5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

New Mossy Performance Website launch TODAY! Tons of Max products

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 03:51 PM

New Mossy Performance Website launch TODAY! Good Max products

Just like the title says: http://www.mossyperformance.com

Fully Stainless steel and mandrel bent, the Mossy Performance Exhaust replaces the stock system from the catback and retains all factory mounting points. Can be easily installed in an hour using basic hand tools. Features polished stainless steel mufflers and a polished 3" tip. A nice tone, not ricey like a Honda with a coffee can.

These people sound like they are for real...
Old 12-06-2004, 04:29 PM

Looks like only the home page is working. Guess their server is down. I am in the market for an exhaust in the next two weeks. Does anyone know how loud this catback exhaust is compared to FC or Cattman? Oh yeah and that is with a y-pipe.

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2004, 04:37 PM

Nobody knows because it is NEW
Old 12-06-2004, 04:47 PM

pictures would help this site out alot. nice products though.

-ps: i notice brake fluid is on there. how good is this? would it be any good for a clutch? looking for personal experience not a vendor sales pitch.

-pps: i love how these maxima performance companies come out of the woodwork. that means more competative pricing from them all
Old 12-06-2004, 04:58 PM

I'm an idiot! I knew it was new, but you mention in your first post that it has a "nice tone"? Guess that is what got my first post started.

Never mind! I finally got on the site and see it is just the full discription off the site.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:29 AM
the org...not what it was

That exhaust might be promising. The only thing is they don't have any pictures of there customers cars neither is that information correct, in addition the testimonials are all from Altima owners and there comments themselves seem awfully suspect. Example:

"Back from the test ride. You are going to make me get a ticket. It goes 0 to Hot Damn I Need to Slow Down in nothing flat. All I can do is smile. WOW"

0-Hotdamn? How old is he 16??
Seems very very suspect, although i'd like to talk to someone over there about the exhaust system.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Unsuccesful STL Coordinator

Originally Posted by mdloops
Nobody knows because it is NEW
Yeah, you say noone knows because they are new, yet you give a full run-down of their catbatck, even how it sounds.....
Old 12-07-2004, 07:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Epacy
Yeah, you say noone knows because they are new, yet you give a full run-down of their catbatck, even how it sounds.....
He pasted the descrip that was given on the website....
Old 12-07-2004, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by alicious
Seems very very suspect, although i'd like to talk to someone over there about the exhaust system.
I agree that the testimonials are lame... but Greg V is pretty big in the SR20 forums, so I doubt there's anything sketchy about the business... its just a new site, give it some time to unfold. I myself am gonna be watching and waiting for that exhaust.... I was just gonna get a Frankencar, but I think I'm gonna wait a lil now...
Old 12-07-2004, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Matt_01SE_20th
-pps: i love how these maxima performance companies come out of the woodwork. that means more competative pricing from them all
Yes, more competition might lead to lower prices, esp for exhaust parts... that is the hope for all of us I'm sure... we do need more competition in this market... only thing is the market for aftermarket Maxima parts is much smaller relative to other popular imports and "tuner" or "enthusiast" cars(not sure how else to put that). It just doesn't seem all that attractive.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:13 AM

Guys this company is legit. Go to nissanperformancemag.com and check out the stuff they use them on their project cars. Trust me, I am willing to put my 625.00 in them from research that I have already done on them. Check out that site and you will not question their quality.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:53 AM

Greg Vogel is the DAVEB of the SR20 world. I bought many parts from Greg for my old 91 SER. Very good customer service and very knowledgable staff....

Mossy gets a
Old 12-07-2004, 09:00 AM

They ARE very reputable. Mossy is not sketchy. They are the ones who found out that you can put the 04 max brakes on an altima se-r and made the kit for like $800 and sold it to nissanperformance mag. They then posted solid results of the improved braking. These guys did have pictures on their old site and I am sure they are woking on transferring them over just give them a few days.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:22 AM
drag racing is for wussies

This site has been up for almost a week now, its not like it launched today. I will vouch for Greg V, we communicated alot and hes gotten alot or respect from alot of folks on the SE-R list and the SR20forums. Mossy is what Courtesy Nissan USED to be, years and years ago Courtesy was your one place for all OE and some aftermarket parts, their service has slipped sooooo low that almost no one ever buys from them anymore.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:20 AM
The Definitive AE Master

mossy is decent because they specialize in altimas and maximas.

For the upmost OEM, jdm nismo, and performance stuff... there are also two competitors to Mossy Nissan:

-Superior Nissan in Puente Hills, CA (www.nissanjdm.com) - site not up yet. Regular site: www.puentehillsnissan.com (click specials)
they specialize in silvias, skylines, old datsuns. Most if not all of socal nissan performance parts come from them. They are big on the drift scene and are featured in many magazines. They've had the blitz skyline, signal auto silvia, and now a sr20det powered 350z on their show room floor

-Performance Nissan in Duarte, CA (www.performancenissanparts.com)
they deal specifically with 350z's and g35's.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:06 PM

Still no pics... although, for those of ya like me, who were hoping for a single tip, you're gonna be disappointed, because its a dual.... anyways, Greg knows we are waiting.... here is his reply to my email....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 9:10 AM
To: 'Joel'
Subject: RE: Parts Inquiry - 2002 Maxima Cat-Back Exhaust

Joel,
The system is done. It is a full stainles, mandrel bent, TIG welded cat-back system. Dual tipped. It has a nice low tone like our others, and fit and sound are what a Maxima owner would expect. I will sell you this system for $595, + shipping. Spreading the word is always good! ;-)

Thanks,

Greg V
"Speed is money
how fast do you want to go?"
Old 12-07-2004, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
Still no pics... although, for those of ya like me, who were hoping for a single tip, you're gonna be disappointed, because its a dual.... anyways, Greg knows we are waiting.... here is his reply to my email....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 9:10 AM
To: 'Joel'
Subject: RE: Parts Inquiry - 2002 Maxima Cat-Back Exhaust

Joel,
The system is done. It is a full stainles, mandrel bent, TIG welded cat-back system. Dual tipped. It has a nice low tone like our others, and fit and sound are what a Maxima owner would expect. I will sell you this system for $595, + shipping. Spreading the word is always good! ;-)

Thanks,

Greg V
"Speed is money
how fast do you want to go?"
Greg is a straight up cat, he will take care of you. And No Igor not in that way
Old 12-07-2004, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Cutlr7
Greg is a straight up cat, he will take care of you. And No Igor not in that way
Yeah seems so... he's been really responsive with my emails... and I've noticed that it seems he's established and popular as a vendor in the SR20 forum (and I'm sure in others) too... it'll be good to have someone like him supplying Maxima stuff.... we need more vendors like that....