5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

anybody have a cd copy for a service manual on a 2K2?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 06:47 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

anybody have a cd copy for a service manual on a 2K2?

I want to try and fix my pinging problem on my own since Nissan has their head up their pooper. Anybody have a copy of a service manual or know where to get one cheap?

Thanks
Old 10-17-2003, 08:15 PM

You can register for one day (it costs $20) at this website http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/nissa...ku=&dept%5Fid=
They have manuals for all nissan and infinity viehicles. So, if you want you can get all of them or just one for that 20 bucks.
Oh, and I've seen 350z manual on emule, but no maximas yet.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:59 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Originally Posted by maximadave
I want to try and fix my pinging problem on my own since Nissan has their head up their pooper. Anybody have a copy of a service manual or know where to get one cheap?

Thanks
I've seen some on Ebay.

YGM
Old 10-18-2003, 06:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I got mine off E-bay for 8 bucks + shipping. It is a complete manual, I'm satisfied.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by kcowden
I got mine off E-bay for 8 bucks + shipping. It is a complete manual, I'm satisfied.
I did the same.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by maximadave

Thanks
check your pm ...
Old 10-18-2003, 06:26 PM

i'd also like to have a 2k2 esm
i got one from the net a couple of months ago, but it turned out to be for a 2k, which is quite different..
Old 10-19-2003, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by RusoTuristo
i'd also like to have a 2k2 esm
i got one from the net a couple of months ago, but it turned out to be for a 2k, which is quite different..
you too ...
Old 10-20-2003, 11:19 AM

Service Manual

Originally Posted by Max_5gen
you too ...
So, Hm lets see!!! Since were all together here in the Maxima.Org maybe someonbe would be nice enough to send that manual via email to people that ask or put it on a server where we can download it. We all know Nissan charges an arm and a leg for anything. What does everyone think?
Old 10-20-2003, 11:21 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by hct67
So, Hm lets see!!! Since were all together here in the Maxima.Org maybe someonbe would be nice enough to send that manual via email to people that ask or put it on a server where we can download it. We all know Nissan charges an arm and a leg for anything. What does everyone think?

Sure, if you volunteer to pay my legal costs and bail money for hosting it...
Old 10-20-2003, 12:44 PM

Twenty dollars is an "arm and a leg"?
Old 10-20-2003, 06:37 PM

Bail and Legal Costs

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Sure, if you volunteer to pay my legal costs and bail money for hosting it...
Hmmmmmmmmm wonder why you would need Bail? Legal Fees? Lets see, unless your making a profit off of the item which is copy righted theress no worry about legal fees or bail. But if you were to make copies , professional copies and seel them, then indeed you would have to worry about Legal Fee's and Bail. What I am saying is that if I brought something, like the CD and decided to post it online or even send it to a friend, I could not be charged as there is no crime. Just like in the 5th generation where there are links to TSB's. You have to buy them to see them, they are not free!!!! People download them here so others can view them without the worry of being sued, legal fee's and bail.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger Talon
Twenty dollars is an "arm and a leg"?
Well, yes these days twenty dollors is something. A full tank of gas for example. Anyways, if you have nothing positive to say don't bother. You will learn that most people , i repeat most people on the Maxima.Org sight try to help others. If I had a copy of it , I would email it to anyone who ask not a problem asked. So when you ask for some assistance or help on the sight, maybe the person should charge you, lets see, whats the going rate for just bringing a car to a auto shop or dealer. lets say $80. Would you feel ok with paying $80 for an idea, some assistance or help here? Don't bother answering, I am sure you wouldn't!!!
Old 10-20-2003, 08:12 PM

It's not possible to email it, as the file is 41MB in size. Instead, try emule. I think there is a copy available right now. Look for nissan maxima 2002 service manual. It's a rar file.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:56 PM

whats emule? a site?
Old 10-20-2003, 09:35 PM
tEh Hope

Hmmmmmmmmm wonder why you would need Bail? Legal Fees? Lets see, unless your making a profit off of the item which is copy righted theress no worry about legal fees or bail. But if you were to make copies , professional copies and seel them, then indeed you would have to worry about Legal Fee's and Bail. What I am saying is that if I brought something, like the CD and decided to post it online or even send it to a friend, I could not be charged as there is no crime. Just like in the 5th generation where there are links to TSB's. You have to buy them to see them, they are not free!!!! People download them here so others can view them without the worry of being sued, legal fee's and bail.

TSB's are publicly released. These service manuals are not public. You pay a subscription fee to view them. If you offer them on a public domain that is viewable on the internet without Nissan's permission then Nissan has every legal right to sue you for illegal distribution of their "intellectual" property. Even the ones sold on Ebay are illegally distributed (for profit)... those guys got some kahunas.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:58 PM

Emule is a program like Kazaa or Napster. You can get it from http://www.emule-project.net/index.php?s=downloads. I suggest you get the binary version because all you have to do is unzip. The program is ready to use without installing anything. It is located at
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/emule/eMule0.30b.zip
Old 10-21-2003, 05:05 PM

Well, yes these days twenty dollors is something. A full tank of gas for example. Anyways, if you have nothing positive to say don't bother. You will learn that most people , i repeat most people on the Maxima.Org sight try to help others. If I had a copy of it , I would email it to anyone who ask not a problem asked. So when you ask for some assistance or help on the sight, maybe the person should charge you, lets see, whats the going rate for just bringing a car to a auto shop or dealer. lets say $80. Would you feel ok with paying $80 for an idea, some assistance or help here? Don't bother answering, I am sure you wouldn't!!!
Twenty dollars is an extremely reasonable price for the amount of information that can be obtained. If you cannot realize that, you need to grow up. And if anyone here were to perform a service for me that is equivalent to that which would cost $80 if performed by a shop, I would have no problem at all paying for it.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:16 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Twenty dollars is an extremely reasonable price for the amount of information that can be obtained. If you cannot realize that, you need to grow up. And if anyone here were to perform a service for me that is equivalent to that which would cost $80 if performed by a shop, I would have no problem at all paying for it.

I agree, it's a reasonable price assuming you're going to use it.
And I don't know where you guys live, but $20 doesn't fill my gas tank...hehe.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:43 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Originally Posted by jaco
It's not possible to email it, as the file is 41MB in size. Instead, try emule. I think there is a copy available right now. Look for nissan maxima 2002 service manual. It's a rar file.
I have been looking, haven't found one yet. Didn't know anyone on here uses eMule. I kindof like it that it is not well known.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:13 PM

Thanks, well I will grow up but then I would have to take all the mods off my car, paint it gold and put florida plates on it. Oh yes, get my hair colored grey and drive 40 in a 50 mph zone. Come one, if I had the manual, I would send it to anyone who wanted it.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:20 PM

hct67, aren't you a cop?

just kidding sharing is in our human nature, it's perfectly normal

Rob try this link. Put it in your emule's search portion and hit start.

ed2k://|file|Nissan.Maxima.2002.service.manual.rar|430341 32|F12CFF6C5A10EC05A2F3E163B776557F|/