5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My car just got hit by my neighbor SUV!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 01:21 PM

My car just got hit by my neighbor SUV!

I just want to releasing some steams here...My neighbor back up his SUV and crashed onto my front driverside bumper...damaging it and the lamp housing!

Gosh, I hate to have to go through the insurance claiming process!
Old 07-11-2004, 01:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Where are the pics.
:
Old 07-11-2004, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2k3TitaniumSe
Where are the pics.
:
dude, I do not have a digital camera. If you can't be supportive, please don't response to the thread!
Old 07-11-2004, 01:42 PM

^^ he just wants to see how bad the damage is...sux how those bastards in SUV's dont look where the **** they're goin
Old 07-11-2004, 01:46 PM

Y did he inserted "This thread is worthless without pics"...I am sure he meant well but I am a little "sensitive" right now...my "baby" just got damaged by a careless driver!
Old 07-11-2004, 01:50 PM
retired moderator

damn that sucks man.....hurts to hear about one of the best "stealth" maxes on the org getting nicked up....so is the HID dead or is it ok?

btw, have you put on the LTB yet or is that on hold now?
Old 07-11-2004, 02:22 PM

not for nothing, but the damage has already been done, don't take it out on a fellow org member.

how are you asking us to be supportive? want a pair of cefiro headlights or something?

sorry to hear about your misfortune though.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

That $ucks, man. I hate those fuking SUV's. I got my first door ding from one of them, and one backed into my son's front end (doing $975 in damage) and then drove off. Fortunately there was a witness.

At least your insurance won't take the hit.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:54 PM

hope you and ur neighbor are in good relations. That would suck if you had to put u and ur neigh bor through the insurance process... maybe to save time and save face you guys could do it under the table.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:09 PM

i suggest u ask your neighboor if they willing to fix the damages for u privately....if not then go thru insurance company but make sure u have police report showing the accident occurred...
Old 07-11-2004, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
damn that sucks man.....hurts to hear about one of the best "stealth" maxes on the org getting nicked up....so is the HID dead or is it ok?

btw, have you put on the LTB yet or is that on hold now?
I was getting ready to meet up with the mechanic to get my aftermarket brakes
rotors and LTB installed...and this happen! So I had to call off the appointment. I checked the HID, and it was fine. The plastic cover was cracked, so I think they have to replace it.

InfiniLover, I do not think I was harsh on him. Put myself in your shoe and tell me how you would reaction to his response, "This thread is worhthless without pics"??? It's not like I was bragging on a new mods...

Bluesbrekr, I saw several of my neighbors were outside their door looking when I got out there...so it was good that he came to me or my other neighbor will informed me later...then it would get ugly!

ChromeSE5, I will give my neigbor the option of paying for the fix but I do not think he can afford it. I do not know him well since I recently moved in this location. The whole front bumper and the driverside lamp housing will need to be replaced. It would probably better for him to let the insurance takes care of it 'cause the cost will exceed the maximum $500 deductable... this also account for the 1-2 days of car rental fee.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:02 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by VMaximus02
InfiniLover, I do not think I was harsh on him. Put myself in your shoe and tell me how you would reaction to his response,
Personally, I'd go take some pics.

Hey, put it in perspective... some metal got bent and you're not going to pay to get it fixed.... it's not like somebody died. Lighten up or you'll blow an aneurism.

Old 07-11-2004, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2k2wannabe
Personally, I'd go take some pics.

Hey, put it in perspective... some metal got bent and you're not going to pay to get it fixed.... it's not like somebody died. Lighten up or you'll blow an aneurism.

Are you for real? Aggravating someone from their bad luck is considered to be supportive? I have been in this forum too long (though I don't post as much as some of you unless the information is useful or supportive to the Maxima.org community). The only time I post a venting thread and I get attack for being insensitive?

I am disappointed w/some of you for making things so negative! Like I had stated before...if you have nothing good to say...stay off the thread!
This is not like the first time I ever got into an accident BUT I was really disappointed 'cause I was about on my way to get some of my Mods installed today. I was going to post my reviews about the LTB but now I have second thoughts.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:58 PM
It's chrome alright...

Are you for real? Aggravating someone from their bad luck is considered to be supportive?
No, I didn't say I was trying to be supportive. If I was trying to be supportive I would have said

"sorry for your bad luck, and

"

Here's a clue for you. When you came down on 2k3T like a 14 year old girl who got stood up for the middle school prom, everyone reading this did the same thing....stopped feeling bad for you and started thinking of ways to pick on you. Grow up, get your car fixed, apologize to 2k3T for this hissy fit and maybe you'll get back some respect.
I was going to post my reviews about the LTB but now I have second thoughts.
OOOooooo! And while you're at it you can take your ball and go home
Old 07-11-2004, 07:06 PM

Who the hell you think you are attacking my thread?
I need to grow up? HAHA, you know what...I do not going waste my time respone to this childish/unwelcome post! If everyone in here have the same mentallity as you...then it would be a shame for the Maxima community!

Moderator...if you guys exist, do your job!
Old 07-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Banned

WOW, sorry about that... hopefully everything goes ok. It seems like everyone on the org... knock on wood, has been getting in accidents or something is being damaged cosmetically with their maxes. Like within the last 2 weeks too

brandon
Old 07-11-2004, 09:13 PM

come on guys cut the bullshyt, you can clearly see he is not up for the antics at the time. lets just be happy nobody got hurt, as for the max hopefully she'll be back up and turnin heads soon.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:11 AM
It's chrome alright...

ok, <sincere> I am glad nobody got hurt and I hope your neighbor's SUV gets hit by an even bigger SUV and damaged just like yours</sincere>

But buy a camera, because if that happens

Old 07-12-2004, 03:43 AM
† ErV †

Photos are used as the only realy description of such events on a place like the internet. So it's just natural that people will ask for them. They also serve as personal memories.. and there is nothing wrong with taking them.

As far as parking goes, just try your best to park away from everyone. Most people get their cars bent in the driveways sinec when you are first pulling out for the day you are either sleeping, eating you breakfast or getting ****ed you have to be out of bed in the first place. My former neighbours have done far bigger attrocities with their SUV over time but luckily none had involved me.

So just make the best of the situation I guess.

Old 07-12-2004, 04:31 AM

No, I didn't say I was trying to be supportive. If I was trying to be supportive I would have said

"sorry for your bad luck, and

"

Here's a clue for you. When you came down on 2k3T like a 14 year old girl who got stood up for the middle school prom, everyone reading this did the same thing....stopped feeling bad for you and started thinking of ways to pick on you. Grow up, get your car fixed, apologize to 2k3T for this hissy fit and maybe you'll get back some respect.OOOooooo! And while you're at it you can take your ball and go home
That insert, " was misused by both 2k3T & you in responding to my thread. Look, I did NOT posted this thread to brag about things I did to the car and I do not think it was a "worthless" thread. Your harrassment:

When you came down on 2k3T like a 14 year old girl who got stood up for the middle school prom, everyone reading this did the same thing....stopped feeling bad for you and started thinking of ways to pick on you. Grow up, get your car fixed, apologize to 2k3T for this hissy fit and maybe you'll get back some respect.OOOooooo! And while you're at it you can take your ball and go home [/QUOTE]

was totally put of line! Who are you to judge me? If 2k3T feel like he wanted to say something...he can write it himself.

FYI: I did took some pictures but it wasn't in digital format. Your sacastic remarks regarding my bad ordeal only serve to create more tension for me.
Definately NOT supportive...and I repeatedly DID mentioned this so many times, if you have nothing good to say...stay out of the thread! I really do not appreciated your negativity!

I like to thank you those who lend their ears and being supportive to my misfortune.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:53 AM
It's chrome alright...

Who are you to judge me?
Just another anonymous face on the internet.

Get some quotes, get it fixed, count to ten... relax a little.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about the max man. I had a truck back into my front bumper at the beginning of last year. Insurance said they would have to replace the headlight because if was damaged.... which it wasn't and I made $750 plus $100 rental car fees off that accident, but I got lucky.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:32 AM

I truly feel sorry for your misfortune. Take your car to a couple of reputable body shops so you have a reasonable estimate of the costs involved before you involve the insurance companies. I question whether you will be able to get a police report. Where I am from the police won't get involved unless there is a certain amount of damage and/or someone is hurt.

I know you're upset. Take a Valium, a typing course and an ESL course or two (English for Second Language) and come back. I find your messages painful to read and I'm not referring to your unfortunate incident, lol!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:42 AM

VMaximus, sorry about your misfortune. I hope everything works out for you.

That said, you're not the first person to announce an accident on this board and then to get a response post asking for pics.

However, you're about the first one that I've seen actually freak out about it. I've seen accident posts here, Acura-cl.com , Acura-TL.com and other sites and most folks just post them. This usually results in some "outside the box" approaches to getting the problem resolved. (In some cases, it gives people ideas on how to customize their ride.)

So, lighten up a bit.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:47 AM

Sorry for being somewhat harsh on you VMaximus, forget about the typing course - you're probably OK in that department.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:00 AM

um dude. he just wanted to use the "this thread is worth......" emoticon. that's all. notice all of the smiley faces on the emoticon?

sorry about your car. now stop being such a sensitive little pu$$y.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by rmurdoch
Sorry for being somewhat harsh on you VMaximus, forget about the typing course - you're probably OK in that department.
If the author of this thread doesn't know the neighbor guy too well, how does he know the neighbor guy can't afford to pay for the damages?

p.s. expect support from family and friends, not from a website. from a website like this you can expect to get lit up for publicly pouting about people not being supportive...
Old 07-12-2004, 09:42 AM
is invisible

This thread is cracking me up!

By the way, Bluesbrkr - it's the SUV driver, not the SUV itself.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:36 AM

Well, lighten up bud, at least your 2k2 didnt get TOTALLY FUKKED like mine did..

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/568958/5

only to buy a 2k3 and have an @sshole rearend me 3 days after i got my 2k3 from the dealrship brand new

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/568958/7

Live life dude, its only a maxima, $hit happens. I have been rearended now 3 times in my 2k3. In fact, I had put a Sarona kit on my 2k3 because of the rear enders and only to be rear ended AGAIN! As shown in above link.

So that gives me the right to say:

Old 07-12-2004, 10:40 AM

I truly feel sorry for your misfortune. Take your car to a couple of reputable body shops so you have a reasonable estimate of the costs involved before you involve the insurance companies. I question whether you will be able to get a police report. Where I am from the police won't get involved unless there is a certain amount of damage and/or someone is hurt.

I know you're upset. Take a Valium, a typing course and an ESL course or two (English for Second Language) and come back. I find your messages painful to read and I'm not referring to your unfortunate incident, lol!
I am an engineer...us engineers are known for bad English writing. I don't think ESL course is needed 'cause I am pretty competent with my English skills, thank you very much! . Honestly, I was aggravated by 2k2wannabe's sarcastic comments and didn't do a good job of proofreading my responses prior posting them.

Ferbs02SMMax, I was not really looking for any supports from the people in this forum. However, I do appreciate those who did. My intention when I posted this thread was because I wanted to share my frustration with those who had this happen to them before. (I’d seen numerous threads similar to mine posted here once in awhile). The unexpected accident had prevented me from getting my brakes/LTB installed, which I was anxiously looking forward to since the day I booked an appointment with my mechanic.

Anyhow, I wasn't expecting aggravating responses from the members in this forum. I don’t understand why some people here have to be such an *ss and attacked my thread? Out of common courtesy, I expected more from those who make the effort to response to the topic after reading it. I guess I was wrong!The outcome of this whole fiasco was astonishing, to say the least!

Lesson well learned from this whole experience!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:46 AM

wow, that really does suck, Mini. You are lucky there were no injuries. Sorry to hear that Vmax. But I think this discussion is a little off base. kill it.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:48 AM

"us engineers are known for bad English writing" - you can say that again. Where did you get your degree - off a matchbook cover? Try ... Engineers are known for their poor writing skills.

So are accountants, of which I am one, but I do know how to write. Forget about the typing course - but think before you subject us to your painful diatribe!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:51 AM
It's chrome alright...

Lesson well learned from this whole experience!
Buy a camera?

Seriously, it's happened to a lot of us.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=206927
It's all about your perspective...although "engineer" explains a lot.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:02 AM

I must say I support 2k2wanabe

Who the hell you think you are attacking my thread?
I need to grow up? HAHA, you know what...I do not going waste my time respone to this childish/unwelcome post! If everyone in here have the same mentallity as you...then it would be a shame for the Maxima community!

Moderator...if you guys exist, do your job!
The thing is that its not a counseling forum. People here are not suppose to make you feel better + the only thing the dude wanted is to see the the pic of the demage. And by the way your thread is not under attack.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:10 AM

"us engineers are known for bad English writing" - you can say that again. Where did you get your degree - off a matchbook cover? Try ... Engineers are known for their poor writing skills.

So are accountants, of which I am one, but I do know how to write. Forget about the typing course - but think before you subject us to your painful diatribe!
The only three careers were proper writing skills are required: Administrative Assistant, journalism and teaching (with maybe Physician tossed in for good measure). It doesnt matter that much in other career fields.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:21 AM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by F23A4
The only three careers were proper writing skills are required: Administrative Assistant, journalism and teaching (with maybe Physician tossed in for good measure). It doesnt matter that much in other career fields.
Until you want to advance...writing/grammar like that will not be rewarded. When it's time to hand out promotions the higher-ups aren't going to stick someone with those skills in front of the rest of the company or customers. Nobody ever lost a job because of good writing skills, but there are plenty of missed opportunities for people's grammar skills are not as... goodly? gooder?
Old 07-12-2004, 11:41 AM

Buy a camera?

Seriously, it's happened to a lot of us.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=206927
It's all about your perspective...although "engineer" explains a lot.
Read my previous post more carefully! I did mentioned that I had taken some pictures but not in digital format.

As regards to my writting skills, I guess I am spoiled by my secretary assistance.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:03 PM

LOCKED YET?

Dude accidents happen..its $hitty. I learned that there is no way to keep my car in mint condition other than leave it at home. Even then, i still get dings from other my parents or my neighbours playin b-ball.

Don't worry. Accidents are sometimes good too.. You get to fix everything for free!

Shiet.. As long as its not your fault.. why do you care? Thats what insurance is for. I don't care if my car got run over by a truck. As long as it wasn't my fault, and my insurance/trucker covers it.

ED
Old 07-12-2004, 08:12 PM

join the club, my grandparent's neighbor backed her GMC Sierra into my car...front bumper and my 2k2 headlights messed up...etc... =( i feel ya
Old 07-12-2004, 08:47 PM

How can you think about sex at a time like this?

Originally Posted by ChromeSE5
... maybe to save time and save face you guys could do it under the table.

Quick Reply: My car just got hit by my neighbor SUV!