5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Floor Jack Mount Points

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 10:51 AM

Floor Jack Mount Points

Got me a Craftsman floor jack for Christmas

I plan to put the jack stands in the standard jacking location of the car near the door jams...but where to jack from?

Where on the rear axle can I place the jack? Where on the front suspension can I place the jack?
Old 01-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by 2002 Maxima SE
Got me a Craftsman floor jack for Christmas

I plan to put the jack stands in the standard jacking location of the car near the door jams...but where to jack from?

Where on the rear axle can I place the jack? Where on the front suspension can I place the jack?

For the jack stands, you're not talking about grooved part where the stock tire jack goes are you? Jack stands should go under the silver "humps" next to the tires.

As for the jacking points, for the front, you'll see a place for it (sort of a **** sticking out directly in the middle of the black cover right behind the bumper. For the rear, just put jack under rear axle and lift.

hope that helps
Old 01-14-2004, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by KP ROX
For the jack stands, you're not talking about grooved part where the stock tire jack goes are you? Jack stands should go under the silver "humps" next to the tires.

As for the jacking points, for the front, you'll see a place for it (sort of a **** sticking out directly in the middle of the black cover right behind the bumper. For the rear, just put jack under rear axle and lift.

hope that helps
Thanks!

I took a look under there last night. Tell me if this is it. Looking under the front bumper back toward the rear. Just behind the bumper there are two big bolts (they look copper almost) in between them is a piece of black metal that runs between the two front plastic panels under the engine. The black metal is centered under the engine running front to back (it stops about midway back). At the front of this metal piece is a fold/bend in the metal that sticks down about 3 inches...it has a hole in the middle. Is this the center jacking point? I can take a pic later if that helps.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:24 AM

> For the rear, just put jack under rear axle and lift.

I probably don't need to say this, but,
For those with a rear sway bar under the axle, either take it off (pain in the behind) or find another jack point.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by 2002 Maxima SE
Thanks!

I took a look under there last night. Tell me if this is it. Looking under the front bumper back toward the rear. Just behind the bumper there are two big bolts (they look copper almost) in between them is a piece of black metal that runs between the two front plastic panels under the engine. The black metal is centered under the engine running front to back (it stops about midway back). At the front of this metal piece is a fold/bend in the metal that sticks down about 3 inches...it has a hole in the middle. Is this the center jacking point? I can take a pic later if that helps.

yea that's it, i prolly didn't describe it very well, but like you said its right between the two copper nuts, a litte protrusion in the black cover.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Spartan5
> For the rear, just put jack under rear axle and lift.

I probably don't need to say this, but,
For those with a rear sway bar under the axle, either take it off (pain in the behind) or find another jack point.
I did neither, just make sure not to hit the rsb, however, their's plenty of room to jack the rear under the axle.