5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Best suspension setup?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 10:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Best suspension setup?

Hi guys, just wanna say this board rocks!

I recently upgraded from a 98 Integra GSR to an 02 Max 6spd! So I'm new to the Maxima scene...

I'm curious to what suspension setup (springs/shocks) is the "best bang for the buck" for my max. I'm thinking like about a 2" drop or something... let me know what you guys think.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:04 AM

a lot of people like the tiens b/c the drop (do a search) but the shock that will stay with these and not where out is the koni's or the kyb agx's(from cattman). Tokico is coming out with the lumina's for the max sometime in the fall. they are suppose to be quality shocks and should work well with the tiens. All the shocks that i have listed are adjustable. Also if you are willing to lighten up on the drop then you can kyb gr-2's or tokico blues. they all run around $300. now you can also get agjustable springs by ground control but i have heard that the quality of the tiens is much higher if you base it on just the spring itself. You could always cut your springs but that is ghetto and I do not support that idea. then there is coilovers. Tien makes them and so does JIC magic. but those are like $1000+. I like the tien coilovers b/c you can electronicaly adjust the dampening from inside the car. This option cost a little more but it is big pimping. Just write back if you have any question.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Luquire
a lot of people like the tiens b/c the drop (do a search) but the shock that will stay with these and not where out is the koni's or the kyb agx's(from cattman). Tokico is coming out with the lumina's for the max sometime in the fall. they are suppose to be quality shocks and should work well with the tiens. All the shocks that i have listed are adjustable. Also if you are willing to lighten up on the drop then you can kyb gr-2's or tokico blues. the all run around $300. no you can also get agjustable springs by ground control but i have heard that the quality of the tiens is much higher if you base it on just the spring itself. You could always cut your springs but that is ghetto and I do not support the idea. then there is coilovers. Tien makes them and so does JIC magic. but those are like $1000+. I like the tien coilovers b/c you can electronicaly adjust the dampening from inside the car. This option cost a little more but it is big pimping. Just write back if you have any question.
welcome to the org!! from searching i've found that tien, progress(which i got) and sprint have the lowest drops. a lot of people also went with the kyb gr-2's for drops about as low as yours and have had no problems. theres a lot to be found when u search for lowering springs and narrow it down to 5th gen...have fun with the new maxi!!
Old 09-17-2003, 02:40 PM

not a big drop and still a comfortable ride is with the H&Rs and KYB-GR2

reallly smooth handling compared to stock
Old 09-17-2003, 03:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What could be better than riding on air?