5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Trade Max for G35X

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 05:55 PM

Trade Max for G35X

I recently test drove the G35x and was very VERY impressed. First off the interior was beautiful, lots of nice features from the seats all the way to the AC vents. Second it handled like a dream. I was going at some pretty good speeds around some sharp turns and didn't even move from the seat. The tires stuck to the ground like glue. It also had some good acceleration (I drove the auto with tiptronic).

So what are your guys opinions? Anyone driven the G? Would you trade the Max for it.

P.S. I' sure a lot of people will say get the coupe, but I live in the Northeast so the All Wheel would be nice.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:57 PM

awd is nice, i wonder why they don't have a 6 speed g35x =P
Old 07-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Ben

The day they come out with the g35x in a 6 speed, I will be trading in the max. I will sell my first born if they say my credit isn't good enough.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Engineer/Inventor/Maximanian

Trade Max for G35X

We have a G35 non-X in the family. I just completed 2350 mile vacation trip in the G, what a GREAT riding and driving car! Ours is an autostick without the 4 wheel drive.

I can comment on your questions regarding 4WD on the G: The G35X uses the drivetrain from the FX35, an auto only set-up. Another thing you should know is that the X is only available with the non-sport suspension set-up. However you should also know that this suspension is still plenty sporty compared to my fairly heavilly-modded suspension setup on the Max.

Even though I live in snow country, I have found the G without 4WD did fine in the winter with the 4 snows I had installed at the beginning of this past winter.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:39 PM
the org...not what it was

Originally Posted by Ben
The day they come out with the g35x in a 6 speed, I will be trading in the max. I will sell my first born if they say my credit isn't good enough.

Classic, i'm going to use that.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Maxima addiction cured w/ the GS pill

Originally Posted by Chinkzilla
awd is nice, i wonder why they don't have a 6 speed g35x =P
I coulda sworn they were gonna come out w/ one, no?
I would kill for an AWD G35 coupe w/ the 6-speed tho.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:13 PM

According to Nissan rep at Detroit auto show, G35X with 6 speed is possible, there are not technical obsticles in this, it is all MARKETING. Infiniti is alligning themselves agains BMW 3 series....and according to sales figures not a whole lot of people are buying 325/330 XI in manual shift....so unless sales pick up in that segment, there will no G35x manual Booo.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:40 PM

Well XOSDER...I will be sad if/when you make this move. But only because we just bought a camper and new Expedition to pull it with, so I won' be able to make that very move, until I win the lottery or something. In other words....please do make the move and keep us posted on your thoughts. Maybe I'll find bag full of $$$$ some day?! Anyway....good luck to you. In fact I wouldn't even have a problem getting one of the 04's with the lesser HP rating than what I've been hearing the 05's will have. I've wantd the G35 ever since they came out, but being in Colorado, I was a little worried about a RWD car in snow and ice. So far, no major issues with FWD....even with the crappy stock tires.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:30 PM

Yeah I heard the 05 added about 17 HP to kick it up to 277. I think I also read that they were putting a new grille, hood, and tires as well. So now I don't know if I should wait to get the 05'

Originally Posted by mm7759
Well XOSDER...I will be sad if/when you make this move. But only because we just bought a camper and new Expedition to pull it with, so I won' be able to make that very move, until I win the lottery or something. In other words....please do make the move and keep us posted on your thoughts. Maybe I'll find bag full of $$$$ some day?! Anyway....good luck to you. In fact I wouldn't even have a problem getting one of the 04's with the lesser HP rating than what I've been hearing the 05's will have. I've wantd the G35 ever since they came out, but being in Colorado, I was a little worried about a RWD car in snow and ice. So far, no major issues with FWD....even with the crappy stock tires.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by xosder
Yeah I heard the 05 added about 17 HP to kick it up to 277. I think I also read that they were putting a new grille, hood, and tires as well. So now I don't know if I should wait to get the 05'
Their marketing people added the 17 hp. It was there from the factory from day 1.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Engineer/Inventor/Maximanian

Hi!
The biggest complaint I have heard regarding the G' is with the interior. As an owner, it would be nice to have REAL aluminium or chrome for the door pulls, instrument panel, etc. They could also arrange the controls to be easier to use! Any info you'all have on interior changes for the '05 would be welcome!