5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Location of Ignition Harness and Smart Entrance Control Unit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 07:47 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

Location of Ignition Harness and Smart Entrance Control Unit?

what title says
Old 02-22-2004, 08:09 PM

Ignition harness... as in... in the engine bay? or at the ECU? The ECU is behind the center console on the floorboard and is accessible from the passenger's side of the car. If you are wanting it for the engine bay, tell us what you are doing and we'll help you locate the best spot for you to tap it at.

As far as the SECU, I don't want to post this as public information for security reasons, but I'll send you a PM with the location.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:29 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

For SECU, there are 3 harness connecting to the main unit. Anybody know how to read which wire is which pin number???
Old 02-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

What are you looking for?

It's spread across a good section of the ESM, but I'm not going to regurgitate it all.

Speak up.

Originally Posted by Ammi
For SECU, there are 3 harness connecting to the main unit. Anybody know how to read which wire is which pin number???
Old 02-26-2004, 03:10 PM

Looks like your installing an AutoStart/KeyLess.

What wire are you looking for?
Old 02-26-2004, 03:57 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

I'm looking for a blue wire to hook up my trunk hatch release wire. There are bunch of thin blue wires and there is 1 thicker blue wire. Not sure which one I should be hooking up to.

Also trying to connect door trigger wire. According to Vehicle Wiring Sheet, blue (driver door pin29), red/blue (passenger front pin40), and red/white (rear doors pin28). I'm suppose to use all 3 wires and diode isolate each. What da heck does that mean?
Old 02-26-2004, 04:28 PM

I'm looking for a blue wire to hook up my trunk hatch release wire. There are bunch of thin blue wires and there is 1 thicker blue wire. Not sure which one I should be hooking up to.

Also trying to connect door trigger wire. According to Vehicle Wiring Sheet, blue (driver door pin29), red/blue (passenger front pin40), and red/white (rear doors pin28). I'm suppose to use all 3 wires and diode isolate each. What da heck does that mean?
It means that if you don't understand the wiring instructions, you might want to let someone more experienced help you before you tackle it. A wiring diagram is surely needed to help identifying the right wires. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Banned

Ammi, i install alarms/ car radios at Circuit city parttime while i go to school, you are going to need a strong ground pulse(i believe cant remember) for the trunk release. In order to do this you will need a relay. And diode isolate means that you have to take 3 different diodes. How are cars work is the drivers door has a sensor, the passenger door has one and the rear all for the door pins. So in order to hook it up to the alarm you use a diode so that the 12 volts sent through that wire will not be sent to the rest of them causing a short everytime a door is opened, thus the use of a diode. , you know what its retarded of me to even be spending time typing this, Its not as easy as the DO IT YOURSELF alarms make it seem. If you have never done one, take it to a Best buy or circuit city. The 60-100 dollars is worth not Fing up your car.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:24 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

Originally Posted by charliekilo3
It means that if you don't understand the wiring instructions, you might want to let someone more experienced help you before you tackle it. A wiring diagram is surely needed to help identifying the right wires. Good luck.
I already finished installing my alarm. I just need to hook up 2 more wires. I do understand most of the instructions. I just didn't know what diode was.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:26 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

Originally Posted by BrandonSE
Ammi, i install alarms/ car radios at Circuit city parttime while i go to school, you are going to need a strong ground pulse(i believe cant remember) for the trunk release. In order to do this you will need a relay. And diode isolate means that you have to take 3 different diodes. How are cars work is the drivers door has a sensor, the passenger door has one and the rear all for the door pins. So in order to hook it up to the alarm you use a diode so that the 12 volts sent through that wire will not be sent to the rest of them causing a short everytime a door is opened, thus the use of a diode. , you know what its retarded of me to even be spending time typing this, Its not as easy as the DO IT YOURSELF alarms make it seem. If you have never done one, take it to a Best buy or circuit city. The 60-100 dollars is worth not Fing up your car.
where do i get the diodes?
Old 02-26-2004, 05:26 PM

I already finished installing my alarm. I just need to hook up 2 more wires. I do understand most of the instructions. I just didn't know what diode was.
All righty then. You will probably have to do some soldering with the diodes.