5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

halo projector headlight question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 06:35 AM

halo projector headlight question

can someone tell me what the bulb size is ??....i'm thinkking of putting aftermarket HIDs ....i have the stock 4300k there and it doesnt look that great. thanks in advance

-Jay
Old 12-14-2004, 09:31 AM
the org...not what it was

what size the bulb is? Define what you mean.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Whats up Jay....

I believe that projectors use H3 bulbs? Can't you replace the stock bulb with H3 HID system?
Old 12-14-2004, 10:22 AM
Z

Originally Posted by XxJ822xX
can someone tell me what the bulb size is ??....i'm thinkking of putting aftermarket HIDs ....i have the stock 4300k there and it doesnt look that great. thanks in advance

-Jay

It's H3.

(12345)
Old 12-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Cletus

good god...
months of endless posts asking if they should the cheap projectors...
people didnt listen and bought them...
now endless posts asking about replacement bulbs
Old 12-14-2004, 03:20 PM

I think the problem is that people choose looks over output. I personally remember seeing the beam pattern from them and it looked horrible, but just cause i dont like it dont mean other people cant get them. Either way the bulb size is H3, good luck.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:59 PM
BlkShadow01

pssssssh halos rock my socks man. they look ten times better than anything else and the "beam pattern" is fine, shines bright n straight..i love em

Old 12-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Z

The angel eyes are dim as f*ck.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:08 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by soonerfan
good god...
months of endless posts asking if they should the cheap projectors...
people didnt listen and bought them...
now endless posts asking about replacement bulbs
Amen, brotha. Personally, I wouldn't trade me AE's for ANY headlights, especailly now that I have the LED buls in the front!
Old 12-14-2004, 05:09 PM
BlkShadow01

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
The angel eyes are dim as f*ck.
They are bright enough. Plus, why would I want them brighter? To blind other drivers and cause accidents? Halos are the shiiiii t so

Old 12-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by BlkShadow01
They are bright enough. Plus, why would I want them brighter? To blind other drivers and cause accidents? Halos are the shiiiii t so
you know what else is "the shiiiii t" ?
my stock headlights with silverstar bulbs. perfect pattern and they actually light up the road
so you have halos...your low beams suck @ss
you can have them

another example of a newbie coming on here making enemies
Old 12-14-2004, 05:54 PM
BlkShadow01

you know what else is "the shiiiii t" ?
my stock headlights with silverstar bulbs. perfect pattern and they actually light up the road
so you have halos...your low beams suck @ss
you can have them

another example of a newbie coming on here making enemies

Haha, you're 29? and you say this kinda of stuff..real mature hahaha

Old 12-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Cletus

Haha, you're 29? and you say this kinda of stuff..real mature hahaha
what did i say that was imature?
the fact that i said your projector headlights were crap....then i backed it up?

or the fact that i said you were a newbie making enemies? i'll back that up too - if you are new you need to get to know people and become a valuable member of the forum before you start being rude. if you start with the flipping people off when you are new...it will **** people off and you wont get anymore help.

so if you want help in the future, here is some advice from your elder (both in age and a member of the forum) - create a new screen name and start over.

you are welcome
Old 12-14-2004, 07:01 PM

thanks for the info fellas....i just wasnt sure which bulb size.....also i already have hid's that i "custom fitted" but i want the blue look....i do admit the beam pattern isnt that great....well got now i'm going to get the 8000k HIDs for my fogs and re-wire them so just the fogs and halos are on....i'm still undecided if i want to replace the headlights (i just wanted to know the bulb size just incase)....and also gentlemen.....everybody has their own opinion...so you guys should try to respect eachothers sh*t...like i said i do agree that the pattern/brightness/visibality isnt that great compared to when i had my OEM headlights....but to me they look sick....not to mention i get complimented all the time......thanks for everyones help.

-Jay
Old 12-14-2004, 07:24 PM

From the sounds of it you are trying to go for pure looks so then i guess it would work out for you. But if you want the best out of your headlights and hid kit then keep your oem headlights throw an 4100k or up to 6000k hid kit and enjoy lighting up the road.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:30 PM
BlkShadow01

the fact that i said your projector headlights were crap....then i backed it up?

or the fact that i said you were a newbie making enemies? i'll back that up too - if you are new you need to get to know people and become a valuable member of the forum before you start being rude. if you start with the flipping people off when you are new...it will **** people off and you wont get anymore help.

so if you want help in the future, here is some advice from your elder (both in age and a member of the forum) - create a new screen name and start over.

you are welcome

I didn't start anything man. I just stated my opinion that I think halos are the shi t. You are the one telling me that they are crap. I don't need to hear that, bringing people down doesn't usually make them feel good. But hey ure the older and more wise one so you know all dude.

Old 12-14-2004, 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=R.I.P. Grandma]From the sounds of it you are trying to go for pure looks so then i guess it would work out for you. But if you want the best out of your headlights and hid kit then keep your oem headlights throw an 4100k or up to 6000k hid kit and enjoy lighting up the road.[/QUO

you can say that( look wise)...i've always had the stock 4300k and they did a good job lighting up the road....but i wanted a little change.....i can see fine with the projectors i have now but it obviously doesn't compare when i had the OEM headlights w/HIDs...that actually blinded everyone i was behind and i saw everything...LoL...but whatever...hahahhaha...i go through changes in my car frequently so when i get sick of them i'll change them....right now i'm just trying to achieve a certain look....i'll ttyguys later

-Jay
Old 12-14-2004, 09:29 PM
Z

Point that finger up your a*s, newbie. They are dim and no where near being bright enough. I had the projectors on for a total of two days. They were beyond lame and have lousy fitment issues; they don't flush with the fender. This is why I got rid of them and got myself some gorgeous eyelids. I got compliments on mine too, but I quickly realized how ricey they looked. As soon as I saw a Civic hatchback with nearly the same looking lights, that was the end of that chapter.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:17 AM
the org...not what it was

you are welcome

Sorry to say I have to agree with sooner, don't jump into the pool and start splashing everybody. The projectors suck plain and simple, ok they may look "good" when they aren't on but the minute you turn them on they look god awful, bloobs of light across the road doesn't go well (TO ME at least) with the clean sleek look of the max. I can speak of this because I almost got them until I saw them on another Max at night and was blown with how crappy the beam pattern was.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:49 AM

also.....with the projectors....those who have actually installed HIDs in the projectors shold know(atleast from my experience) that you need to position the actual HID bulb in a certain way otherwise the beam pattern is horrible....i mean it still isn't that great but when you put the bulbs in a certain position the pattern is somewhat straight....i still have to work on mine (just too cold out)...thats why i asked the bulb size b/c i might just buy a new kit and forget all the figuring out. I never used the stock bulbs that came w/my projectors so i cant comment on the beam pattern with a REGULAR h3 buld....but with HID's it makes a real difference......and also everyone has such high expectations on these projectors(they're not bmw lights and they're not oem where you would get a straight pattern).....they're AFTERMARKET projectors for a couple of hundred dollars....now if the set costs a G or better than thats a different story

also with everyone calling eachother newbie this and newbie that....look at the year you all joined......2004!!!!....so in all actuality you guys are all on the same boat ,so for those of you who are arguing with eachother ...you 're really on the same level....(NEW TO THE ORG )..which isnt even about that....so come on fellas, just cut it out..we're all men..and if you guys really have problems with eachother talk/debate/argue in person.....NOBODY's a tough guy ONLINE talking sh*t.....does that make any sense?

-Jay
Old 12-15-2004, 06:51 AM

I didn't start anything man. I just stated my opinion that I think halos are the shi t. You are the one telling me that they are crap. I don't need to hear that, bringing people down doesn't usually make them feel good. But hey ure the older and more wise one so you know all dude.
He wasn't bringing you down, neither was Arnold, they stated their opinion (albeit in a less subtle manner) that the low beams on most aftermarket projectors for the Maxima are crap.... if you think they're good, that's fine, that's your take... they're entitled to theirs as well.... if anything, you're the one starting things by flicking em off... besides anything that you post on a forum is fair game for comments, so learn to deal with that....
Old 12-15-2004, 09:24 AM

also.....with the projectors....those who have actually installed HIDs in the projectors shold know(atleast from my experience) that you need to position the actual HID bulb in a certain way otherwise the beam pattern is horrible....i mean it still isn't that great but when you put the bulbs in a certain position the pattern is somewhat straight....i still have to work on mine (just too cold out)...thats why i asked the bulb size b/c i might just buy a new kit and forget all the figuring out. I never used the stock bulbs that came w/my projectors so i cant comment on the beam pattern with a REGULAR h3 buld....but with HID's it makes a real difference......and also everyone has such high expectations on these projectors(they're not bmw lights and they're not oem where you would get a straight pattern).....they're AFTERMARKET projectors for a couple of hundred dollars....now if the set costs a G or better than thats a different story

also with everyone calling eachother newbie this and newbie that....look at the year you all joined......2004!!!!....so in all actuality you guys are all on the same boat ,so for those of you who are arguing with eachother ...you 're really on the same level....(NEW TO THE ORG )..which isnt even about that....so come on fellas, just cut it out..we're all men..and if you guys really have problems with eachother talk/debate/argue in person.....NOBODY's a tough guy ONLINE talking sh*t.....does that make any sense?

-Jay

If you fellas refer back to his FIRST post, it was a simple question of what bulb is used by the projectors. He didn't ask about anything else. We've had thousands of projector threads where people bite each others head off, it'll never change. , oh and for the new people that are refered to as newbies, welcome to the org
Old 12-15-2004, 01:29 PM
Z

-Jay

That's it, Jay. I'm kicking your a*s. Not internet tough my nuts, beotch.

=D

BTW: Word of advice. Sell the projectors, sell the HID kit you have and buy 02-03 OEMs instead. They only cost $550 for a new set now.

Edit: And yeah, even though I'm still rather new...I'm also the non-newbiest newb here, largely because of my meets. :P
Old 12-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Sammzway

If you fellas refer back to his FIRST post, it was a simple question of what bulb is used by the projectors. He didn't ask about anything else. We've had thousands of projector threads where people bite each others head off, it'll never change. , oh and for the new people that are refered to as newbies, welcome to the org
i wasnt replying to his "what bulb?" question
i was replying to his "my projectors are the ****" comment where he flipped someone off. i was just telling him that the projectors are garbage and gave the reasons...the reasons everyone else agrees with. maybe that should mean something....projectors are crap and i was right
Old 12-15-2004, 03:40 PM

=D

BTW: Word of advice. Sell the projectors, sell the HID kit you have and buy 02-03 OEMs instead. They only cost $550 for a new set now.

Edit: And yeah, even though I'm still rather new...I'm also the non-newbiest newb here, largely because of my meets. :P

arnold...i'm not directing my comments towards you if thats what u think....i'm speaking in general....it's just ridiculous how ppl pop sh*t over this and that....i'll see you on sunday tho.....cant wait to cruise up to CT

i'm going to stick w/my projectors for now....when i get bored i'll change them to the AE ones(and thats if i dont sell her by then)....i dont want to get the 02-03 cause i dont want them getting jacked....i already caught someone scheming on my projectors....but i took care of that prob.

and yea i like your meets....they're never too far.......anyway i'll
see you sun if i go.....most likely i will

-MODS-...lock the thread...hahahahaha....
-Jay
Old 12-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Z

No doubt, Jay. Can't wait.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:28 PM
BlkShadow01

ugh fine!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2004, 10:31 PM

Yes you could get a set of OEM Hids that look good, but almost every 5th gen max on the road has them. Whats wrong with trying to be a little different, and going with the projectors and HID kit. At least your lights will not look like every other max.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by JayMax2000
Yes you could get a set of OEM Hids that look good, but almost every 5th gen max on the road has them. Whats wrong with trying to be a little different, and going with the projectors and HID kit. At least your lights will not look like every other max.

i agree with you on your comment

-Jay
Old 12-16-2004, 12:29 PM

Jay...

Is your car? Is your money?

I don't get it.... Whats wrong with trying to be a little different? Or we might get the same car, same color, same mods???? BC I won't do it!!! and that's my 0.2 cents...
Old 12-16-2004, 06:35 PM
BlkShadow01

halos are sweet no doubt yo..they look soo good

Old 12-17-2004, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Yaco_Max
Jay...

Is your car? Is your money?

I don't get it.... Whats wrong with trying to be a little different? Or we might get the same car, same color, same mods???? BC I won't do it!!! and that's my 0.2 cents...

allen is that you??...but anyway you're absolutly right.
Blk shadow i agree with you too

-Jay
Old 12-17-2004, 07:20 AM
Bring it B*tch!

Location: Queenz, nYc CarClub: NYCMAXIMAS.ORG Website: www.ChinoX.net
Arnold.... stop worrying about other people's car and worry about your own!!!! Just cuz u had bad experience with projectors

You don't have to tell everyone else not to get them...the look hot on Jay's car Atleast 5th Gens have nice affordable projectors us 4th Gen guys gotta dish out about $600 for some for our cars that in IMO don't look all that great.

Arnold you telling me to drop my car, yeah i agree it'll look better but I have a kit and unless you get a kit in ur car

heh heh

=D

Old 12-17-2004, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by ChinoX
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan stop worrying about other people's car and worry about your own!!!! Just cuz u had bad experience with projectors

You have to tell everyone else not to get them...the look hot on Jay's car

Atleast 5th Gens have nice affordable projectors us 4th Gen guys gotta dish out about $600 for some for our cars that in IMO don't look all that great.

Telling me to drop my car...man you're dropped but don't have or want a kit so Arnold!!!!

heh heh

Damn.....
hahahahaha
see you guys sunday=)

-Jay
Old 12-17-2004, 01:32 PM

Yes Jay....

If you want to be different....... Just go a head...

My 2 cents!
Old 12-17-2004, 02:10 PM

My CATZ Eye bicycle HIDs have better beam patterns than your HIDS

Originally Posted by Yaco_Max
Yes Jay....

If you want to be different....... Just go a head...

My 2 cents!
Old 12-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Bring it B*tch!

Location: Queenz, nYc CarClub: NYCMAXIMAS.ORG Website: www.ChinoX.net
Originally Posted by packetattack
My CATZ Eye bicycle HIDs have better beam patterns than your HIDS....