5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

How come there's no Kills/Race Stories forum?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 01:46 PM
LithiuMax

How come there's no Kills/Race Stories forum?

300ZXClub has a forum where people post race and kill stories and it's pretty damn fun to read. Unless I am mistaken, there is nothing like that here at the org, and I think it would be a cool forum to have. Thoughts?

Old 06-29-2003, 02:00 PM

"No discussions of street racing will be tolerated."

Is usually the general rule of thumb around here. .Org GOD's dont really condone it.

I would like to see a Kill Stories forum.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:03 PM
Banned

Then we could brag about all of the civics and del sol's we kill!.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:07 PM

The .ORG doesnt want to be promote street racing which could get them in trouble i guess....

I would like to see a Kill forum.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:09 PM

Thing is, as long as its the weekend, the race stories are allowed. IMO a seperate section would be a pretty good idea, people who are against streetracing could just stay out of the forum and they wouldn't need to see the stories in "General Maxima Discussion" or "X Generation"
Old 06-29-2003, 03:58 PM
lcf

Street racing is illegal and threads about them aren't allowed on the forum... unless of course you've been on the .org a long time and go to all the meets. Heh.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:07 PM
rilla dope

I generally think kill stories are for children and max owners that want to feel cool. Yeah, the car can be fast, but take it to the track, I've had too many of you f@gs almost kill me for more than one lifetime. I've seen more than my share of serious injury due to racing lamers so excuse me if I don't think the small **** forum is a good idea.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:34 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

also, street racing threads are just stupid. I dont wanna hear how some 2001 AE beat a supercharged mustang that wasnt even racing. Too much BS comes out of street racing, and i bet we would have more trolls on the site anyway. Real racing is on the track, where it belongs...

Old 06-29-2003, 05:02 PM
LithiuMax

I seemed to have ****ed in 92 SE-R's and releasedtruth's Cheerios this morning. My apologies.

Old 06-29-2003, 05:05 PM

haha - dude who cares about street racing i mean come on, if people want to discuss it let them - its part of owning a faster car ( 02+ ) - anyways i think it would be a good idea since last night we found a good spot on a backroad where people just park on the side of the road and race its a pretty nice 1/4 mile strip, i went there last night and wasted this hatchback with a GSR swap - after that everyone was like whoa, and challenged me all night - damn rice'uhs ( super trooper salute )
Old 06-29-2003, 05:39 PM
rilla dope

I'm just arguing that the Maxima community is more adult and refined than the typical Integra/Civic forum, older owners, family men and women. Racing is great when its done responsibly. I personally saw the result of a street race where an old Charger hit a cement retaining wall head on at 100+ Back axle and front axle were probably 2 ft apart... Probably buried him in the car.

Plenty of guys race and that's fine, but if it ever causes anyone harm and I'm on your jury, you can butter up that cornhole cause I'll be dropping justice
Old 06-29-2003, 06:08 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

Originally posted by releasedtruth
but if it ever causes anyone harm and I'm on your jury, you can butter up that cornhole cause I'll be dropping justice
and

Old 06-29-2003, 07:17 PM

Originally posted by releasedtruth
Plenty of guys race and that's fine, but if it ever causes anyone harm and I'm on your jury, you can butter up that cornhole cause I'll be dropping justice

Old 06-29-2003, 08:01 PM

i dont have beef with street racing because if someone has a nice spirited run with a car i think is close to me speed-wise, id like to know the outcome. for instance, a tl vs max race. from lets say a 0-50 race. any idiot who gets killed doing that deserves it. as long ad the street is empty there is no excuse for a mistake. we dont drive 60's pos muscle cars that have no control. now races at illegal speeds are a no no.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:43 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

sometimes kill stories end up with some actual technical information or have some other redeeming factor. That has nothing to do with who the member is, its just that members who consistantly bring facts and good info tend to be the ones you may think are favored. No, no favoritism, they just bring something to the thread that keeps it alive.

all the mods have different takes, I tend not to have a use for the stories where as other mods find them entertaining... But we will always delete anything we see glorifying street racing or posted simply to incite arguements as many kill stories are.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:49 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Originally posted by 02 SunliTMaxima
haha - dude who cares about street racing i mean come on, if people want to discuss it let them - its part of owning a faster car ( 02+ )( super trooper salute )
I take offense to this comment. I may not have 255/265hp but I have my fair share of fun. Granted I may not blow the doors off of every GT mustang I pull next to but I can guarantee I can and will push my car harder around any turn/corner/sweeper than anyone here or anywhere else no matter what they drive.

/on soap box
As for the "kills" forum I have to agree that it would be immature and bring more trolls here just to argue. I have to honestly say I like the mature atmosphere here and was somewhat dissapointed at the last Houston meet with some people acting like 16 year old civic owners. (<---not meant to offend, just my opinion.) There were children around, mine included that didn't need the added risk no matter how small or insignificant. If you want to post "kills" find a local forum like ICCH .
/off soap box
Old 06-29-2003, 10:50 PM

if u got something to share - goto the NE forum, and make sure its a weekend as someone already said
Old 06-30-2003, 08:37 AM

The Icch forum is mostly a bunch of young ricer kids that talk crap. Yes there are some nice guys like benny akapsycho and AJ but most of them dont even go the the meets and just post **** talking threads.

ICCH sucks!
Old 06-30-2003, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by wantasupra3
The Icch forum is mostly a bunch of young ricer kids that talk crap. Yes there are some nice guys like benny akapsycho and AJ but most of them dont even go the the meets and just post **** talking threads.

ICCH sucks!
I was just using ICCH as an example that was local to me. Perfect example of what a "kills" thread would do to this board. Perfect example of what I don't want here.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:43 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

I don't even read kill stories anymore. If I was into fiction, I would read Orwell's 1984.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

For all you kids that want a street race forum, I’ll say this one more time:

Such threads, besides satisfying your adolescent need to boast, do nothing more than encourage a stupid and dangerous practice. This in turn, when considering how impressionable you are, can lead to someone, you or another org member perhaps, getting killed or killing someone else on the road.

A long shot? Perhaps, but it’s still worth it. You see, we value your life more than you do. And that’s the primary reason we don’t want such a forum.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:21 PM

Originally posted by Magellan
&amp;#65279;For all you kids that want a street race forum, I’ll say this one more time:

Such threads, besides satisfying your adolescent need to boast, do nothing more than encourage a stupid and dangerous practice. This in turn, when considering how impressionable you are, can lead to someone, you or another org member perhaps, getting killed or killing someone else on the road.

A long shot? Perhaps, but it’s still worth it. You see, we value your life more than you do. And that’s the primary reason we don’t want such a forum.
Well said.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:34 PM
LithiuMax

I didn't realize how many older folks were on this forum. I have had 2 friends die in racing related accidents, and another that was in a hospital for 3 weeks (he is OK now), so I know what that's all about.

As far as being "impressionable" goes - unless 14 year olds drive Maximas and post on the org, you are talking to the wrong people. I am 20 and I can easily distinguish between something right and something wrong, whether or not it's "cool" or "exciting."

Old 06-30-2003, 01:39 PM

Ok...Its offical...NO KILL/RACE FORUM!!!

Old 06-30-2003, 03:32 PM

So there I was, in my car with 4 half naked women, when an '01 Mustang GT pulled up beside me at the red light....just kidding
Old 06-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by TimW
sometimes kill stories end up with some actual technical information or have some other redeeming factor. That has nothing to do with who the member is, its just that members who consistantly bring facts and good info tend to be the ones you may think are favored. No, no favoritism, they just bring something to the thread that keeps it alive.

all the mods have different takes, I tend not to have a use for the stories where as other mods find them entertaining... But we will always delete anything we see glorifying street racing or posted simply to incite arguements as many kill stories are.
Thats why I only race zero to whatever the speed limit is-
Insurance points are not kool- too old 4 that shyt! Ricers
can bring their titles to the track if they wanna race-
Unless they're drivin' leases
Old 06-30-2003, 04:52 PM
rilla dope

You can get a ticket for racing to the speed limit too. If you break traction especially, po po ticket that for sure. Savages they can be...
Old 06-30-2003, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by asu174
I don't even read kill stories anymore. If I was into fiction, I would read Orwell's 1984.
I hear ya, so much of it is bull and made up its pathetic, especially on my350z.com. Every challenge is a LS1 powered car and the Z wins 99% of the time its so many other cars out their,lol!
Old 06-30-2003, 05:28 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally posted by Rob'sAE

...but I can guarantee I can and will push my car harder around any turn/corner/sweeper than anyone here or anywhere else no matter what they drive...
Talk about mature

There's something in the news every night about kids racing on what they THOUGHT was a quiet street, only to hit some old lady walking her dog.

How about we just grow up and drive our cars for enjoyment, not to race.
Old 06-30-2003, 05:39 PM

Cars are bulit to drive... if you want to race, RACE... if you want to chill, CHILL,....if you want to cruise, then CRUISE.... its all about to you... We are not going to baby around the youngsters...

But lets face it,,, on the STReet anything goes
Old 06-30-2003, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
Talk about mature

There's something in the news every night about kids racing on what they THOUGHT was a quiet street, only to hit some old lady walking her dog.

/ON SOAP BOX/
I hope you realize I was not talking about doing this in a neighborhood. The corners I go to don't have so much as a building or even street signs for that matter. There is also this thing called a "pass thru" that some people practice... Unless you have NEVER gunned it next to another car, driven over the speed limit, taken a corner at the posted speed limit, or driven your car to redline don't preach to me about mature driving. I haven't nailed anyone for racing or acting stupid, we all have our moments. I just sarcasticly explained that he was not correct in assuming that only 2k2+'s were fast and that even I can have fun in my "slow" 2k1. The other thing I wrote was my opinion on why not to have a "kills" forum, again no bashing of anyone.

Who are you to say how I am to enjoy my car. If I so pleased I could race every motorized vehicle on the road if that is what I enjoyed. I don't race everything, nor do I condone racing everything. But, there are instances where I might enjoy some competition or what not. (everyone does) That is still none of your business as to how I might enjoy my car.

The point is that I would rater not see a "kills" forum on the .orgy becasue I feel that it would not behoove the community. I would also not like to see any form of condolence towards street racing wether it be a forum or the discussion of. I am not telling people what they can or can not do, just voicing my opinion on what I feel is important to the community.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:29 PM

Talk about mature

Funny, I never hear that.. but i alway hear about old ladies hitting kids walking on the street. Its time for payback. We hit now.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:19 AM

some old drivers with a big as@ crown vic can do/be a lot more danger then a young kid driving an integra
Old 07-01-2003, 12:57 AM

yeah i know, that rice cant take that hit. If cities would have tracks that resembled streets that anyone can go to, that would be helpful... and if it was free it would be even better. Otherwise, theyll keep going to the abandoned streets where old ladies wait to get hit and collect insurance checks.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:46 AM
It's chrome alright...

Oxidizer2k, your first one was funnier.... stick with that.

Rob'sAE, I don't care what you do or where you do it. I was noticing your comment on how immature some people can be but then you go on to say you can drive better than all 20,000 members here. There are guys who go to the 1/4 a few times/week and get dozens of passes in, there are guys who auto-x their max, there are guys who mod and put hundreds of hours in their cars, but yes, you "guarantee (you) can and will push (your) car harder around any turn/corner/sweeper than anyone here or anywhere else no matter what they drive..." Talk about maturity then make a boast like that... ok, you're right.

All I'm saying is let's keep the racing at the track and try to grow up a little

AND FIX YOUR DAMN STATUS TITLE .... it's "You're" not "Your"!
Old 07-01-2003, 07:54 AM

Maybe I was a little over zealous when I wrote that sentance....

AND FIX YOUR DAMN STATUS TITLE .... it's &quot;You're&quot; not &quot;Your&quot;!
Old 07-01-2003, 08:01 AM
It's chrome alright...

Don't you own a spell- and grammar-checker? ... sentence, by the way...

If you want, you can email me your posts and I'll check them for you. I'm embarassed for you.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:20 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This is my other forums "Racing" section,Racing we, (the regulars) all get a kick out of it. We, as adults over there can all appreciate that forum for what it is, pure fluff, thats all.

Its a way to pass the day by reading ridiculous racing stories. If you want tehnical discussions, we have those forums available as well, but sometimes, its great to read some of these kills

Our site makes a distinction that we don't support it, and never will, and that the responsibility of the "stories" that go on over there are purely on the participants, and not the site.

These are some of the announcements I have 'stuck' at the top of that forum as to what can go on in there.

Announcement #1

Announcement #2

Announcement #3

Again, we all take that whole forum in jest, watching some of those folks in there post some ridiculous things makes the day go by faster
Old 07-01-2003, 08:31 AM
jjs

Originally posted by Sam03
This is my other forums &quot;Racing&quot; section,Racing we, (the regulars) all get a kick out of it. We, as adults over there can all appreciate that forum for what it is, pure fluff, thats all.

Its a way to pass the day by reading ridiculous racing stories. If you want tehnical discussions, we have those forums available as well, but sometimes, its great to read some of these kills

Our site makes a distinction that we don't support it, and never will, and that the responsibility of the &quot;stories&quot; that go on over there are purely on the participants, and not the site.

These are some of the announcements I have 'stuck' at the top of that forum as to what can go on in there.

Announcement #1

Announcement #2

Announcement #3

Again, we all take that whole forum in jest, watching some of those folks in there post some ridiculous things makes the day go by faster

Excellent annoucements!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 08:35 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by jjs

Excellent annoucements!!!
Thanks

Quick Reply: How come there's no Kills/Race Stories forum?