5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Brake Caliper stickers.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 12:08 PM

Brake Caliper stickers.

Sorry if this is a discussed topic but w/o the search, well u know...

Im getting ready to paint the calipers. Does anybody know of or have stickers that say Maxima over their new painted calipers. Not sure if I wanna do that yet but just a thought and wanted to know if it is an option?

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:36 PM
I am Roid Rage

Brake calipers get really hot. The heat would destroy stickers.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:40 PM

Originally posted by Bluebird
Brake calipers get really hot. The heat would destroy stickers.
My thoughts exactly, but I got a friend with an Eclipse whos says he just ordered them for his calipers and that the heat "seals" them onto the caliper, no problem.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Could always paint the "maxima" onto the caliper yourself. I've wanted to do this, but never got around to it...
Old 04-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Pmm3rd

My thoughts exactly, but I got a friend with an Eclipse whos says he just ordered them for his calipers and that the heat "seals" them onto the caliper, no problem.
Here is the one for Eclipse http://neweclipse.org/bodygraphics.htm
Old 04-22-2003, 12:57 PM
I am Roid Rage

Maybe the stickers will work? I'd probably want to paint the calipers first to give the stickers a nice smooth surface to adhere to.

Or you could paint something on there like Y2KSESteve suggested. I thought about just taking a little paint brush, dipping it in hi-temp paint and filling in the Nissin (not Nissan) logo on mine when I get around to painting them.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:57 PM

I will be doing this soon. I painted my calipers red using the brush on folia tec paint thing. I wasn't sure on either making a negative of the word NISSAN and painting it so that NISSAN is painted on, or just making a NISSAN sitcker and sticking it on.

I worked at a sign shop for 5 1/2 years and I don't think the calipers get hot to the point where it'll destroy the sticker. The heat in fact with promote the adhesive on the caliper. I've had stickers on hoods of cars and those get pretty hot without any problems.

I think I'm gonna go the sticker route. It's cheaper, easier, and if I don't like it, I can just peel it off.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:23 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

I think APC has some...

Sorry I just feel like this is kind of a ricer mod.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Sold 2 99Silvermist SE :)

wheres the cheapest place to get the foliatec handbrush stuff?
Old 10-28-2003, 12:56 AM

I checked out some IS and Lexus sites and they have some heat-resistant brake caliper stickers and it looks very nice on their cars. Eclipses have pretty good ones too. The 350Z seem to have a guy do theirs as well.
Did a search in the org and this thread came up.
So are there any nissan caliper stickers for us?? I think it will look great on the max. Suggestions?
Old 10-28-2003, 04:31 AM

I painted "NISSAN" on my old 89 SE calipers. It's not that hard. First you will need two different color caliper paints. I chose red and white. Then go to Staples or Office MAx and get yourself a package of small stick on letters. First prep the caliper by cleaning it, etc. Then, paint the front part of the caliper(where you want "NISSAN" to be) white. Let it dry good. Then stick the letters on as straight as posible on the white paint. Then paint the caliper red and let it dry. When dry, simply peel off the letters and Voila! white "NISSAN" on your calipers. It really looks great. I wish I had pics of my old car. Words don't do it justice.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:38 PM

Guess that works too!
Old 10-29-2003, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by maximilion
I will be doing this soon. I painted my calipers red using the brush on folia tec paint thing. I wasn't sure on either making a negative of the word NISSAN and painting it so that NISSAN is painted on, or just making a NISSAN sitcker and sticking it on.

I worked at a sign shop for 5 1/2 years and I don't think the calipers get hot to the point where it'll destroy the sticker. The heat in fact with promote the adhesive on the caliper. I've had stickers on hoods of cars and those get pretty hot without any problems.

I think I'm gonna go the sticker route. It's cheaper, easier, and if I don't like it, I can just peel it off.
Like I said in my earlier post.....it'll be okay. I did it several months ago and it still looks like new.

Stickers will be okay.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by RichK
I painted "NISSAN" on my old 89 SE calipers. It's not that hard. First you will need two different color caliper paints. I chose red and white. Then go to Staples or Office MAx and get yourself a package of small stick on letters. First prep the caliper by cleaning it, etc. Then, paint the front part of the caliper(where you want "NISSAN" to be) white. Let it dry good. Then stick the letters on as straight as posible on the white paint. Then paint the caliper red and let it dry. When dry, simply peel off the letters and Voila! white "NISSAN" on your calipers. It really looks great. I wish I had pics of my old car. Words don't do it justice.
Yeah! I wanted to do this when I painted my calipers, but decided it was too much work so I said ***** it. I think this is the way to go though or else get someone on the org to make stickers for us.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by RichK
I was thinking about doing this too. BUT, thought it would take waaaayyy too long. You gotta paint the white... wait a while til it completely dries... put the stickers on.... paint the red.... wait til it dries and then peel off the stickers. Car might be hung up for a whole day.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by maximilion
Like I said in my earlier post.....it'll be okay. I did it several months ago and it still looks like new.

Stickers will be okay.

Really? but where u find stickers that fit our tiny OEM calipers?
Did you custom made yours? Price?

Thanks dude in adavance!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by leungjc78

Thanks dude in adavance!
Yeah, custom made. Just go to any sticker shop. Mine says NISSAN and the letters are 1/2" tall (I think)
Old 10-29-2003, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by leungjc78

Thanks dude in adavance!
Yeah, custom stickers. You can go to any sticker shop and have them made. Mine says NISSAN and the letters are 1/2" tall (I think)
Old 10-29-2003, 09:43 PM

It does take a while to do, but, IMO, it is well worth the effort.