5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

little help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 10:11 PM

little help please

hey i tried a search and came up with nothing. some times my dome light doesnt work. what i mean is that i can open the car sometimes with the keyless entry and the dome light wont go on. and when i shut the car off and pull out the key sometimes it doesnt go on, same thing after you open the door. i am sure it is on AUTO and if i flick it to ON it doesnt work. note this only happens sometimes say 1 out of 5. also the other day i had the light on when i was driving and it flickered for a moment. i dont know if its a short or a bad bulb or a fuse. sorry for the long post but i want to be specific. any help is appreciated thank you
Old 10-26-2003, 10:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

damn thats odd.......
Old 10-27-2003, 08:06 PM

bump..............
Old 10-27-2003, 08:29 PM

dude the same thing is wrong wit mine....but i think i know why mine is screwed up.....well for almost 2 months my sunroof shade has been broken....then it took 1 more month for those f*cks over at the service department to fix it....but then when i get it back the dome doesnt turn on....it does when the door is open tho...so im guessin they mustve hit a wire....good thing its under warranty, buy im too lazy to take it back...considering i just got my maxine back cause my throttle chambr malfunctionrd....o well just thought id let u know about my problems....
Old 10-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rookie514
hey i tried a search and came up with nothing. some times my dome light doesnt work. what i mean is that i can open the car sometimes with the keyless entry and the dome light wont go on. and when i shut the car off and pull out the key sometimes it doesnt go on, same thing after you open the door. i am sure it is on AUTO and if i flick it to ON it doesnt work. note this only happens sometimes say 1 out of 5. also the other day i had the light on when i was driving and it flickered for a moment. i dont know if its a short or a bad bulb or a fuse. sorry for the long post but i want to be specific. any help is appreciated thank you

Probably just a bad bulb. It might be a loose wire because u said it flickered, but the bulb doesnt cost alot of money, if it bothers you that much just buy the replacement. If it still happens, its the wire.I doubt its a fuse because then the light shouldnt work at all
Old 10-27-2003, 09:52 PM

thanx for the replies. its not that it bothers me its just that im worried that one day other stuff wont work, as long as its not a serious problem i dont care