5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Maxima Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2001, 08:01 PM

Since I think 5th Gen. Maxima commercials are among the sweetest tv adverts on the plannet, I was playing with the idea of putting up an archive of all of them up on the web.... What do you guys think?? (working for a dot-com company, i certainly have the resources)

I already have the "stitches", and "years in development, hours spent obsessing, seconds to fall in love" ones sitting on my desktop...

If any of you have anything to add (i know there were quite a few fifth gen commercials), feel free to e-mail them to me -> tomz@oddbite.com ... (don't worry about the size.. i have a pretty fat pipe -->insert stupid joke here :-)

-Tom Z.
Old 04-14-2001, 08:03 PM

that be great, but where u gonna find the commercials???
Old 04-14-2001, 08:05 PM

Dude, I saw the very end of one yesterday. I always seem to miss them! I saw a sand or mist 2k1 SE slamming the brakes on a road in the middle of nowhere and coming to a stop. It then shows a rear shot of the car (right in the line of the horizon, with the huge, red sun in front) and you see the brake lights (on) shut off. And the "cars like it:0". I want to see the whole commercial.
Old 04-14-2001, 08:09 PM

Oh, never mind. I read the General Forum. I want to see the whole commercial. According to the post, the max redlines into the sunset.
Old 04-14-2001, 08:10 PM

hmm... i WANT that one... but in case you don't end up seeing it. lemme explain what happened...

there's a guy sitting in the middle of the desert in a maxima, watching the sunset (tom's diner playing the background).... the sun sets... then all of a sudden.. WOT!!!! the tire's smoke a bit, and he's off (it's a 5 spd, so it's even more dramatic, cuz they show him shifting). anywayz, after a few secs of some really def engine noises, he slams on the brakes, and comes to a stop, only to watch the sun setting again...

Pretty cool... :-) Nissan commercials like this passionately sodomize crap like "Toyota's TV Guy..."

-Tom Z.
Old 04-14-2001, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by tomz17
hmm... i WANT that one... but in case you don't end up seeing it. lemme explain what happened...

there's a guy sitting in the middle of the desert in a maxima, watching the sunset (tom's diner playing the background).... the sun sets... then all of a sudden.. WOT!!!! the tire's smoke a bit, and he's off (it's a 5 spd, so it's even more dramatic, cuz they show him shifting). anywayz, after a few secs of some really def engine noises, he slams on the brakes, and comes to a stop, only to watch the sun setting again...

Pretty cool... :-) Nissan commercials like this passionately sodomize crap like "Toyota's TV Guy..."

-Tom Z.
Nissan has some of the best commercials! Anyone remember 4th gen vs the plane?
Old 04-14-2001, 09:29 PM

song

-Tom Z.
Who sings the song on that commercial?
Old 04-14-2001, 09:32 PM

Please Do

Since I think 5th Gen. Maxima commercials are among the sweetest tv adverts on the plannet, I was playing with the idea of putting up an archive of all of them up on the web.... What do you guys think?? (working for a dot-com company, i certainly have the resources)

I already have the "stitches", and "years in development, hours spent obsessing, seconds to fall in love" ones sitting on my desktop...

If any of you have anything to add (i know there were quite a few fifth gen commercials), feel free to e-mail them to me -> tomz@oddbite.com ... (don't worry about the size.. i have a pretty fat pipe -->insert stupid joke here :-)

-Tom Z.
Pleeeeeeaaaaassssse Do That.
All the maxima commercial.
Old 04-14-2001, 10:23 PM

Please do it, but I just wonder how you will get them all?

You must have some friends in Nissan's marketing group?!?
Old 04-15-2001, 06:15 AM

Song

blockburna, the song "Tom's Diner" is by Suzanne Vega.
Old 04-15-2001, 08:14 AM

Nissan does make some pretty awesome commercials...sucked me right in
Old 04-15-2001, 08:44 AM

Actually, i was hoping that you guys might have collected a few commercials... damn..

U think if I e-mailed Nissan Marketing, they would be able to help?

Or would they just give me the shaft..??

-Tom
Old 04-15-2001, 08:55 AM

Actually, i was hoping that you guys might have collected a few commercials... damn..

U think if I e-mailed Nissan Marketing, they would be able to help?

Or would they just give me the shaft..??

-Tom
I, too, had the idea of collecting all 5th generation Maxima commercials for a website. I recently sent Nissan a letter requesting videotape copies of all 2000 and 2001 Maxima commercials aired in North America, explaining why I wanted them and of what benefit that kind of a website would have for Nissan, Maxima enthusiasts, and other consumers.

I fully expect to get the shaft, but hey, you gotta try!

Cars Like It: 0
Old 04-15-2001, 11:51 AM

"there's a guy sitting in the middle of the desert in a maxima, watching the sunset (tom's diner playing the background).... the sun sets... "

I just saw it for the first time. What a great commercial! But it looked to me like it was rising. Then he speeds up.

"then all of a sudden.. WOT!!!! the tire's smoke a bit, and he's off (it's a 5 spd, so it's even more dramatic, cuz they show him shifting). anywayz, after a few secs of some really def engine noises, he slams on the brakes, and comes to a stop, only to watch the sun setting again..."

When he stops, the sun begins setting. I was really confused. It took me a couple of seconds, but then I remembered Superman I, and I realized that the torque of the Maxima had caused the earth to change rotational direction, causing the sun to set instead of rise.

I love this car!
Old 04-15-2001, 12:46 PM

Heh... don't over-analyze the superman thing... not to make it sound like "duh", but I think Nissan intended to convey that the Maxima is fast enough to travel faster than the sun can set...

Lemme clarify... imagine you are watching a sunset in NJ... the sun sets... but then you hop onto a plane traveling west (i believe west, although now that i got to thinking about it, i'm not 100% sure which way the earth rotates... damn)... Imagine this plane goes really fast... you could "catch up" with the sunset.. (if that makes sense)..
Otherwise, you can just pretend that you can arrive at a point where the sun has not yet set, fast enough to see another sunset..

-Tom

Originally posted by ScottMax
"there's a guy sitting in the middle of the desert in a maxima, watching the sunset (tom's diner playing the background).... the sun sets... "

I just saw it for the first time. What a great commercial! But it looked to me like it was rising. Then he speeds up.

"then all of a sudden.. WOT!!!! the tire's smoke a bit, and he's off (it's a 5 spd, so it's even more dramatic, cuz they show him shifting). anywayz, after a few secs of some really def engine noises, he slams on the brakes, and comes to a stop, only to watch the sun setting again..."

When he stops, the sun begins setting. I was really confused. It took me a couple of seconds, but then I remembered Superman I, and I realized that the torque of the Maxima had caused the earth to change rotational direction, causing the sun to set instead of rise.

I love this car!
Old 04-15-2001, 01:58 PM
Got Bent?

They played that commercial non-stop on NBC during the Philly-NY basketball game. Gets better every time I see it
Old 04-15-2001, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
They played that commercial non-stop on NBC during the Philly-NY basketball game. Gets better every time I see it
Old 04-15-2001, 05:05 PM

Heh... don't over-analyze the superman thing... not to make it sound like "duh", but I think Nissan intended to convey that the Maxima is fast enough to travel faster than the sun can set...

Lemme clarify... imagine you are watching a sunset in NJ... the sun sets... but then you hop onto a plane traveling west (i believe west, although now that i got to thinking about it, i'm not 100% sure which way the earth rotates... damn)... Imagine this plane goes really fast... you could "catch up" with the sunset.. (if that makes sense)..
Otherwise, you can just pretend that you can arrive at a point where the sun has not yet set, fast enough to see another sunset..

-Tom

hmmm, interesting; so our Maximas are faster than the rotational speed of the earth around its axis, but not quite fast enough to actually change the direction of the earth's rotation (Superman I); they're probably somewhere in between. I can live with that- as long as the S4 can't do that either. >