5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Have a look at that Brakes technology.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2001, 08:45 AM

Hey guys, have a look at this a company that patented a new braking system design that will hit the market soon. I had contact few months ago with some of the company executive, I had the opportunities of visiting their R&D labs many times, I am really really impressed, the technology is so advance compare to any other existing products available on the market, it may sounds weird and it is.

The brake system integrate pads that uses the entire surface of the rotor inside out, that's 360 degree, all this with very sofisticated electronic sensors. Any given car will get enormous advantages over traditional braking system, the entire system will allow you to have maximum power of braking at anytimes and in any conditions. The braking system will have a lifetime maintenance free, ( it is made to last something like 250 000 miles before maintenance is required )

Last year Newtech Brakes sponsored a Porsche serie racing team ( forgot the name ) and they won the championship
due a lot to their powerfull Newtech braking system. ( I'll try to find some articles about it and post it )

That would be awesome to get this for our Max, maybe I can get more juicy infos for you very very soon. Stay tuned...

Here is the link: http://www.newtech-ibs.com/

Cheers everyone

Double A
Old 04-08-2001, 11:18 AM

Richard Spenard is one of the racers, the guy is from around here.

I have heard reviews about the product and it sounds really great. Some of the benefits include little or no fade, and you can really abuse them. Plus they are not much heavier than a regular disk brake
Old 04-08-2001, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by bert
Richard Spenard is one of the racers, the guy is from around here.

I have heard reviews about the product and it sounds really great. Some of the benefits include little or no fade, and you can really abuse them. Plus they are not much heavier than a regular disk brake
Hey bert, thanks for helping with the name ( I had a blank when I wrote the thread. )

The system will possibly hit the market in 2002-2003. I dont know if it will be sold as an aftermarket product or if it will come on brand new car. I'll try to get more informations from them.

The system wont probably be manufactured by Newtech itself ( that what they told me ), they do r&d, design and ingeneering, I believe they will sell licence to manufacturer. I remember on one of the visit to their lab, there was a few different american & europeen car in the shop. It' s really promessing.

I'll keep you posted soon.

Cheers

Double A
Old 04-08-2001, 07:07 PM

Originally posted by doublea

Hey bert, thanks for helping with the name ( I had a blank when I wrote the thread. )

The system will possibly hit the market in 2002-2003. I dont know if it will be sold as an aftermarket product or if it will come on brand new car. I'll try to get more informations from them.

The system wont probably be manufactured by Newtech itself ( that what they told me ), they do r&d, design and ingeneering, I believe they will sell licence to manufacturer. I remember on one of the visit to their lab, there was a few different american & europeen car in the shop. It' s really promessing.

I'll keep you posted soon.

Cheers

Double A
i just emailed them so we'll see what's going on. man that thing looks cool. i hope it would be alto better than the 4-6 piston brake systems. i remember a while ago they had brakes with "dual" callipers. there would be one big one on the back side of the rotor then a small one on the front. i dont' know what ever happened to those.
Old 04-09-2001, 04:12 AM

I took a good look at this braking system during the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) trade show. It is impressive in that it will give you the same braking power from a larger (Brembo of AP racing) system but will not be any larger than the stock rotor. They had units on Porsches, a Lincoln Navigator, and a Saleen S7. The rep I talked with said that the system is OEM for the Saleen S7. I believe that the system is worth a closer look.
Old 04-09-2001, 04:24 AM

I like the clutch-like system but wont they fade more due to always being in contact with the rotor and never getting a chance to cool down like Brembo,etc?
Old 04-09-2001, 05:42 AM

Originally posted by Justin Tulli
I like the clutch-like system but wont they fade more due to always being in contact with the rotor and never getting a chance to cool down like Brembo,etc?
Hey Justin, their system is incredible, as soon as you remove your foot from the brake pedal, there is an automatic mechanism that prevent the brake pad to stick on the rotor an fade prematurly.

Cheers

Double A
Old 04-09-2001, 10:43 AM

Originally posted by doublea

Hey Justin, their system is incredible, as soon as you remove your foot from the brake pedal, there is an automatic mechanism that prevent the brake pad to stick on the rotor an fade prematurly.

Cheers

Double A
Well i think we all should add this set-up to our lists!
If you do it first tell us how they perform
Old 04-09-2001, 01:52 PM

Hey Justin, I will contact them today and try to steal infos that can benefits us max freak. he he he

I'll keep you posted

Cheers
Double A
Old 04-09-2001, 02:08 PM

Hey Justin, more news on the way. I was fairly to quick to reply to your mail and I should have waited a bit cuz I spoke to Jacques Rancourt which is the Newtech VP ( I know him very well, I did some business with his company last year )he is going to call me today after his meeting. I can't wait to speak with him later today. Anyway he seems quite enthousiast over the phone and promess to call me back today.

Keep you posted on this promessing technology.

Cheers to all.

Double A
Old 04-09-2001, 03:12 PM

Hey guys, I just finish a conversation with Jacques Rancourt the Newtech VP. He confirmed me that they made an agreement with Saleen who will make Newtech braking system available on a special edition Mustang or Saleen made for race, perhaps it call a Mustang Saleen ( sorry for this but I dont know to much about Saleen and Mustang and their relations) The special mustang will be available this summer and they made it to compete with Lamborghini ( That's what I was told). If we want this to be available for us we have to blow Nissan about it, if we can send ton a e-mail to Nissan urging them to have a look at it maybe they could start discussion with Newtech. He was very happy that I though of them for their technology, if we can convince Stillen or Nissan or any company big enough,( the r&d cost is about a million $$$ ) they could have a very nice technology available for us. They will defenitely have a look at the OEM industries and keep me informed about it ( probably an issue for us in the longer run ). This technology can be available for any car, it's a mater of adapting the technology, because all the stock braking parts have to go, they use different master cylinder, they use bigger stainless brake line and other stuff as well.

Nissan could easily spend one million buck, to get the best braking system available for us, they could offer it as an option. Newtech is ready to have discussion with any car manufacturer or OEM company.

Keep me informed of what you guys thinks.

Cheers

Double