5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

F*CK Data Dots!!! (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 04:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

F*CK Data Dots!!! (Long)

Well, after spending 2.5 years driving through every ghetto in NJ for my old job, I finally get a new job. Now my car sits in a well lit parking lot in central Jersey next to a ballpark. Yesterday when I got off the train I found my drivers side headlight sitting in the parking spot next to me. My headlights had been destroyed. My hood, grill, fender, and bumper are destroyed. They cut the wires for my horn. I went out and got the "anti-theft" kit installed when they first started doing the kits and I see what good that was. They still got away with the ballasts so I am going to watch ebay for them. Although, Im sure they are at a chop shop now. The cop told me that they couldnt fingerprint anything either.

Luckily I had my digital camera on me and I took pics last night. They arent the greatest but the damage can clearly be seen. I would almost rather them get the whole light if they could do less damage. I am going to call Nissan NA this morning to "inform" them of their product.
I dont want to park my car in that lot anymore...It ridiculous. I have to look into getting an aftermarket alarm now too. I remember reading a thread when the data dots first appeared and someone here asked if it would deter thieves...I guess we have our answer.

Here is the link to the pics that I took.

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=shg76ln...&x=0&y=-xrzrh2
Old 07-01-2004, 05:06 AM
FU, FU, FU, You're Cool..

Dude, that F**king blows. I feel bad for you.
I had heard rumours DATADOTS only made it more difficult but would not stop a scumbag from getting what he wanted.
I guess it is no longer just a rumour.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:09 AM

Yeah, they do more damage and only take the part that cant be traced.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:19 AM

Damn. What the heck is wrong with these people?
Old 07-01-2004, 05:21 AM

How the hell did they get the ballasts. I know they are separate from the headlight and when i checked out the brackets they seemed to be in there pretty good. they must have used some tools obviously. I bet it took some time to get those out. In your pictures, those black things are the brackets correct?
Old 07-01-2004, 05:36 AM

damn bro sorry to hear that, those pictures are troubling to say the least.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by JoeyC502
How the hell did they get the ballasts. I know they are separate from the headlight and when i checked out the brackets they seemed to be in there pretty good. they must have used some tools obviously. I bet it took some time to get those out. In your pictures, those black things are the brackets correct?

Yeah, it looks like the just ripped the headlight off the bracket and snapped the screws that hold the ballast on. I have to look at it in the daylight when I get home today. Now I want to look into an aftermarket alarm since they so easily cut the horn wire. Anyone know of a way to hook a camera to your car w/out draining the battery?
Old 07-01-2004, 06:13 AM

DAMN, sorry to hear that man...

i was thinkin about gettin the HID conversion eventually, cuz i have never seen a HID-victim maxima here...

where did this happen? commerce bank ballpark or the somerville trainstation?
Old 07-01-2004, 06:21 AM
Maxima addiction cured w/ the GS pill

That hurts. Sorry man. What's the total $ damage for that? They seem to have gotten your hood pretty good too.
Hey 2K3... have you heard of any problems with this here in Chicago? The dealer doesn't even know what the HID anti-theft kit is.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:25 AM

I took my car in for the "data dot" TSB and they managed to crack both of the mounting brackets when they put them back together... FU**ING morons!!!! I wouldn't take the car in for the TSB if you haven't already. My .02
Old 07-01-2004, 07:32 AM

Oh My God! That really sucks! Keep an eye on EBay. Hope your insurance company is good to you.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by KashThaRipper
DAMN, sorry to hear that man...

i was thinkin about gettin the HID conversion eventually, cuz i have never seen a HID-victim maxima here...

where did this happen? commerce bank ballpark or the somerville trainstation?

It was at the ball park. I parkthere for the bridgewater station. I have to get my car to the body shop today so hopefully I can at least get an estimate by tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Z

The only way to solve HID theft is to cut off the fingers of the thieves.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:39 AM

Son of a *****.... install aftermarket projectors off ebay.. lights are bright and good. I am ****ing ****ed off just looking at that... all that for a 100 bucks worth of ****ing ballast, these ****ing bastards in jeresey...

get your insurance company to cover the repairs, find those people and ****ing cut there arms off, and whats up with aftermarket alarm its not going to stop them, they will cut the battery wire...

why cant the cops take the finger prints?
Old 07-01-2004, 10:05 AM

Ok, well I stand corrected. I finally got a chance to look at everything in the light with a clear head and they didnt get anything. I thought the ballasts were gon from the brackets but the werent. The front end of my car was destroyed for nothing. I guess I should fel better that they didnt get anything but I dont. Its still bullsh!t!!! I guess they realized that they werent getting too far and just destroyed it. At this point I would rather them have gotten the headlights without the damage to my car.
I guess I should have waited to let the police know I have the almighty "Data Dots"
Old 07-01-2004, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by SKYRockerr
Son of a *****.... install aftermarket projectors off ebay.. lights are bright and good. I am ****ing ****ed off just looking at that... all that for a 100 bucks worth of ****ing ballast, these ****ing bastards in jeresey...

get your insurance company to cover the repairs, find those people and ****ing cut there arms off, and whats up with aftermarket alarm its not going to stop them, they will cut the battery wire...

why cant the cops take the finger prints?

Cops told me that they couldnt print becaus ethey didnt know how long it was sitting there. At least if they dont know there is an aftermarket alarm they will pull the horn wire (like they did with me) and still get a surprise. Insurance is covering everything except deductable. I want to hook a shock sensor up to my car!!! That will teach those ******.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:46 AM

Man, that really sucks... sorry to hear (and see) that... I'm gonna be paranoid everytime I park outside of my garage now....
Old 07-01-2004, 11:48 AM
† ErV †

This is highly disturbing to look at. I know when the data dots were first introduced some people mentioned that this might happen.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:10 PM

remykins,
when my lights were stolen in Metropark, NJ those putos cut my front airbag sensor wire all together with the horn wire. That caused my air bag light to blink non stop. I had to go back to the dealer to replace the entire wiring from the ecu to the front crashing sensor and from there to the dash board. Well over $2200 extra cost that was not included in my first damage report at a local body shop at first. Lesson learned, for this kind of work, take it to the dealer if it involves this wiring problem. Lucky for me Geico listened and thank god they paid for the extra work it needed on top of the normal fender, hood, bumper and light replacement.
Good luck.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the info. I have to go talk to the body shop tomorrow. I will make sure to tell them to look out for it. It looks like the cracked my grill and ust pulled the horn wire.

On a side note, I called Nissan NA this mornign and unloaded on them. Her response to me was "We never claimed that it would prevent the theft, just that it would make it harder for them to get" What kind of **** is that? I asked why they would put a kit on that would save the headlights but destroy the front end? Especially when it still destroys both!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:44 PM

Nissan is worthless, 2004 are starting to show the same problems, you see those headlights poping up on ebay. thats why i decided against replacing HID in my car. For me its the projector aftermarket, however who is to say that they wont steal those.

Anyhow i am sorry to hear about that, it can happen to any 02 03 maxima owner, and most of us have suffered the theft of our headlights. I belive they should introduce high voltage in the grill once car is alarmed , a aftermarket alarm that should first warn please step away from the car, then if you touch the car you get shocked, kind of like a stun gun, perhaps attach a stun gun by the grill latch.

let me know how the aftermarket alarm and other methods you have in mind to protect our cars, and save it from the this kind of damage.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:06 PM
wants the ads to die

Nissan is worthless, 2004 are starting to show the same problems, you see those headlights poping up on ebay. thats why i decided against replacing HID in my car. For me its the projector aftermarket, however who is to say that they wont steal those.

Anyhow i am sorry to hear about that, it can happen to any 02 03 maxima owner, and most of us have suffered the theft of our headlights. I belive they should introduce high voltage in the grill once car is alarmed , a aftermarket alarm that should first warn please step away from the car, then if you touch the car you get shocked, kind of like a stun gun, perhaps attach a stun gun by the grill latch.

let me know how the aftermarket alarm and other methods you have in mind to protect our cars, and save it from the this kind of damage.
To bad flamethrowers are illegal here in the U.S. whereas they aren't in other countries.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
The only way to solve HID theft is to cut off the fingers of the thieves.
That shall be done.......
Old 07-01-2004, 02:26 PM
DAP

Are the ballast easy to remove? I'm not asking for procedures. I could figure it out how to do it if it was easy. Just asking since I was thinking of etching my initials or some kind of mark on them.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:36 PM
imported_JIC_A33

****** theives...sorry for the loss

Old 07-01-2004, 02:39 PM

was this in Somerset PatriotS Stadium? Day or Night?
Sorry to hear this bro....

This sucks....its too close to my business....thank god my Viper alarm WARNS when the wind blows- i'm never there at night though
Old 07-01-2004, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by MannyNJ2k2max

This sucks....its too close to my business....thank god my Viper alarm WARNS when the wind blows- i'm never there at night though

I got back at 9PM and it was like that. My friend got back at 7 and said everything looked ok. So it was sometime between those hours. I am going to talk with my friend who had his radio stolen and put flyers on peoples cars letting them know and see if we can organize them to get some security in there.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:01 PM

By the way, what kind of Viper do you have? I am looking for a good aftermarket alarm.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:51 PM

That sucks muts!!!...All Nissan techs that I've spoken to agree that the DataDots only result in more damage....is it a deterant???...For the knowledgable scumbag, YES....for the ignorant ones, NO!...IMO, if you are going to continue to park there, put an ancilliary sticker next to the DataDot one, BALLAST/HIDs NOT REMOVABLE...otherwise, get the AE halogens....or AM projectors...

I've had my Max for ~3 years, HIDs stolen once, DataDots done, AND I am still reluctant to park in unknown neighborhoods, or at places repeatedly....

I think it's time to sell the Max....

edit: I just saw the pics the damage to the hood is horrid....it might need to be replaced...a repair on that might not seat properly....or it may be cheaper to get a new one and repaint...

friggin #$cks
Old 07-01-2004, 04:58 PM

i set my viper alarm to the highest even a person across the street can set it off lol. Well in reality The alarm is med high, and i always use that autotech pedal bar, It goes on the clutch and its bullet proof no way they can cut it nor break it. The alarm itself will cut the gas and ignition. Also my maxi comes with double sirens. Can you say really loud! You must invest serious cash to protect your angel
Old 07-01-2004, 07:44 PM

How and where do i get this alarm installed, and how much
Old 07-01-2004, 08:16 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

If it was me...

I would do one of 2 things

1. sell the f-cking car and just move on... it's not worth it at this point..

2. move

obvious choice is 1..
or just forget about the damn HID... put in regular halogen headlights
now you are going to need body work.

If i ever got a 2k2 i would do a full conversion to an 00/01 look so they think I don't have HID.. and i would take those damn things out anyways

New Jersey and NYC are the worst places for 2002/03 maximas. Everyone got jacked at least once.. these headlights are making people a lot of $...

i also know someone who got hit for HID twice or so, then they stole a regular freaking halogen headlight from a 2k, not even HID.. then they jacked his air bags TWICE...

just not worth it

sorry to hear this.. this ****es me off beyond belief.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:40 PM

Ouch. Tough pictures to see. It'd be nice to think a few instances like this would be enough to cut the number of attempts, but I won't hold my breath.

And fingerprints - I've had systems stolen out of my old MX-6 3 times and the cops never took fingerprints. Cops apparently just have better things to do then run prints. Don't know how much time has passed? Whatever.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:28 AM

Depending on local low enforcement is useless, we need to take matters in to our own hands. I say we park one "bait maxima in a remote location in NJ" then we catch the mother ****er who trys to steal them , then we cut his arms and legs off , release the bloody pictures to the media. that'll make them think twice before they go **** check dem hid outz yo ****** letz jack dis ****'s lights biach i make $ fer muh wellfare eatin crack smokin *** Biach! ...
Old 07-02-2004, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by remykins
By the way, what kind of Viper do you have? I am looking for a good aftermarket alarm.
PM me well talk- this is bullshyt- I have Don (Pearl96max) do my electronics- probably the cheapest DEI (Viper/clifford/Hornet...) authorized dealer/installer around and knows our cars inside out- has done hundreds of orgers cars
Old 07-02-2004, 04:40 AM

Nissan

I hate to see that bro... Sucks big time. But for all you out there that are raging against Nissan. Please stop and think about it. It's not really their fault; sure the lights are easy to get but we would have to worry about it except for the f*cking theives, f*cking bastard son of a b*tches.

I mean get real, there is absolutely no deterrent. If they get caught, it's a slap on the hand, if that. So they have nothing to loose and lights to gain. Cutting off fingers would work, but we don't want to offend anyone or violate their rights you know. Call some special interest groups and pretty soon they'll be rewarded for trying to commit the crime... oh yeah then they will find a way to blame it on their oppressed upbringing, blah blah blah. This sh*t ****es me off.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:19 AM

How and where do i get this alarm installed, and how much
PM me well talk- this is bullshyt- I have Don (Pearl96max) do my electronics- probably the cheapest DEI (Viper/clifford/Hornet...) authorized dealer/installer around and knows our cars inside out- has done hundreds of orgers cars
I was just about to say that. Yes Don was the one who installed my alarm. He is authorized and works at his house. There was a GD way back for him installing anything for maxima's only. I had my alarm installed, upgraded audio wires, LED's in the doors ran all those wires plus of coarse we helped him out so our bill was $870.

The alarm came with double sirens (so its very loud), Proximity sensor (which senses anything around your car), He programed the Alarm so it locks itself when I turn on the car. If the car is off more then 10min they will automatically lock the doors (thats if its open and I forgot to close it). and its pretty well hidden. Talk to him show him what you went through Im sure he will give you a great deal. I have his sn too if you want it, just pm me.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:26 AM

What the hell?!? I always wondered how thieves were stealing headlights without getting under the hood, but it looks like they just rip everything around the lights out and yank the things out. Man, that's terrible. Good luck getting everything replaced/fixed. I can't believe the problems some people have had with thier lights. I was thinking about retrofitting HID on my 2001 AE, but I might hold off on that now.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:05 AM

If it seems like they are cutting the horn wires, could the horn just not be moved more rear like it is in 4th gen maxs?
Old 07-02-2004, 07:27 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I bet there are many dozens of groups of these people that operate in NYC and NJ in each region/borough or town, not just 1 group...

Quick Reply: F*CK Data Dots!!! (Long)