5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Warranty Gold policy?.. Look inside!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Warranty Gold policy?.. Look inside!

Just wanted give a heads up to anyone who has, or is considering purchasing a policy from Warranty Gold. This is a segment of an update I have received today. It was a decent warranty company, I guess it was nice while it lasted. I had 2 Maximas covered by them, it looks like $2400 is out the window.
----------------------------------------------------
NOTE TO ALL HOLDERS OF CONTRACTS SOLD PRIOR TO
JUNE 7, 2003:
ON NOVEMBER 12, 2003, THE BANKRUPTCY COURT
ENTERED AN ORDER AT THE DEBTORS REQUEST
REJECTING ALL EXTENDED WARRANTY CONTRACTS SOLD
BY WARRANTY GOLD PRIOR TO JUNE 7, 2003. IF YOU
WISH TO REQUEST A COPY OF THIS ORDER, YOU MAY DO
SO BY EMAILING REORGANIZATION@WARRANTYGOLD.COM.
TO FILE AN OBJECTION TO THIS ORDER, YOU MUST
FILE THE OBJECTION IN WRITING WITH THE ATTORNEY
FOR THE DEBTOR LISTED ABOVE BY DECEMBER 8, 2002.
DO NOT FILE THE OBJECTION WITH THE BANKRUPTCY
COURT. A STATUS HEARING ON RESPONSES/OBJECTIONS
TO THIS ORDER WILL BE HELD ON DECEMBER 23, 2003
AT 1:30 P.M. IN BANKRUPTCY COURTROOM #1, HOMER
THORNBERRY JUDICIAL BUILDING, 903 SAN JACINTO,
AUSTIN, TEXAS 78701. IT IS NOT NECESSARY FOR
AN OBJECTING OR RESPONDING PARTY TO ATTEND THE
12/23 HEARING AS NO RIGHTS WILL BE DETERMINED
AT THAT TIME. AT THE 12/23 HEARING, THE COURT
WILL ONLY CONSIDER THE PROCEDURE BY WHICH SUCH
OBJECTIONS OR RESPONSES CAN BE SCHEDULED AND
THE TIME FOR FILING CLAIMS RESULTING FROM
REJECTION OF THESE CONTRACTS.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:40 PM

WarrantyDirect.com is the better one...

I suggest if anyone is interested look at it.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:53 AM

SUX BIG TIME!!!

Is this the same warranty that the dealer tries to sell you with a new car, or is that a Nissan warranty?...

G
Old 11-15-2003, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by 02MaXiMa_GLE
SUX BIG TIME!!!

Is this the same warranty that the dealer tries to sell you with a new car, or is that a Nissan warranty?...

G
No, this is a third party warranty company. They were actually pretty cool about getting repairs authorized. I know someone posted earlier that they were having a problem with their previous underwriter, since I had 2 policies with them, I was keeping an eye on what was going on, and yesterday I got the notice regarding the bankruptcy. It seems EVERYONE who purchased a contract before June 7th is essentially screwed. While I'm pretty upset about this, I have filed a number of claims over the period of time I have had my cars, so at least I got some of my money's worth. I can only imagine how the people who bought their policies on June 6th feel. Now the big question is whether I should go out and price out another policy (through someone else of course.)
Old 11-15-2003, 09:33 AM

In case you're considering another co., check out 1sourceautowarranty.com (i think that's their site). My dad bought their top of the line plan upto 80K miles on his Dodge. At first he had trouble finding a dealer who would accept the warr., but he found one eventually and has never had a problem getting claims authorized. He's had about 6-8 claims now on that car at about ~$1500 total. They also have been cool about rental car
reimbursement. It's been worth it.

Most impt. thing to check out before buying one of these things is to first find a dealer who'll accept the warranty..then go out and buy it. If not, it could be a bit.ch tryin to find a dealer who's ok w/aftermarket warr. co's.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by nissan5788
In case you're considering another co., check out 1sourceautowarranty.com (i think that's their site). My dad bought their top of the line plan upto 80K miles on his Dodge. At first he had trouble finding a dealer who would accept the warr., but he found one eventually and has never had a problem getting claims authorized. He's had about 6-8 claims now on that car at about ~$1500 total. They also have been cool about rental car
reimbursement. It's been worth it.

Most impt. thing to check out before buying one of these things is to first find a dealer who'll accept the warranty..then go out and buy it. If not, it could be a bit.ch tryin to find a dealer who's ok w/aftermarket warr. co's.
Cool, might have to look them up. The dealership I take my car to is fairly liberal with accepting third party extended warranties as long as they get paid at the end. Warranty gold simply paid with a credit card over the phone upon approval of the repair. I think a number of other extended warranty companies operate in a similar manner.
At this point I have accepted that I'm out about $2400, but the thing that continues to annoy me is that not only am I out the $$ but that I will actually end up paying more for the new policy all because most extended warranty companies tend to give you the best deal if you still have a remainder of the factory warranty when you enter into a contract.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:34 PM

People willing to spend $120 for their region + + + send me a PM.

G