5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nitrous and warranty.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 05:46 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Nitrous and warranty.

Question for the folks on here running nitrous. I'm noticing a number of people running it on more or less new cars. Am I correct in assuming you do most of the work on the car yourselves? Do you take the nitrous setup off when you take the car to the dealer, or do some dealers simply ignore the nitrous setup and perform work anyway?
Old 08-17-2003, 10:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Nitrous and warranty.

Originally posted by -Red-
Question for the folks on here running nitrous. I'm noticing a number of people running it on more or less new cars. Am I correct in assuming you do most of the work on the car yourselves? Do you take the nitrous setup off when you take the car to the dealer, or do some dealers simply ignore the nitrous setup and perform work anyway?
I'm not a nitrous guy myself, but I'm pretty sure that Nitrous isn't street legal. With that said, I doubt that the dealer would just ignore it. Especially a Nissan dealer.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:14 PM
mjg

do what you want to your car. Don't let the pitiful warranty get in your way, they give you crap over everythign anyways when you have it 'fixed' under warranty. My 5 year warranty was a waste.

That said if you go in there and have something fixed, and they try and relate it to your nitrous, say "prove it" and if that is not enough to inspire them to fix any arbitrary problem that should be unrelated, go somewhere else.

I don't think you should be discouraged over the stupid warranty. Nissan Service SUCKS! (usually)

The few who have had excellent places to go, I wish I had one... Mine personally sucks. Maybe yours won't anyways? Who knows.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Well, so far I have been impressed with service I got from the dealership where I take my car. While some frowned and downright refused to touch my car simply because of the catback, and springs, Autoway Nissan in Saint Pete has been pretty good to me (not sure how they are going to react to the CAI) but so far 95% of my interactions with them have been positive. I like to do maintenance type of work on the car myself, but I'm concerned that that if I do get nitrous, it will be a straw that breaks the dealership's back and I'm going to end up having to find another shop willing to work on my car, and finding a decent one is usually a pain. I'd like to know if anyone has taken their car to a dealership after having installed nitrous, and the type of reaction they got from the service department, so I will have an idea as to what to expect.