5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Weird Parts Request-Stupid Accident

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 09:46 PM

Weird Parts Request-Stupid Accident

Been a long while since I posted. Some stupid driver ran a red light and crashed into the front end of the Maxima. Damaged some things that the stupid body shop didn't fix so I was wondering where to get the following items. I have a Black 2000 SE Maxima.

Clear front corners - I checked the parts list but the post was from so long ago, I don't know where the 'place to buy' clear corners is anymore - need fronts.

Attachments for a tranny cooler to the front radiator. Have a tranny cooler and when the stupid body shop put my new front bumper on, somehow (and I have no idea why), they broke the little plastic clips that attached the tranny cooler to the radiator fan. It was like 4 long straight things with a locking clip on the back. I hope someone knows what I am talking about - it's hard to describe. I think it is a Hayden tranny cooler - but they aren't even listed in the parts list post so it's hard to say - it's just a simple fin tranny cooler.

Still am having trouble - the insurance wouldn't fix the shift linkage that is damaged - my car won't start unless it's in neutral because the linkage is damaged and it doesn't know that it is in park. Neutral is really reverse according to the shift lights on the dash. It's a pain, but the stupid insurance company of the lady who hit me claims that at 60k miles, it could be a wear issue and not necessarily a result of the accident.

Wrecks suck even when they aren't your fault.

Any help that someone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt