5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

RSB - stillen copy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004 | 01:59 PM
Got Projectors?

RSB - stillen copy?

Any input on this RSB on ebay? It looks like a Stillen knockoff to me. Anyone have any experience with it? I've heard the stillen bar is awesome, and if this is the same I'd rather spend the almost half price on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 07-23-2004 | 04:38 AM
Arctic Trooper

Looks like the bar from topspeedauto.com (which I believe is a Stillen knockoff). I've seen this bar on ebay before, but never this cheap. I would also like to know if anyone here has had experience with it...
Old 07-23-2004 | 07:24 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have one, bought it from that guy actually. I've had it on for several months now, well worth the money.

My only gripe was that instuctions included with the bar seemed a little sub par to me, but you can always go online and find a good writeup on Stillen RSB installation.
Old 07-23-2004 | 09:00 AM

You guys are going to do what you want, but I just wanted to make sure you realize something.

People complain about how expensive Stillen products are but the reason they are so expensive is the research and development. Stillen will spend alot of money to develop a new product and then another company comes along and duplicates it and can sell it for alot less since they didn't invest any time or money into creating it in the first place.

By purchasing the knockoffs, your supporting somebody who isn't supporting the guy that spent the time and money to create it. If this happens enough, Stillen and other companies will have no reason to create new products for our cars. Why sould they spend the time and money just to have somebody swoop in and steal their intelectual property and revenue.

Read this guy's post, he has the same feelings as me:
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...1&postcount=11
Old 07-23-2004 | 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by richspidizzy
You guys are going to do what you want, but I just wanted to make sure you realize something.

People complain about how expensive Stillen products are but the reason they are so expensive is the research and development. Stillen will spend alot of money to develop a new product and then another company comes along and duplicates it and can sell it for alot less since they didn't invest any time or money into creating it in the first place.

By purchasing the knockoffs, your supporting somebody who isn't supporting the guy that spent the time and money to create it. If this happens enough, Stillen and other companies will have no reason to create new products for our cars. Why sould they spend the time and money just to have somebody swoop in and steal their intelectual property and revenue.

Read this guy's post, he has the same feelings as me:
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...1&postcount=11
While I agree with some of what you have said, you must realize, its not up to consumer to protect intellectual property of the commercial sector. If Stillen chooses not to pursue the companies manufacturing and selling the knockoffs, it would be unreasonable for them to think that consumer will pay a premium for something they can purchase for a fraction of the price they charge.