear. i was impressed. i noticed they took away the red center light in the middle and it's just a plain spoiler lip.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:32 AM

Did you get the HLSD? The spoiler is part of the SE Driver Pref. package. Congratulations on your purchase!
Old 04-12-2003, 07:43 AM
Administrator

congrats guyanese bwoy
Old 04-12-2003, 07:48 AM

Hello all,

What made me mad most about the car was that they tried to make it like a bigger altima... Comfort may be a huge thing for you, but i like it to where i like the whole package (the outside and inside).
The outside could have been better but its not bad, i was really dissapointed about the gauge design, i thought it was hidious.. but i like the other inovations of the car.. One more thing, with more HP and Trq, why are the times for the 6 speed slower than the 2k2 2k3? Hope nissan didnt lie to you about the HP output... Goodluck, and show us some nice detailed pics.
Old 04-12-2003, 08:21 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Re: Re: My Upgrade-2004 Maxima(deven)

Originally posted by Oxidizer2k
What made me mad most about the car was that they tried to make it like a bigger altima...
I was sitting at a light yesterday and an Altima was turning left across the intersection and went by me. A 2004 Maxima was almost right behind it. Let me tell you...maybe the side profile is similar, but the Maxima has a completely different presence than the Altima does. They look totally different and the Maxima definitely has a much more upscale look to it than the Altima.

Originally posted by Oxidizer2k
One more thing, with more HP and Trq, why are the times for the 6 speed slower than the 2k2 2k3? Hope nissan didnt lie to you about the HP output... Goodluck, and show us some nice detailed pics.
You can't make any conclusions just based on mag times. The mags even said they were having trouble launching due to lags in the electronic throttle control on their pre-production model. The new car is 200lb heavier and has larger 18" rims (more inertial resistance to acceleration), so I wouldn't expect it to be any faster than the 02-03's. It may even end up being a tad slower, depending on what kind of power the engine will put to the ground.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:54 AM

congrats on the purchase - some pics would definitely be nice
Old 04-12-2003, 10:25 AM
KennyLau

Congrats on the purchase.

I was at the Nissan dealer earlier this week to buy some oil filters for my '01 when I saw two '04 SEs on the lot. I must say it looks really nice from the side and from the rear. I especially loved how it looks from the back when next to a 350Z. The two actually compliment each other nicely. Didn't have time for a test drive that day, but the '04 is looking better and better to me everyday.

Have fun with the new car. Peace.

Old 04-12-2003, 10:41 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Old 04-17-2003, 05:44 PM

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6
pics?
OK BRO. I got some pics finally

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=141662&page=7
Old 04-17-2003, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by AlabasterFinch
Did you get the HLSD? The spoiler is part of the SE Driver Pref. package. Congratulations on your purchase!

yeah thanks.

DRIVER PREFERRED PACKAGE
SENSORY PACKAGE
PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE- BOSE
HELICAL LTD SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
POWER SUNROOF(REPLACE THE SKYVIEW)
FLOOR MATS/TRUNK MATS
SPLASH GUARDS
ALSO GOT A REAR SPOILER with this.

leather trim, heated seats,mirrors, steering wheel and all the other goodies...too many to list

FULLSIZE SPARE TIRE AND RIM 18"
Old 04-17-2003, 06:13 PM

yeah thanks.

DRIVER PREFERRED PACKAGE
SENSORY PACKAGE
PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE- BOSE
HELICAL LTD SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
POWER SUNROOF(REPLACE THE SKYVIEW)
FLOOR MATS/TRUNK MATS
SPLASH GUARDS
ALSO GOT A REAR SPOILER with this.

leather trim, heated seats,mirrors, wheel and all the other goodies...too many to list

Price?

FULLSIZE SPARE TIRE AND RIM 18"
Old 04-17-2003, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by Virus
$32,580.00 Difeo Nissan NJ.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:24 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Your new car looks really, really good Devon. They are definatally sharp cars, the quad exhausts gets a from me.

It's interesting to see it's engine bay vs. the G35's. My mom just got a new G35 Sedan, and obviously it is angled differently cause it's RWD. The intake goes straight out where the filter sits almost directly behind the grille. You can see it too. It's almost like a ram-air. The sound of the engine is sweet, it has this sweet burble to it, very similer to my Dads 2k3 4.7L V8 4Runner. The Maxima sounded alot quieter, without the sporty burble to it.

Overall, I am really impressed with the 3.5L VQ. I wish my 3.0 made the aggressive note it made. Whoever said it lost it's refinement and smoothness by increasing .5L displacement is a fool.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack
Your new car looks really, really good Devon. They are definatally sharp cars, the quad exhausts gets a from me.

It's interesting to see it's engine bay vs. the G35's. My mom just got a new G35 Sedan, and obviously it is angled differently cause it's RWD. The intake goes straight out where the filter sits almost directly behind the grille. You can see it too. It's almost like a ram-air. The sound of the engine is sweet, it has this sweet burble to it, very similer to my Dads 2k3 4.7L V8 4Runner. The Maxima sounded alot quieter, without the sporty burble to it.

Overall, I am really impressed with the 3.5L VQ. I wish my 3.0 made the aggressive note it made. Whoever said it lost it's refinement and smoothness by increasing .5L displacement is a fool.
i love the G35, but the insurance for the maxima is cheaper and more goodies comes with the maxima and very roomy and comfortable... but i think the G35 will whipp a maxima easy, cause it's lighter and more low to the ground....buuuut i love my 2004 max so far...
Old 04-17-2003, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by Virus

just wanna mention also, 6 airbags - front, side and curtain ones.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:43 PM

Congrats and ENJOY safely!