5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

ripped off on e-bay by another max owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 01:31 AM

ripped off on e-bay by another max owner

I bought some sprint springs on e-bay about a month and a half ago. It was taking a while so I e-mailed him last week and he said " I shipped them but the post office wouldn't allow me to insure them cause of your address so I don't know what to tell you" (thats code for I never shipped sh@# to you so stop waiting) I have a FPO address and get things insured all the time! I just wanted you guys to watch out for "Pfleiger" when buying maxima stuff on e-bay. I guess I'm going to be driving a 4x4 this summer!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 02:56 AM
LeX
Nissan by Nature

He very well could have ripped you off, and that sucks because it's happened to me, but his feedback rating is virtually perfect.

Maybe something did happen? File a claim with USPS.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:53 AM

Re: ripped off on e-bay by another max owner

Originally posted by beemreatr
I bought some sprint springs on e-bay about a month and a half ago. It was taking a while so I e-mailed him last week and he said " I shipped them but the post office wouldn't allow me to insure them cause of your address so I don't know what to tell you" (thats code for I never shipped sh@# to you so stop waiting) I have a FPO address and get things insured all the time! I just wanted you guys to watch out for "Pfleiger" when buying maxima stuff on e-bay. I guess I'm going to be driving a 4x4 this summer!!!
did you pay for insurance?
Old 05-19-2003, 05:19 AM
It's chrome alright...

Originally posted by LeX
feedback rating is virtually perfect.
but that doesn't necessarily show his true colors... check his reply to the negative feedback.

Complaint : 400 mile round trip to see a vehicle of lesser quality than described. F
Response by pfleiger - Sorry 10 year old cars are not like New with over 100K miles on them. Loser.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:31 AM

Originally posted by LeX
He very well could have ripped you off, and that sucks because it's happened to me, but his feedback rating is virtually perfect.

Maybe something did happen? File a claim with USPS.
Maybe, but I would think he would be more helpful. He was very short and had a "not my problem" attitude. The insurance was part of the shipping price so I think it is his problem. I would thinkhe is on the org from the mods he was selling, UDP, Y-Pipe, ect. these things I didn't hear about till I was addicted to the org.
I always try and save a buch...I guess sometimes you loose!!
I can't file a claim with USPS till he gives me the paperwork that he dosen't have (cause there is no insurance.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:33 AM

LeX, where getting nos. That's a good one.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:39 AM
NT2SHBBY

how did you pay? do you have his address?

Old 05-19-2003, 06:56 AM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
how did you pay? do you have his address?
Paypal, I really don't think I am going to give up $100 that easy, I guess I was hoping he was on the ORg and would contact me to solve this before it got out of hand. I had a simular problem with a camera on e-bay but I contacted the local police and they went to the guys house. It turned out to be a 18 year old kid and his mom running a scam. they told the cop they didn't think it was a real address (?) but they excepted the money anyway. there are ways to get paid but I figured if he was on here he wouldn't want that kind of hassle.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:58 AM
NT2SHBBY

Originally posted by beemreatr
Paypal, I really don't think I am going to give up $100 that easy, I guess I was hoping he was on the ORg and would contact me to solve this before it got out of hand. I had a simular problem with a camera on e-bay but I contacted the local police and they went to the guys house. It turned out to be a 18 year old kid and his mom running a scam. they told the cop they didn't think it was a real address (?) but they excepted the money anyway. there are ways to get paid but I figured if he was on here he wouldn't want that kind of hassle.
then your retribution is easy bro....initiate a chargeback with paypal for non-receipt of goods....Paypal will make their investigation and yes they state they want up to 30 days but usually within a week its resolved.

I've initiated a couple in my day...always worked out favorably for me dude...

good luck!

Old 05-19-2003, 07:03 AM
BiggD23

I wouldn't give up on $20 that easily...let alone $100. I'd start by filing a complaint with Ebay and Paypal. If he has a Paypal account that accepts payments, that means it is tied to a back account. They can use this to track him down. I had something sililar happpen to a friend once and it took months to resolve, so it might be a bunch of filing complaints and waiting for responses before you get any $$ back, but at least he's not getting away with it. He's probably counting on people just giving up and taking it as a loss, but stick it to him!

Old 05-19-2003, 07:07 AM
Old Maxima Legend

things you can do:
1. leave him negative feedback

2. contact ebay " fraud protection program "
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/fpp.html

2A. eBay pledges to work closely with our community of members to ensure a safe trading environment. We welcome reports of suspicious activity and will investigate and take appropriate action as outlined in our User Agreement.

3. Request your seller's contact information and give him or her a phone call. eBay encourages open and honest communication, and we believe that many issues can be resolved with a conversation

4. Try Dispute Resolution: "SquareTrade" offers FREE online dispute resolution to help eBay users resolve disputes quickly and fairly.

5. File a protection claim to get some of the money back

6. As for as Pay Pal. If you used it. If the seller did not get you to confirm your address. You can request that paypal give you all your money back. Im not sure about all the details. But from what I understood.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot
things you can do:
1. leave him negative feedback

2. contact ebay " fraud protection program "
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/fpp.html

2A. eBay pledges to work closely with our community of members to ensure a safe trading environment. We welcome reports of suspicious activity and will investigate and take appropriate action as outlined in our User Agreement.

3. Request your seller's contact information and give him or her a phone call. eBay encourages open and honest communication, and we believe that many issues can be resolved with a conversation

4. Try Dispute Resolution: "SquareTrade" offers FREE online dispute resolution to help eBay users resolve disputes quickly and fairly.

5. File a protection claim to get some of the money back

6. As for as Pay Pal. If you used it. If the seller did not get you to confirm your address. You can request that paypal give you all your money back. Im not sure about all the details. But from what I understood.
ebay " fraud protection program " is totally ****. One of my friend bought a car on ebay, found a buble in one tire through state inspection, all tires had countless cracks contrasted to what the seller's descripbed as "tires are in good condition 80% life remain", also the inspection station wrote on the report that he have to replace tires or failed inspection. We exhausted any effort include "fraud protection program" one. These a$$hole from ebay just said they had no idea about this and couldn't help us. I learnt from that never buy a car on ebay!!!
Old 06-17-2004, 05:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't understand how someone could buy a car on ebay without seeing it in person first, thats just stupid.

How far away does this guy live? I would pay him a visit if you are close enough...