5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

When is Enough Enough?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

When is Enough Enough?????

I am very frustrated... forgive the rambling....

We have a 01 AE, which in June, we noticed that the kit on the passenger side was a little loose. At the time, it had about 22K on it, so the work would be covered under warranty. I took it to Rosenthal Nissan in VA and was told that the piece could not be tightened, it had to be replaced. They said they would order the part, which did not come painted, and when it was ready, give me a call. I waited a little over a month before calling them. When I finally called, I was told that the piece had been there and someone in the parts department should have called me.

Well I take the car in, drop it off and then get a call from them saying that the piece was not painted, but he is sure he could have it painted, installed and back to me by that afternoon. When I went to get the car, I walked around to the passenger side where I see two paint scratches in the newly painted pieces. I quickly point this out to my service advisor. He apologies, gets me a loaner car and they will fix it immediately. Well, evidently they had to take the piece off to repaint it. When they did this, they scratched the door. It was small, but my husband is **** about his car. I decided to take the car home and let him decide on what to do..

Now cut to October... We notice that the kit is coming loose; you can see the two-sided tape holding the piece on. I decided to take it to another dealership to get it repaired. They tell me they will not repair/replace it, because it looks like someone tried to pull it off....
Back to Rosenthal I go, show my service advisor and he promises to take care of this immediately. That was 10 November. He was going to order the piece, get it painted and call me when I could take the car in. On the 24th he calls to say the piece is in, and surprisingly, it came painted. I made an appointment for Dec 1st. I drop the car off and guess who calls me about two hours later? They ordered the wrong part. The piece was there for over three weeks, no one in that shop decided to actually look at the part before I dropped the car off.

So now, they are going to order the "Right" piece, get it painted and call me when it is ready....Wednesday, the service advisor calls me to say that piece is there and he is sending it to get painted.... Friday evening, he calls to say he just looked at the pieces and they have "pits" in them and he is sending it back to be repainted.

This is going on 8 months to attempt to repair a cosmetic issue. What can I do to get this situation resolved? Will writing a letter do any good? And if so, who do I write a letter to? I think I have been more that patience with them. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Stefnee
Old 12-08-2003, 04:23 PM

Sorry to hear about your service frustrations. Honestly, I would try another service facility for your future service. There is no excuse for this kind of incompetence.

Nissan Service

Good luck
Old 12-08-2003, 04:24 PM
The Definitive AE Master

well, i believe that all the A.E. aero kits come prepainted, so i dunno what happened the first time with that service advisor.

unfortunately for nissan, writing/mailing/calling really doesn't do much. best bet would be to find a better nissan dealer that can do things right (rare find). Or just fix it yourself.

my A.E. kit is holding up fine so far, even after a lady hit me from behind in the parking lot, the back piece is still in place tightly
Old 12-08-2003, 04:25 PM

I would try calling NNA. I don't know if it will necessarily help your case, but you've obviously earned the right to yell at someone.