5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

JIC-Magic question

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 08:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

JIC-Magic question

i just got back into maximas i have been away but im back with a 03 maxima i was wondering about this company does anyone have any history about them i really never heard about them except on the org. i know they are suppose to have the good lowering kits but just want more info.
thank you
and sorry if stupid question
Old 04-24-2003, 11:29 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: JIC-Magic question

Originally posted by krmaxima
i just got back into maximas i have been away but im back with a 03 maxima i was wondering about this company does anyone have any history about them i really never heard about them except on the org. i know they are suppose to have the good lowering kits but just want more info.
thank you
and sorry if stupid question
The JIC FLT-A2 are the top of the line coilover suspension system available for the Maxima, but retail for $1950. Although, you can find them for much much cheaper. If you have the money, you can't go wrong with JIC.

If you don't have the money Cattman(made by Progress) are about to release a coilover for around $1100-1300. Otherwise, a good spring/strut combo will drastically improve the handling.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:15 AM

Dont 4get the Teins
Old 04-25-2003, 12:51 AM

Originally posted by HitManSE
Dont 4get the Teins
Who cares?
Old 04-25-2003, 03:16 AM

Re: Re: JIC-Magic question

Originally posted by IceY2K1
If you have the money, you can't go wrong with JIC.

I did have the money and still went very wrong with the JICs. Just b/c they are the best in certain areas, doesn't mean they are the best match against onne's own criteria. It all depends on what you want. I'm much more happy with my H&Rs/Tokicos than I was with my JICs.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:06 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I on the other hand picked up the JIC FLT-A2's used and can not be more happy with them. I was initially worried the spring rate was too high and yes it can get a bit bouncy around town but wow, can they handle. It is definately NOT a harsh suspension but it is firm so keep that in mind. That being said, I am MUCH happier with this setup than the old Koni/H&R's I used to have on my 95 Max. The short stroke and the inverted strut in front also give you more wheel travel than the conventional spring/shock combo and the threaded shock actually allow you to setup spring pre-tension and stroke length independently. I am a big Tein dealer but for the Maxima, the JIC's were the best option for me.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:20 AM

Originally posted by Guru
I on the other hand picked up the JIC FLT-A2's used and can not be more happy with them. I was initially worried the spring rate was too high and yes it can get a bit bouncy around town but wow, can they handle. It is definately NOT a harsh suspension but it is firm so keep that in mind. That being said, I am MUCH happier with this setup than the old Koni/H&R's I used to have on my 95 Max. The short stroke and the inverted strut in front also give you more wheel travel than the conventional spring/shock combo and the threaded shock actually allow you to setup spring pre-tension and stroke length independently. I am a big Tein dealer but for the Maxima, the JIC's were the best option for me.
Glad to see you're happy with your purchase.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:10 AM

Re: Re: Re: JIC-Magic question

Originally posted by Y2K2Driver

I did have the money and still went very wrong with the JICs. Just b/c they are the best in certain areas, doesn't mean they are the best match against onne's own criteria. It all depends on what you want. I'm much more happy with my H&Rs/Tokicos than I was with my JICs.
Install error.

You're a minority(in the complaint department), so I still stand by my statement.

Almost everyone I've read reviews from, LOVES them. I'm VERY very picky in the ride quality department, so I may be joining you on the x-JIC owners' club. We'll see.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:31 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: JIC-Magic question

I'm VERY very picky in the ride quality department, so I may be joining you on the x-JIC owners' club. We'll see.
When did you get JIC's?
Old 04-25-2003, 11:37 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JIC-Magic question

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

When did you get JIC's?
Wet dream last night....BTW you were in it.

Something about a warm office and a hanging *******?
Old 04-25-2003, 12:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Glad to see you're happy with your purchase.
MORE than happy. Thank you Y2K2Driver.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: JIC-Magic question

Install error.

You're a minority(in the complaint department), so I still stand by my statement.

Almost everyone I've read reviews from, LOVES them. I'm VERY very picky in the ride quality department, so I may be joining you on the x-JIC owners' club. We'll see.
That was cold, ICE (pun intended).

I have little doubt that they were setup less than ideally. That being said, my major gripe was the stiffness of the springs and there is little you can do about that. JIC doesn't recommend anything lower than 8 and I felt that that wasn't going to do enough. I am also extremely picky and that is why they had to go. To each his own. I don't try to persuade people not to buy them, I just try to give those thinking about them more info than what I had. Maybe they ride as nicely as Eibachs, but they certainly don't ride as nicely as H&Rs and that happened to be the best setup for me. Like they say, hindsight is 20/20.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JIC-Magic question

That was cold, ICE (pun intended).

I have little doubt that they were setup less than ideally. That being said, my major gripe was the stiffness of the springs and there is little you can do about that. JIC doesn't recommend anything lower than 8 and I felt that that wasn't going to do enough. I am also extremely picky and that is why they had to go. To each his own. I don't try to persuade people not to buy them, I just try to give those thinking about them more info than what I had. Maybe they ride as nicely as Eibachs, but they certainly don't ride as nicely as H&Rs and that happened to be the best setup for me. Like they say, hindsight is 20/20.
I plan on putting together ALL the JIC owners/x-owners into a thread to give input/feedback. That way there is ONE thread with information to help people decide.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy that's trying the 8K/5K springs. Have you considered Cattmans' new Progress?
Old 04-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JIC-Magic question

Wet dream last night....BTW you were in it.

Something about a warm office and a hanging *******?
I can get you JIC's at a decent price. Interested? If so, let me know... PM me.

Now that you mention it, the office is pretty warm today.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:08 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JIC-Magic question

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
I can get you JIC's at a decent price. Interested? If so, let me know... PM me.
When I see it, I'll believe it. $5?

I got a pair of A32's for dirt cheap, Jane need a set?

Now that you mention it, the office is pretty warm today.
Gosh I love my XM radio.....aaaaaaaauuuuugh. Work flys by!