5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

attn:RcticMax!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 05:11 PM
a33

i was washing my car today and i looked up the rear left wheel
i saw two metal thing sticking out with holes that looked like something should have been screwed on.... and those pieces of metal were missing from the other side, thats hwy a assumed it was the part you were talking about
is that where the piece is missing????????
i will go look at the year 2000 and 2001 maxima's at the dealer tomorrow
reply soon
thanx
Old 03-22-2001, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by chengkumcheung
i was washing my car today and i looked up the rear left wheel
i saw two metal thing sticking out with holes that looked like something should have been screwed on.... and those pieces of metal were missing from the other side, thats hwy a assumed it was the part you were talking about
is that where the piece is missing????????
i will go look at the year 2000 and 2001 maxima's at the dealer tomorrow
reply soon
thanx
Yeah that's what we've been talking about - there is bracket there but nothing on it - that is where where the fuel fill line cover should attach according to my dealer.
Old 03-22-2001, 06:30 PM
a33

thank you

thanx a lot
i ll go to the dealer tomorrow and yell at their lazy asses
Old 03-22-2001, 07:17 PM

chengkumcheung - Although I certainly share your frustrations with this issue, I need to point out that it's not the dealer that is at fault here. I truly don't believe this to be a "dealer prep" item. This is an issue with the manufacturing of the automobile and points right back at the plant(s) at which our vehicles were manufactured.

Something Chad said in the other post was very interesting. It seems that from the information he's gathered, Nissan "decided" to stop putting that part on. I find that hard to believe (not Chad, but the information he's been given). I'm trying not to morph into a conspiracy freak here but this really is turning out to be "fuzzy math". In other words, something's not adding up.

My suggestion to you would be to have a conversation with your service manager at your Nissan dealer and ask (not demand... at least at first) that these parts get ordered on your behalf and installed at no charge to you. One of the worst things you can do is tick off the service department. It's kind of like dissing your waiter at a restaurant BEFORE you get your food. You'd probably find yourself biting into a lugey before you knew it.

That's not to say that you just roll over for these guys. Not at all. Be firm, but courteous and it'll come back to you ten-fold down the line when you're in need of a repair and you're just on the other side of the warranty period.

Good luck.
Old 03-22-2001, 07:33 PM
a33

thanx

thanx for the adive
i was pissed cuz i tried talking to him yesterday and the service guy seemed like he didnt want to do ****
Old 03-22-2001, 08:23 PM

Thanks RcticMax- The fuel protector issue is a perfect example of a change or decision being made at a manufacturing level that was not known at the distribution level. It seems to me, that for the most part, most folks' dealerships, once they are aware of the situation, are willing to do whatever they can to fix the fuel protector problem. When I explained this issue to my Nissan field rep, he was totally cool & helpful, he insisted on inspecting as many cars as he could, to see which ones had it or not. I guess I'm just trying to say that even though some folks have had negative experiences, there really are a lot of people at Nissan dealerships, and Nissan Corporate empolyees that do try to do the right thing!
Regards, David Burnette, South Point Nissan