5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

ATTN: russ2kse.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 07:19 PM

my uncle is considering buying my cousin a sentra, and since you have one, i would like to get your opinions on it. before you bought the sentra, did you consider any other cars of that class? my uncle is thinking of buying her a sentra, civic, corolla, or a protege. he wants to buy a nissan since he has to max's (88 gxe, 2k1 AE).
thanks
Old 02-18-2001, 07:28 PM
RussMaxManiac

Well, basically the reasons for getting the Sentra over other small cars, is because of the price and things you get. I looked at Golf's, SI's mainly. The price just couldn't be beat. The car hasn;t given me any mechanical problems at all. It now has 7200 miles, and drives great. It has had several cosmetic problems, interior stuff like sun visors sagging, RPM tach white background peeling up, glove box poping out, but since that has all been fixed, nothing else has gone wrong. When does your cousin plan on getting it? If they could wait a bit longer I would get the SE-R when it comes out, its the same car with alot more hp and will not be more than 18k. The SE model (mine) is discontinued now, the se-r takes its place. http://www.b15sentra.net has alot of info...enjoy

Originally posted by slick
my uncle is considering buying my cousin a sentra, and since you have one, i would like to get your opinions on it. before you bought the sentra, did you consider any other cars of that class? my uncle is thinking of buying her a sentra, civic, corolla, or a protege. he wants to buy a nissan since he has to max's (88 gxe, 2k1 AE).
thanks

Old 02-18-2001, 07:41 PM

well....

my cousin is a girl, and she doesn't care about hp and that performance stuff, so se-r is not on her list. she's planning on getting one in the next week or two, she just turned 16 and wants a car. i recommended the sentra cause i think it looks really nice and has good power and options for a low cost. i heard that the se version has the limited slip differential thing that the max AE has, is this true?
Old 02-18-2001, 07:44 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: well....

Originally posted by slick
my cousin is a girl, and she doesn't care about hp and that performance stuff, so se-r is not on her list. she's planning on getting one in the next week or two, she just turned 16 and wants a car. i recommended the sentra cause i think it looks really nice and has good power and options for a low cost. i heard that the se version has the limited slip differential thing that the max AE has, is this true?
Yes, it does. That is why I can get 2.2 60fts or better with street tires :P