5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Here are pics of my new catback exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Yankees pwn you !

Here are pics of my new catback exhaust

I went today to get my Warpspeed B-pipe and Hayame Muffler installed. It has a nice deep growl to it. I personally love the way it looks to. As far as any gains, I do feel the car picks up quicker. So in other words my butt dyno shows an increase in HP's. Let me know what you guys think.

Old 04-19-2003, 05:43 PM

looks nice...btw, what did you do to your backup lights to give them that bluish hue
Old 04-19-2003, 05:47 PM
Yankees pwn you !

Originally posted by thrasher
looks nice...btw, what did you do to your backup lights to give them that bluish hue
I just changed the back up bulb to xtreme whites from piaa
Old 04-19-2003, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by anskyruben
I just changed the back up bulb to xtreme whites from piaa
how much?
Old 04-19-2003, 06:09 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Who's wicked Max is that in the background?

I drove it and drove behind him for a while, and it is GROWLLLL-ing nicely. Makes my muffler sound quiet. He does have a resonator on his. I am putting the Warpspeed B pipe without the resonator and the Y pipe next weekend... let's see how that sounds..
Old 04-19-2003, 06:09 PM

Looks good man. How does it sound? It's not one of those ricey sounding exhaust system is it? But I do like it, keep up the good work
Old 04-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Yankees pwn you !

Originally posted by mad_maxx03
Looks good man. How does it sound? It's not one of those ricey sounding exhaust system is it? But I do like it, keep up the good work
Not at all ricey. It sound real deep. What I like about it the most is the sound of it when it is idleing.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:15 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

For the last time, you cant make a VQ motor sound ricey. It may be a bit too loud for some people's taste, but it will never sound like a leaf blower Civic. It's a 6 cylinder . Ive had a WS6 and a Stang both with headers , straight pipes and full 3 inch exhausts , so it takes a lot for me to think it's loud. If it were ricey sounding , I would never put it on.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:21 PM

For the last time, you cant make a VQ motor sound ricey. It may be a bit too loud for some people's taste, but it will never sound like a leaf blower Civic. It's a 6 cylinder . Ive had a WS6 and a Stang both with headers , straight pipes and full 3 inch exhausts , so it takes a lot for me to think it's loud. If it were ricey sounding , I would never put it on.
Damn sorry dude... I just know there is a maxima around here that sounds like a damn bumble bee.. Maybe we have different tastes.. whatever though
Old 04-19-2003, 06:22 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Damn sorry dude... I just know there is a maxima around here that sounds like a damn bumble bee.. Maybe we have different tastes.. whatever though
I wasnt raggin on you ...

What gen max is it...?
Old 04-19-2003, 06:25 PM

Its a 5th-gen.
Hes from a near by city but I'm assuming he works somewhere around here, see it every day.

I was just wondering how it sounded because no one around here really has a Max, just older people. And was wanting to be the first
Old 04-19-2003, 07:22 PM
mjg

i have heard ricey 6 cylinder cars...a ll kinds of them. I've even seen like riced out m3s and mercedes... You name it. I don't think we all have the same idea of what ricey means. I think ricey means a sound that is in appropriate for the car. Like a dodge viper SHOULD be loud... so should a mustang or camaro whatever... a v6 trying to sound like something it isn't... That's what i define as ricey. If our cars were designed to be sports cars they wouldn't have came with all those resonators trying to make them nice and quiet. I think when people over do it with exhaust systems that are really really loud on a not so fast car is rice. Like when kids put cards in the spoke of a bike.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:53 PM

I like the look. High performance but tasteful, IMHO. I hate grape fruit shooters. Is that the EXT series? How much was it?

I want to get a better exhaust for my other car, it's a turbo Talon TSi. Stock is a dual tip, and I've been looking for a tasteful aftermarket dual tip for a 3", I really like this one, but from what I've found the inlet is 2.25" I'd love to go with this one if they make a 3" inlet.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:58 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by mjg
i have heard ricey 6 cylinder cars...a ll kinds of them. I've even seen like riced out m3s and mercedes... You name it. I don't think we all have the same idea of what ricey means. I think ricey means a sound that is in appropriate for the car. Like a dodge viper SHOULD be loud... so should a mustang or camaro whatever... a v6 trying to sound like something it isn't... That's what i define as ricey. If our cars were designed to be sports cars they wouldn't have came with all those resonators trying to make them nice and quiet. I think when people over do it with exhaust systems that are really really loud on a not so fast car is rice. Like when kids put cards in the spoke of a bike.

If I answered your post, this would become a flame war. I have never seen " like " a riced out Mercedes. I am not sure how many of " those " resonators " I have. I only see one under my Maxima.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:06 PM
Yankees pwn you !

Originally posted by itdood
I like the look. High performance but tasteful, IMHO. I hate grape fruit shooters. Is that the EXT series? How much was it?

I want to get a better exhaust for my other car, it's a turbo Talon TSi. Stock is a dual tip, and I've been looking for a tasteful aftermarket dual tip for a 3", I really like this one, but from what I've found the inlet is 2.25" I'd love to go with this one if they make a 3" inlet.
Its a Hayame Muffler. I dont know if they make it with 3" inlet. As far as how much .......I bought off another org member. But new I saw it online for 200 to 250. I was able to get a good deal on it though. I liked it because I wanted to get a muffler that looked aftermarket but not tooo big. (Even though the Powertech muffler is growing on me).
Old 04-19-2003, 10:32 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

(Even though the Powertech muffler is growing on me).
Old 04-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I've never even thought about getting a new muff, but after seeing the Hayame I just might look into one. Most are too big for me and the stock is starting to look too small. This may just do the trick. I would want a 2 1/2 inlet because I would also get the cat back done with 2 1/2 aswell.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i was there for a little while and dang it turned out bomb looks so good. im so glad that u like it and it was nice to meet both of you guys. u have to let me ride in it sometime
well take care and talk soon.

later
Old 04-20-2003, 01:30 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by krmaxima
i was there for a little while and dang it turned out bomb looks so good. im so glad that u like it and it was nice to meet both of you guys. u have to let me ride in it sometime
well take care and talk soon.

later
We are minutes away.. Wait till your stuff is in my Max... ! Want to hear and see power in a VQ on 19's... .. Nice meeting another Org member in my second favorite color !
Old 04-20-2003, 10:49 AM
Yankees pwn you !

Here are some pics of the b pipe. You can kind of see it.

Old 04-20-2003, 11:18 AM
mjg

Originally posted by kloogy

If I answered your post, this would become a flame war. I have never seen " like " a riced out Mercedes. I am not sure how many of " those " resonators " I have. I only see one under my Maxima.
I was not trying to start some argument. Those resonators i'm talking about, are like the complicated airbox with the 'resonators' inside them designed to make it nice and quiet. Otherwise, wouldn't we just have some simple peformance type intake... If noise were not a consideration? Anyways, I did use the word opinion, I said that was my opinion on the definition of rice. I don't think rice merely applise to a honda civic with 4 cylinder engines, I think people rice out anything. You have never seen a mercedes with a loud amg exhaust system? I have. I think the goal mercedes has in crafting their cars is to silence them, not make them sound like a hotrod. To each their own.
BTW i looked this up on dictionary.com - A hollow chamber or cavity with dimensions chosen to permit internal resonant oscillation of electromagnetic or acoustical waves of specific frequencies. It's a chamber designed to reduce noise... Why else would our stock intake be so complicated? Wouldn't be cheaper after all, to just throw a frankencar in it, then to fabricate such a monsrosity?
Old 04-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Yankees pwn you !

Originally posted by mjg
just throw a frankencar in it, then to fabricate such a monsrosity?
Are you saying that a Frankencar is a "monsrosity"?? Too funny. For that comment you should be
Old 04-20-2003, 11:36 AM

Are you saying that a Frankencar is a "monsrosity"?? Too funny. For that comment you should be
I think he was referring to the stock airbox as the monstrosity.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:57 AM
Yankees pwn you !

Originally posted by mjg

Those resonators i'm talking about, are like the complicated airbox with the 'resonators' inside them ..... I don't think rice merely applise to a honda civic with ....
I think you "like" should use better grammatical english. What is " Applise "...?
Old 04-20-2003, 12:02 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by mjg

I was not trying to start some argument. Those resonators i'm talking about, are like the complicated airbox with the 'resonators' inside them designed to make it nice and quiet. Otherwise, wouldn't we just have some simple peformance type intake... If noise were not a consideration? Anyways, I did use the word opinion, I said that was my opinion on the definition of rice. I don't think rice merely applise to a honda civic with 4 cylinder engines, I think people rice out anything. You have never seen a mercedes with a loud amg exhaust system? I have. I think the goal mercedes has in crafting their cars is to silence them, not make them sound like a hotrod. To each their own.
BTW i looked this up on dictionary.com - A hollow chamber or cavity with dimensions chosen to permit internal resonant oscillation of electromagnetic or acoustical waves of specific frequencies. It's a chamber designed to reduce noise... Why else would our stock intake be so complicated? Wouldn't be cheaper after all, to just throw a frankencar in it, then to fabricate such a monsrosity?

You are too funny ..
Old 04-20-2003, 03:27 PM

All the 5th gen have a growl to there new exhaust.