5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Arghh, I can't believe it...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 09:39 AM

Arghh. I can't believe it...

Going to work this morning in my 2000 Max... I was going through an intersection on a green light when a car in the opposite lane decided to swirve into me.... Bam, and my front bumper, left headlight are gone, and the driver side door is dented badly. Noone was hurt, but I am furious because of the irresponsible people on our roads. The driver was a 18 year-old Mexican with no driver's license and no insurance. The owner of the car was his mother who was a passenger and also without insurance. What's wrong with these people?! The cops gave him a ticket but I don't know if it was for no license/insurance, or for failure to yield. I don't have uninsured motorist on my insurance so I have to go through the collision part, with $500 deductible. What a day! Any tips on how to get the best repair possible and good shops in Houston?

Old 03-14-2001, 10:01 AM
Got Bent?

woah...I got into the exact same accident you did a few years back. The other guy did not have any insurance either. This was with my old '87 Ford Taurus, so not a huge loss. I am sorry that it happened to your max. Thank goodness for uninsured motorist coverage. I would go to the dealer and get an estimate from them if they have a body shop or one that they work with. That way you should get OEM parts and stuff. Good luck...