5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Injured 03 Maxima SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 03:45 PM

Injured 03 Maxima SE

Well, I come out of the store the other day and what do I see!!!! An injured MAXIMA!!! I was ****ed, the passengers side door all dented in. The worst thing about this Maxima is to fix it, they have to re-paint the whole side of the car so it will blend in otherwise it will look like hell. So i took it to a few places and the price's ranged from Maaco $1100.00 to another place nearby, a local place very well known for good work and that was $2000.00 The only good thing is that my insurance company deals with this place and the work is Guaranteed for the life of the car. The only real bummer I am ****ed about and it's my own fault is my deductible is $1000.00 Well, I never get into accidents and being a Police Officer, I don't get any tickets so I got insurance with a high deductible. Now I will be without my Maxima for 5 to 7 days!!!!! Damn to, I just got my Gauge Rings, My Reverse Indiglow Gauges, My Brushed Aluminum Bezel and My New K&N Reverse Conical Universal Air Filter

P.S. I did have a few speeding & carless driving tickets before I decided to become a Police Officer!!!

Well here are some photos of the damage, can you believe this is $2000 worth of damage?

Old 10-21-2003, 04:03 PM

Ouch, that looks painful. Be sure to post before / after pics. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

dont you just wish you could have seen who did that. sorry to see it. i cant believe people will just drive away like that. i just had a piece of plywood hit my front end for 1800 bucks of damage. at least i have no more paint chips and a freshly painted bumper and hood!
Old 10-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

Man, that $ucks. It's amazing how expensive repairs are. Hope it works out for ya...
Old 10-21-2003, 04:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Damn! Sorry bro- when you least expect it, last thing one needs is that type of aggravation-
I'm sure it'll look like new soon- Good luck!
Old 10-21-2003, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by hct67
Well, I come out of the store the other day and what do I see!!!! An injured MAXIMA!!! I was ****ed, the passengers side door all dented in. The worst thing about this Maxima is to fix it, they have to re-paint the whole side of the car so it will blend in otherwise it will look like hell. So i took it to a few places and the price's ranged from Maaco $1100.00 to another place nearby, a local place very well known for good work and that was $2000.00 The only good thing is that my insurance company deals with this place and the work is Guaranteed for the life of the car. The only real bummer I am ****ed about and it's my own fault is my deductible is $1000.00 Well, I never get into accidents and being a Police Officer, I don't get any tickets so I got insurance with a high deductible. Now I will be without my Maxima for 5 to 7 days!!!!! Damn to, I just got my Gauge Rings, My Reverse Indiglow Gauges, My Brushed Aluminum Bezel and My New K&N Reverse Conical Universal Air Filter

P.S. I did have a few speeding & carless driving tickets before I decided to become a Police Officer!!!

Well here are some photos of the damage, can you believe this is $2000 worth of damage?

Bro that sucks man but why would they have to repaint the whole side on a new car, your car is still new so they should just have to repaint the new door. Donot let them repaint the whole side, also donot go to Maaco that is low class/cheap paint that will peel and fade in a year.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Bro that sucks man but why would they have to repaint the whole side on a new car, your car is still new so they should just have to repaint the new door. Donot let them repaint the whole door, also donot go to Maaco that is low class/cheap paint that will peel and fade in a year.
I agree, I wouldn't go to Maaco myself. You're lucky in that the damage is limited to the the door panel only.

Good luck...
Old 10-21-2003, 05:25 PM

You should try to find another Maxima that is your color that is in the junk yard and just swap doors. Thats what I did, but it took a while to find one. I'll e-mail you this junk yard site that will ship you the door if one comes in there yard. They have 40 junk yards over the US and will ship anywhere.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:39 PM

I had a similar incident. The passenger side quarter panel, rear and front door were dented and scraped down to the metal- all while I was shopping. Then, I was driving on the Van Wyck, and a 1'x1' square piece of plywood shot up from the car in front of me and landed between my hood and grill (at least I didnt lose my windshield). And to top it off, some teeneager on a bike rams right into my passenger side fender and runs off (its good that he did because I would have ended up in jail for something so stupid). All in all got it all fixed and about a month later some jack@$$ smashes my driver side. Anyways, all fixed now. Hope everything works out better for you.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:02 PM

Bro that sucks man but why would they have to repaint the whole side on a new car, your car is still new so they should just have to repaint the new door. Donot let them repaint the whole side, also donot go to Maaco that is low class/cheap paint that will peel and fade in a year.

aint that a Bi*ch... sorry man
Old 10-21-2003, 06:20 PM

they need to repaint the whole side or at least part of the other panels so the paint will blend in nicely and not stick out like a sore thumb
Old 10-21-2003, 06:23 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by redstradic
they need to repaint the whole side or at least part of the other panels so the paint will blend in nicely and not stick out like a sore thumb
Yes, thats why its costing so much. They are going to paint from the front bumper to the rear bumper!!!! I knew that the color of that car would be very hard to paint without blending it in!!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 06:27 PM

Can't

They have to blend in the paint, with the color of sterling mist they have to blend it otherwise it will be very noticable!!!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:37 PM

I thought you dont have to pay deductible, then its not your foult. Isnt it ?
Old 10-21-2003, 07:48 PM

I feel your pain. Hope it all works out.

Pedro
Old 10-21-2003, 07:54 PM

youre a pretty cool police officer with all them mods on your max...
Old 10-21-2003, 09:55 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by Gooey
youre a pretty cool police officer with all them mods on your max...
Hey thanks alot, just to let you know, Police love fast cars and hot looking cars too.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:46 PM

That's some damage. I would cry if my max was freaked up or something. I take care of my max better than my girl. lol.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:15 PM

i have yet to get pulled over for the polarg bulbs on my sides and no front licence plate but eventually itll happen....they just decide to pull over the ricers first no one expects a maxima
Old 10-21-2003, 11:23 PM
Banned

+ = perp in prison and become and for obvious reasons
Old 10-21-2003, 11:31 PM

Hey thanks alot, just to let you know, Police love fast cars and hot looking cars too.

After all, police are just human beings like us.

~limsandy
Old 10-22-2003, 06:14 AM
Very sound, Mike

$2k for that kind of damage? That seems to be on the highside (Maaco not considering). Do they have to basically replace the whole door?

As for blending, No - they will not repaint the entire side. At most it will be blended into part of the rear door, front fender and maybe towards the roof/pillars.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:17 AM
NT2SHBBY

hct, my twin, now i can see why your HIDs haven't been touched and you live in Jersey.....

Old 10-22-2003, 07:31 PM

Repaint

Originally Posted by soundmike
$2k for that kind of damage? That seems to be on the highside (Maaco not considering). Do they have to basically replace the whole door?

As for blending, No - they will not repaint the entire side. At most it will be blended into part of the rear door, front fender and maybe towards the roof/pillars.
Yes, the whole door is done, they have to replace it as the door frame is bent. it hit just right that it bent it. Also as for blending, they have to do the whole side otherwise it will never work right. I will admit there are a few scratches on that side that needed touching up so it was decided to do the whole side and make it look new again!!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 07:34 PM

Hid

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
hct, my twin, now i can see why your HIDs haven't been touched and you live in Jersey.....
I worry about my HID's every night. When i get up I just hope they are still there. But I will admit, If I do catch someone attempting to take them, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure what I would do or how they would feel. But being a Police officer we do have certain things to assist us with fighting crime and catching people in the act. Damn I could say what I really want to say but I would probably get in trouble. Just lets say, its nice to know that special person Mr. Glock!
Old 10-22-2003, 09:24 PM

Ouch, I don't know why would someone hit and run. That infuriate me that sometimes they should be tried for a felony crime. I hope everything works out for you with the bodyshop. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:21 PM

damn that sux
Old 10-22-2003, 11:22 PM

Dude I hope you are not one of those cops who do nothing but give tickets to people. The cops that hide on busy highways to pull people over just to give them like 10 tickets at once. I don't know but around where I live all the police does it hand out tickets. I was pulled over once and the cop gave me 5 tickets all at once. THese tickets were for the stupidest things. I had a car freshner hanging from the rear view mirror and that was a ticket and he just tagged on more tickets.
Old 10-23-2003, 02:16 AM
Banned

a police officers theory to me was people with dark tints all around are "cop killers" with his hand on his gun for the first five minutes...after that crap...he gave me a tint ticket...a failure to comply with my first tint ticket..and a loud music ticket...then he told me i have half hour to take these tints off...because where i live, the third time you get a tinit ticket they impound your sh*t for 30 days...he gave me my ticket looked at my address again...and said watch out...i may be seeing you in an hour.......SOME cops are a***oles...i hope your not one of them.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:19 AM

Sorry, to see that. I would have the job done properly with the warranty. Your car is beautiful and needs to be returned to original shape. Good luck and post pics when work is complete.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:39 AM
NT2SHBBY

I worry about my HID's every night. When i get up I just hope they are still there. But I will admit, If I do catch someone attempting to take them, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure what I would do or how they would feel. But being a Police officer we do have certain things to assist us with fighting crime and catching people in the act. Damn I could say what I really want to say but I would probably get in trouble. Just lets say, its nice to know that special person Mr. Glock!
9 millys own!

that is all....

Old 10-23-2003, 07:12 PM

Tinted Windows

Well, if you look at my webpage http://maxima.cardomain.com/memberpage/382672
You will see that I also have tinted windows and a few other things that shouldn't be on the car. I am not a cop that likes to give out tickets for tinted windows but I will admit I do use it to pull people over. Its a great way to stop someone and see whats up. I am more worried about DWI, Warrants, Drugs, Weapons and so on then your normal everyday traffic violations. So if I have tinted windows no one I pull over will get a ticket for it. Can't be a double standard cop now can I?
Old 10-25-2003, 10:05 AM
OG and counting...

I feel your pain. The following link is what happened to my '02 back in January. Let's just say that this 'tard was crapping bricks when I caught him 3 days later.

http://www-new.nissanx.com/f0rums/th...1908&boardid=4
Old 10-26-2003, 09:27 PM

Damn that sucks man. Same thing happened to my 97 Grand Prix. They had to cut the door panel off and put a new one on then repaint the side of the car, total cost $1500. Good luck man, look for a totaled max and see if you can buy a door. Chris
Old 10-27-2003, 05:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

That does suck, and believe me I know how expensive it is to work on these cars. I hit something in the road--felt like a pothole and damn if to rims weren't blown out on the drivers side. The rear wheel bearing was shot and so was the trailing arm. I also bumped the curb when I pulled over so it rubbed down the enduro. After all said and done--the bill was $3800. Thank god I only had a $500 deductible. Hope everything turns out as well as it did for me. Oh and go with the reputible body shop, you'll be happier in the long run!