5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Port And Polish?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 09:51 AM

I never said I didnt know what it was, as a matter of fact I do know what it is, My friend has a car and just had it done, and I know its not a 1 hour job, or even one day for that matter, all i asked was if anyone had it done, what part did they P&P and if they lost a lot of low end, P&P for the most part is mostly if not all high end(Correct me if Im wring) and is not ment for everyday driving. A simple question for fellow maxima owners, ruined by ignorance, Before responding to a tred read it, then post your opinion maybe ask questions first rather then jumping all over someone. dont jumo to conclusions
Old 06-24-2003, 09:55 AM
I'm needing a caw

Stop trying to cover your tracks. You have no idea what it was until we posted something in here. You calling me ignorant? Let's get it on brother! Try me. I'll keeel you man!

Originally posted by twllin
I never said I didnt know what it was, as a matter of fact I do know what it is, My friend has a car and just had it done, and I know its not a 1 hour job, or even one day for that matter, all i asked was if anyone had it done, what part did they P&P and if they lost a lot of low end, P&P for the most part is mostly if not all high end(Correct me if Im wring) and is not ment for everyday driving. A simple question for fellow maxima owners, ruined by ignorance, Before responding to a tred read it, then post your opinion maybe ask questions first rather then jumping all over someone. dont jumo to conclusions
Old 06-24-2003, 10:06 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Stop trying to cover your tracks. You have no idea what it was until we posted something in here. You calling me ignorant? Let's get it on brother! Try me. I'll keeel you man!

Actually I have known since my friend did his car which was a couple of weeks ago and I saw the power he gained so I just wanted to know if it was possible or even worth it on a MAX, and about gettin it on, I dont play out like that, in real life I'd probablly knock you so hard the org would call u a front door.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:10 AM
I'm needing a caw

oooooooohh! If you knew so much, why in the hell did you ask?

I'd knock you out so hard, your ex-BF from last year would feel it. oh boy here comes the physical threats now. Sure sign of defeat.

Actually I have known since my friend did his car which was a couple of weeks ago and I saw the power he gained so I just wanted to know if it was possible or even worth it on a MAX, and about gettin it on, I dont play out like that, in real life I'd probablly knock you so hard the org would call u a front door.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:20 AM

Hmmm your the one that threatened physical first dumbas$ If you refer to my question in the begening I asked if anyone had it done and if it was possible on a max to see if it was worth it so who looks stupid now?
Old 06-24-2003, 10:26 AM
I'm needing a caw

Ah read it again sparky Phurriest. So I guess the stupid tag is still on you mango.

Hmmm your the one that threatened physical first dumbas$ If you refer to my question in the begening I asked if anyone had it done and if it was possible on a max to see if it was worth it so who looks stupid now?
Old 06-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Seriously, dude, the best thing you could do right now would be to delete this thread altogether. Quit while you're......er.....umm.....behind.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

my man. See the words moderator under his name??? That means "always wins" just let it go. Most people have learned that you will NEVER get the last word in agains a MOD.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:40 AM
I'm needing a caw

I'm not a moderator here.

Originally posted by dblrr900
my man. See the words moderator under his name??? That means "always wins" just let it go. Most people have learned that you will NEVER get the last word in agains a MOD.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:45 AM

ehhhh..... a MOD is a MOD. You may not be NEO but we can still call you Morpheus.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:52 AM

Just delete this tred, its usless a simple question became a fight just drop it
Old 06-24-2003, 10:54 AM

Ok, so now for my $.02 worth --

I agree that making radical changes to the engine design would be a bad idea for a daily driver that must pass emissions. You must keep in mind that the ECU program is engineered for the current design and flow rate. Making major changes would throw everything out of sync and would require serious time and money for machining, custom ECU tuning, etc---not very cost effective unless it was solely a race car. I do think maybe "smoothing the edges" would be ok in very selective amounts.

That being said--

I think we are sometimes a tad aggressive with the newbs questions. I know it's aggravating seeing the same questions over and over again and patience runs thin from time to time. Let's just try to keep in mind that not everyone is an expert and that they are here to learn. If you do not want to be the one to teach then--don't. No need to launch personal attacks! Can't we all just get along?!?!?!?

"I think I need a hug" [/best Donkey voice]LMFAO
Old 06-24-2003, 10:55 AM

Wtf happend here Im with jeff on this 1, he still has not answered the question to what the hell do you want ported and polished??? The heads? the Intake manifold? Exhaust manifold?
Old 06-24-2003, 11:01 AM
I'm needing a caw

He's gonna say heads now because that's what we have been talking about. If you want to run 10's get both heads done.

Originally posted by HitManSE
Wtf happend here Im with jeff on this 1, he still has not answered the question to what the hell do you want ported and polished??? The heads? the Intake manifold? Exhaust manifold?
Old 06-24-2003, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by HitManSE

damn man i was talkin about the intake manifold and heads, but I know the heads are very hard to get to, like i said i dont much about this stuff I know what it is thats about it geez Im here to learn
Old 06-24-2003, 11:12 AM

You can delete the thread yourself if you want to.

Go to the first post, click edit/delete message, and check the box and click send. Done deal.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:20 AM
I'm needing a caw

Keep this tred alive. I'll delete it later
Old 06-24-2003, 02:26 PM

Well Jeff, I got to give it to you, Your a bad a$$ car guy with a loyal following of family car drive'n hot rodders. I love the way they all jump on you side as you flame a newbie for no reason...as a matter of fact some even make up reasons for you. I'm not mad at you. I have at times riled people up for no reason but the monkey boys didn't jump behind me like they do you. I could only imagine how they act at work in front of their bosses, a bunch of sellouts just cause your a moderator on a car advice site dedicated to people who try and make sports cars out of four door family cars (thank god they did away with the wagon model, huh?)This site is a great place to get info and share problems and fixes with each other, but when you jerks gang roast someone for asking a question that’s not cool. Say what you want cause I don't care but know that these retards look up to you cause of your title (and knowledge) and you should be a little more careful how you talk to people especially a newbie.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:37 PM
I'm needing a caw

Actually, I wish they would bring the wagon model back.

You know these same guys would probably pm me or tell me to STFU or give me the smilie if I was gettng killed in a thread. So it's not really the case of "them" standing up for me just because I'm a moderator.

I don't roast newbies that often but look at how the first post and his following posts were structured. And look who started in with the physical threats first?

And to continue the debate, if you didn't care, I don't think you would have gotten upset and posted a reply.

At any time, you want to review all of my posts and give me a ratio of helpfull posts to flames, please feel free to do so.

Originally posted by beemreatr
Well Jeff, I got to give it to you, Your a bad a$$ car guy with a loyal following of family car drive'n hot rodders. I love the way they all jump on you side as you flame a newbie for no reason...as a matter of fact some even make up reasons for you. I'm not mad at you. I have at times riled people up for no reason but the monkey boys didn't jump behind me like they do you. I could only imagine how they act at work in front of their bosses, a bunch of sellouts just cause your a moderator on a car advice site dedicated to people who try and make sports cars out of four door family cars (thank god they did away with the wagon model, huh?)This site is a great place to get info and share problems and fixes with each other, but when you jerks gang roast someone for asking a question that’s not cool. Say what you want cause I don't care but know that these retards look up to you cause of your title (and knowledge) and you should be a little more careful how you talk to people especially a newbie.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:48 PM

What I meant is I didn't care if you decided to flame me. I can take a flaming I was rally wanting to make a point about all the guys who immediately followed suit with the flames to impress you. I could only imagine posting an average of 12 post a day that more good than flame comes from you but this thread did bother me and the way the post ****** and a$$ kissers chimed in. There was some good info and I'm sure you know what you are talking about and I can see you point about how vague he was but look back at the first 3 pages and see how many people jumped on him. I guess I picked you out cause you where the first but really it’s the total onslaught that bothered me not anything you said.
And yeah, the wagon was sweet!
Old 06-24-2003, 03:01 PM

He11 I was trying to put jeff92 in his place but he was actually right in his point. As far as being on his side??? If you spend any time on the ORG and try to argue with a MOD you will learn to just give up or keep wasting your time.

I guess the Navy doesn't teach you to assess the hole situation before jumping into battle..... Luckily for you, you get to sit in the ocean while others worry about who is assessing the situation.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:05 PM
I'm needing a caw

I still like you guys.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:12 PM

I guess the Navy doesn't teach you to assess the hole situation before jumping into battle..... Luckily for you, you get to sit in the ocean while others worry about who is assessing the situation.
First of all what the hell does this have to do with the Navy?
Second, you ingrate, I have sat on the ocean, for all of my son's birthday's three Christmas’s, his first communion and many other days that ****s like you take for granted...as far as assessing the situation, whatever, If you knew what I did for a living you would cream your pants.
Its people like you who I wish I wasn’t wasting my life for. By the way I am CCNP, CISSP and a slew of other Certs that would give me a good living out of the military, but I'm in the Navy cause I want to be, because it means something. You, your a dork. You have to be a moron for jumping on someone about defending your country. MORON
Old 06-24-2003, 03:13 PM
I'm needing a caw

Old 06-24-2003, 03:24 PM

once again, overshooting..... 7 years infantry slick. I served my time, and I sympathize w/ your position. I was poking at you, not the military or serving.

I guess my inter-military banter wasn't understood on that side..... So I was jumping on you for defending my country? I don't think I bashed you for serving, just messing with you for your branch. When I was in people had fun doing that, guess the new "softer" military is a little too sensitive for that now. Please let me know where I can send a care package so I can get you some fresh tampons

As for you serving, you are the man in my book. I give a big to anyone who has or is serving. The ultimate sacrifice in my book, and I apologize if I have offended you. To me, freedom of speech starts with earning it, not protesting for it. So say what you want bro, I ain’t mad.

By the way, I heard London was a kick @ss duty station.... what do you think?

RB
Old 06-24-2003, 03:24 PM

a car advice site dedicated to people who try and make sports cars out of four door family cars
you jerks gang roast someone for asking a question that’s not cool.
Boy, talk about contradicting yourself. This guy comes on here and asks about porting and polishing (a mod generally reserved for Mustangs, etc). He gets flamed big time by everyone for asking a question about essentially turning his Max into a hot rod. Then, out of the blue, you call us all a bunch of "family car hot rodders".
Old 06-24-2003, 03:25 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

let me make this official...

Old 06-24-2003, 03:48 PM
VQ Wizard

Jeff leave this poor guy alone and stop being a tool. You got your point across to him already.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm needing a caw

Which point?

Originally posted by SR20DEN
Jeff leave this poor guy alone and stop being a tool. You got your point across to him already.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:05 PM
VQ Wizard

Old 06-24-2003, 04:24 PM

once again, overshooting..... 7 years infantry slick. I served my time, and I sympathize w/ your position. I was poking at you, not the military or serving.

I guess my inter-military banter wasn't understood on that side..... So I was jumping on you for defending my country? I don't think I bashed you for serving, just messing with you for your branch. When I was in people had fun doing that, guess the new "softer" military is a little too sensitive for that now. Please let me know where I can send a care package so I can get you some fresh tampons

As for you serving, you are the man in my book. I give a big to anyone who has or is serving. The ultimate sacrifice in my book, and I apologize if I have offended you. To me, freedom of speech starts with earning it, not protesting for it. So say what you want bro, I ain’t mad.

By the way, I heard London was a kick @ss duty station.... what do you think?

RB
Nothing wrong with INTER military banter...London sucks (for a duty station) The city is great but I spent 8 years on a ship (back to back sea tours) and this was suppose to be a break! Nothin nice!
As far as my Tampons..I only use pads (sticky side which way?) Send them to the HQ building London (send some twinkies too, they don't sell them here!!!)
And since your a ex-marine I am sorry To you and the person typing for you, that I used big words in my out side voice. You guys are special. Semper Fi!
http://www.theonion.com/onion3502/ve...al_forces.html

And asu174 go back and read the names at the top of each post...then come back and read yours...hmmmm dosn't make sence huh? thats OK. you tried.
And Jeff... How did we get off you? Talk to you later.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:38 PM

And asu174 go back and read the names at the top of each post...then come back and read yours...hmmmm dosn't make sence huh? thats OK. you tried.
I figured you wouldn't get my point. I will put it in lamens terms.

1. Newbie posts thread about how he can essentially make his car a hot rod.
2. Newbie gets flamed.
3. In a lame attempt to defend newbie, beemreatr says that we are all losers because we all try to turn our family cars into hot rods. He also says that we should be understanding towards newbies and their silly questions.
4. beemreatr doesn't realize that the entire reason he got flamed in the first place was because the NEWBIE was the one talking about turning his car into a hot rod.

Get it now? Your entire post was ironic.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:38 PM

ha ha ha ha I am rolling on the Fking ground. That was the funniest link I have seen this year. OMG that was funny. The short plane is what sent me to the floor.

By the way I was in the Army. (One step up the DNA pool ) It sucks to hear that you have been out for so long. You deserve some time state-side. That is actually why I got out, my new son was less than a yr old and I was set to hit Korea for 1 and Bosnia for 2. I had to make my departure. Keep on doing what you are doing big guy, I wish more people had the heart to take your place.

With those certs and more important your 'actual' experience, you really should look at getting out. If you want to slip into the DC area hit me up. I have many connections in the area from Oracle to hosting companies. I can pass your stuff around. Just let me know anytime.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:43 PM

If I were to get out I think the DC area is where I would be. I have a TS/SCI clearence and I heard that contracting companies eat them up. I am at my 10 year mark now and if I stay its going to be for 20. I haven't really looked at jobs cause I think my wife is really pulling for me to stay in ..Navy=steady job. Thanks for the offer though...I might have a new plan next week!

ha ha ha ha I am rolling on the Fking ground. That was the funniest link I have seen this year. OMG that was funny. The short plane is what sent me to the floor.

By the way I was in the Army. (One step up the DNA pool ) It sucks to hear that you have been out for so long. You deserve some time state-side. That is actually why I got out, my new son was less than a yr old and I was set to hit Korea for 1 and Bosnia for 2. I had to make my departure. Keep on doing what you are doing big guy, I wish more people had the heart to take your place.

With those certs and more important your 'actual' experience, you really should look at getting out. If you want to slip into the DC area hit me up. I have many connections in the area from Oracle to hosting companies. I can pass your stuff around. Just let me know anytime.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:57 PM

Old 06-25-2003, 12:08 AM

Old 06-25-2003, 12:35 AM

op: op: op:
Old 06-25-2003, 05:10 AM
Blu
the tits

Old 06-25-2003, 08:44 AM
I'm needing a caw

Yes, as usual the lemmings are too late. Show's over folks, nothing to see, move along now doggies, stop gawking and holding up traffic.....
Old 06-25-2003, 10:26 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Yes, as usual the lemmings are too late. Show's over folks, nothing to see, move along now doggies, stop gawking and holding up traffic.....
server busy

Quick Reply: Port And Polish?