5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Best way to wash floormats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 12:31 AM

Best way to wash floormats?

So I get into my max today, and look across to the passenger side and notice a huge red spot mashed into my floormat. Immediately my jaw drops, and I get ****ed, I compulsively try to keep my Maxima clean, and this just totaly ****ed me off.

It looks like some kind of like mashed strawberry or something, like someeone stepped on strawberries and totaly like rubbed it into my mat, and its there good.

So whats a good way to get this crap out? Is it as simple as some soap and water, or what?
Old 06-08-2003, 12:46 AM

I use laundary detergent... and lots of water... otherwise, I use a can of simplegreen foam.

bp
Old 06-08-2003, 03:00 AM

I soak the mat (obviously - remove from the car first - LOL).
I use a stiff brush and scrub using a mild soap.
I rinse several times with the hose
Squeegee excess water from mat and hang to dry.

Its worked for me so far !

Good luck with yours.....Bob
Old 06-08-2003, 06:24 AM

Pull it out, shoot it with a hose nozzel on jet stream then soak with basically any soap. scrub with a brush and let sit awhile. Go back and shoot again with hose to rinse, check results. Repeat if necessary.
Simple Green works good, carpet cleaner too or just any old soap should do the job.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:51 AM

You need Resolve. Go to the housewares department of any grocery or department store and get a bottle of RESOLVE (I prefer the spray bottle vs aeresol). Resolve is a mild detergent with teflon. Saturate the stained area, let it sit for a minute or two then using your finger tips "massage" the stain and then blot with (blue) paper towel. I have used this product for years and have been delighted with the results.
Old 06-08-2003, 05:51 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Best way to wash floormats?

Originally posted by BananaRama
So I get into my max today, and look across to the passenger side and notice a huge red spot mashed into my floormat. Immediately my jaw drops, and I get ****ed, I compulsively try to keep my Maxima clean, and this just totaly ****ed me off.

It looks like some kind of like mashed strawberry or something, like someeone stepped on strawberries and totaly like rubbed it into my mat, and its there good.

So whats a good way to get this crap out? Is it as simple as some soap and water, or what?
Best way to protect your factory mats is to buy some clear plastic mats to put over them.Their is no way to keep them clean if you're going to have people in and out of your car,except to keep washing and washing.Of course not everyone likes the plastic mats.
Old 06-08-2003, 05:58 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Re: Re: Best way to wash floormats?

Originally posted by gtbigup

Best way to protect your factory mats is to buy some clear plastic mats to put over them.Their is no way to keep them clean if you're going to have people in and out of your car,except to keep washing and washing.Of course not everyone likes the plastic mats.
i throw it in my wash once a month...looks fine to me. lasts a good years plus and then i just buy new mats...theyr'e about $45-$60 for a new set. we spend that much on just bulbs. i think we can spare that for mats....