5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My 16 Month Journey for Eyelids

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

My 16 Month Journey for Eyelids

So this story starts off during the summer of 03'. This guy named CTI_2003 was having a GD on eyelids that he was going to produce after we all payed $55. The deal was for us to pay and then during the next month he could make the eyelids and ship them out in the order we payed. Well for those that know this story the guy never made any and disappeared taking about 20 members money. Okay so we filed our internet fraud reports and moved on with our lives.

During the next year of searching LCT decides to make some eyelids and they look amazing. CF or fiberglass in 2 different styles. Couldn't have any better... except for the price. $115 is way more than $55. So toward the end of June 04' I have the money so I place an or for CF straight cut eyelids. I wait, and I wait, then I wait some more. I email LCT and they said that they have a problem with the producer of these eyelids and are working on getting them out as soon as possible. My already 3-4 week production time turned into about 9-10 weeks.

I finally got my tracking number through email from DHL saying my package was shipped and will be here 10/4/04. Well that Friday came and no eyelids. Later on I find out my package was mis handles and was delayed 5 days and would be delivered the 8th (Friday). Well Friday came and nothing, but finally on that following Monday they were delivered (Today).

Pulling them out I was just giggling because I knew they weren't right. It would be too easy for them to be CF straight cut one and not any other.

THEY SENT ME FREAKIN CF CURVED STYLE EYELIDS. I really didn't like the look of these.... that's why I purchased the straight cut ones. I emailed LCT about this one. Hopefully the shop can take them back and shave off the corner and send them back to me.

For those of you, which I think it was only about 3 others waiting on the final batch of eyelids from LCT. Did you get curved as well. I'm wondering if the shop just send all the last ones out curved. They're no longer being made so I hope I can get this fixed.

Sorry if this is long, but it's been 16 months. Give me a break already.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:05 AM
I miss the .org!

Oh boy...you know I'm not happy about this either...just email Brian: service@leftcoasttuning.com and he'll straighten it out. If heads need to get knocked, I'll handle that part of it
Old 10-12-2004, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Oh boy...you know I'm not happy about this either...just email Brian: service@leftcoasttuning.com and he'll straighten it out. If heads need to get knocked, I'll handle that part of it
Thanks Pat, and yeah I already emailed Brian. He'll more than likey reply back sometime today about my predicament.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:52 AM
Play with my balls

Sorry bout your situation. I'm still waiting on someone to make these again. Check your PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:07 AM

i remember that cti guy

he came back twice and tricked you guys
Old 10-12-2004, 06:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yea i remember that Ahole CTI. got jiped. oh well. live and learn, do it yourself and forget about it.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:37 PM

I wish these were the right ones because I'm so ready to put these bad boys on. I don't have friends that have tricked out cars or know many people with tricked out cars so I've never really seen carbon fiber up close. If hoods looks like these eyelids I'll be investing into a hood because it looks so good. It's almost 4pm, hopefully Brian PMs me back with some good knews.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Anuj
i remember that cti guy

he came back twice and tricked you guys
yeah the *** had us going. I still wish he lived closer because I would have gone and rained on his parade.